Carter Warren

AFJF

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I feel better about him than Max Mitchell, I know that much.

Yeah I'm not feeling good about Mitchell at all.

I want to watch this one again to see warren. If he emerges as a starter for next season that would be great. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As I said the other day; I've never seen a player given up on as quickly as this kid has been.  I've seen a million threads/tweets/comments discussing the OT situation going in to next season and I'd say Warren is mentioned as an option 1% of the time.  Completely written off as a wasted pick.

Did a heck of a job tonight.  In fact, the only positive development of the day IMO.

we have complete ineptitude across the offense decisions, and specially on saleh

Carter Warren and max Mitchell are similar 

Below average physically trying to piece together Jason fabini type careers 

While it's possible they gain strength I don't think either of them are real starters and the Jets will most likely need two new tackles for 2024 

Real tackles like penei Sewell these guys will never be that 

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

How can we give up on him if we’ve never see him on the field? He’s not mentioned because we have no idea what he is yet. 

How do you give up on him?  By consistently excluding him from conversations revolving around which tackles will be on the roster next season.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

While it's possible they gain strength I don't think either of them are real starters and the Jets will most likely need two new tackles for 2024 

Warren is the far better player.  His debut yesterday may have been better than anything we've seen from Mitchell in two seasons.  Injuries prevented him from being taken in the top 2-3 rounds.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I want to watch this one again to see warren. If he emerges as a starter for next season that would be great. 

Even if he emerges as a quality backup at first, that would be a good outcome. Teams need depth on OL - this team especially - and LT is the main place you want that dependable backup guy. 

I'll be watching out for him on Friday as it's unlikely Becton will play on a short week. Or maybe they rush Brown back.

• Upvote 1

Re-watching now.  Kid did a nice job but did get blown up for a sack by Ed Oliver who looped outside while Warren was keying on a crashing defender and tried to hop outside to pick Oliver up.  It got ugly when Oliver tossed him to the ground with one hand to pick up the sack.

But for his first game, not a bad job at all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Warren was better than expected in his first action, seeing how I was expecting disaster from any tackle who'd be 6th string on this or any team (Brown, Becton, Mitchell, AVT, Turner were all ahead of him, and he was promoted because 5 of the 6 were injured, putting aside that Turner being injured arguably helps them anyway).

Anyway, will he continue to get better?

Consider: Mitchell looked very passable in his first 3 starts, too, and at the time they had a lead-footed Flacco dropping back to pass ~60x/game to make his job that much harder. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Warren is the far better player.  His debut yesterday may have been better than anything we've seen from Mitchell in two seasons.  Injuries prevented him from being taken in the top 2-3 rounds.

Warren never tested but his agility is likely below average 

Mitchell looked great his first couple starts 

These are both backup caliber types. Jag not special 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Warren never tested but his agility is likely below average 

Mitchell looked great his first couple starts 

These are both backup caliber types. Jag not special 

Mitchell has never looked great in the NFL.  Some fans overreacted to him looking adequate because they expected so little but he's never been much better than meh.

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

I won’t pretend to be a scout or analyst or anything like that, but strength didn’t appear to be an issue at all with Warren yesterday.  When he anchored in pass protection, he looked very strong to me.

Mitchell on the other hand…..strength is a huge issue.

• Upvote 2