Robert Saleh or Joe Douglas/Woody Johnson

Smashmouth

While I don't think either one will be fired there is the slight chance one or both of them goes . I said slight so keep that in mind. The only reason I say slight is because there are 7 weeks left in the season and there is the outside chance one of them blows up within the facility . Joe can easily piss off Woody and Saleh can piss off one of two Woody or Douglas. Things change fast in this league so keep that in mind.

When it comes to the mind bogglingly stupid decision of constantly running Zach out there we may never know who is calling that shot and Saleh is taking the brunt of that. I don't feel there is any way Saleh is making that call, it has to be coming from above him. I say this because I have never seen QB play this bad in my entire life and I have to think at some point a HC would at least try to spark the team with a change. I can think of 1 maybe 2 games that Zach should not have been pulled.  He would have been gone after the NE game if I were calling the shots I think most sane people here feel the same way. In fact as soon as Rodgers got hurt Carson Wentz would have been on the team.

When it comes to Douglas his 2 big problems seem to be the OL and The QB. with the injuries on the OL there was not much room for success . AVT has had season ending injuries for 2 years.  Connor McGovern and guy who never got hurt season ends as well. The big crap shoot IMHO was Becton and Brown . But if you think about it Becton has played up to this point as has Tomlinson and Tippman has shown to be a good one  .In that case without the debilitating injuries We could have gotten by just fine with Becton Tomlinson Mcgovern Tippman AVT and if healthy I think that group would have gelled just fine but two are gone . Warren and Mitchell would have been nice back ups and provided depth and Brown would have been helping in some way ...you would think. Unfortunately this unit has been decimated ... I find it hard to blame Douglas for AVT and McGovern 2/5 of the OL going away/ You could have made something happen with losing one but not both . Plugging in one OL is always doable plugging in 2 or 3 is not and its not for just about every team in the NFL. Not signing a competent back up QB when numerous ones were available was his biggest offense and nothing else comes close. This single stupid non move could be the dumbest thing I have ever seen in Sports. That's pretty bad after he spent so much effort building a solid roster and a championship caliber defense.

Now we come to the QB who simply put is the worst in the NFL by a large margin in so many critical categories one being holding the ball way too long which hurts the above mentioned decimated OL. This is not a good mix yet here we are trotting this kid out every week and he makes the entire offense look out of sync and yes I blame that on the QB and a lot of it on the OC who basically adjusts nothing.  If it were up to me we would never have gotten rid of LeFleur but we did and that's a shame. Do I think Rodgers would stay here if we fire Hackett ? yes I think he would or his final seasons would go down as a clown show if he quits on the team based on his buddy sucking ass. I think he's better than that. While I think the Jets tried to make him happy I DO NOT think Rodgers is pulling strings like so many seem to think. I think the Jets respect him as a player and try their best to keep him Happy but in no way do I think he is holding the Organization hostage and to think so is shortsighted and stupid.

Bottom line the catalyst behind all of this is the QB and the fact the Coach refuses to make a change. Which brings me back full circle ...who in the hell is the complete Idiot and I mean complete Idiot making the call to start Zach Wilson week in and week out ? Is Saleh falling on the sword being the good solider or is he the guy with unwavering faith in a QB who for all intents and purposes is a child ?

Thing is as Fans we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and that's what needs to be known before we can voice our opinions as fans as too who needs to be shown the door at seasons end. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Unfortunately, I think Saleh has been playing the best QB. Douglas/Woody prevented any competition or further QB signings.

Ryan they used to say that about Mike White .... how would we as fans know if Boyle has learned anything if we dont get him out there what could be worse than looking at Zach Wilson play QB ?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Unfortunately, I think Saleh has been playing the best QB. Douglas/Woody prevented any competition or further QB signings.

Also this then comes down to Douglas ...if Saleh truly thinks Wilson is the best option how in the hell did Douglas sit on his fat ass hands all offseason ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I have to admit like I said in the game thread I turned the game off with 5 min left in the second quarter and I have never ever done that as a Jets fan even in the worst years. 

Does anyone have all the throws by Boyle ? I heard he got the ball out quick and was decisive when was the last time we saw that ? Thing is when the defense adjust to that and plays tight can you adjust ? I think Boyle deserves that shot and send Wilson to the Practice Squad and finally cut him at seasons end. If the Jets pick up the 5th on Wilson I may no longer be a Jets fan

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It's pretty clear just by looking at the roster that a decision was made above Saleh's head that ZW would be the #2 and he would play deep into a bad string of performances before there would be another discussion about pulling him this year. 

Under other circumstances I'd say somebody in the coaching staff is the sacrifice for ZW. Hackett almost certainly and maybe Saleh, especially if this is how the defense will look the rest of the year. With Rodgers involved on limited time, I don't see Douglas or Woody wanting to rock the boat by cutting out any high ranking coach. Calabrese might be shown the door. If next year gets off to a bad start, we might see Saleh out and Ulbrich in as interim head coach, although I'm not sure how that's any better.

If it could be sold to Rodgers to dump the coaching staff, I'd be in favor of it. Surely there is an offensive coordinator willing to build Rodgers a playbook and with the quality of the defensive roster a lot of defensive coordinators could come in and find success. Ulbrich might be convinced to stay if he doesn't get an opportunity to go elsewhere after this season.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I have to admit like I said in the game thread I turned the game off with 5 min left in the second quarter and I have never ever done that as a Jets fan even in the worst years. 

Does anyone have all the throws by Boyle ? I heard he got the ball out quick and was decisive when was the last time we saw that ? Thing is when the defense adjust to that and plays tight can you adjust ? I think Boyle deserves that shot and send Wilson to the Practice Squad and finally cut him at seasons end. If the Jets pick up the 5th on Wilson I may no longer be a Jets fan

Lots of high balls that lead to near interceptions and incompletions. He threw 7/14 completions (compared to ZW 7/15) for a grand total of 31 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. He was running around avoiding sacks, too. He looked less panicked than ZW and got the ball out a little quicker but you usually didn't want to see the ball go where it went. 

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Lots of high balls that lead to near interceptions and incompletions. He threw 7/14 completions (compared to ZW 7/15) for a grand total of 31 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT. He was running around avoiding sacks, too. He looked less panicked than ZW and got the ball out a little quicker but you usually didn't want to see the ball go where it went. 

Sometimes when a QB is throwing balls high or sailing them he needs to just settle down maybe he was a bit pumped up;.

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

While I don't think either one will be fired there is the slight chance one or both of them goes . I said slight so keep that in mind. The only reason I say slight is because there are 7 weeks left in the season and there is the outside chance one of them blows up within the facility . Joe can easily piss off Woody and Saleh can piss off one of two Woody or Douglas. Things change fast in this league so keep that in mind.

When it comes to the mind bogglingly stupid decision of constantly running Zach out there we may never know who is calling that shot and Saleh is taking the brunt of that. I don't feel there is any way Saleh is making that call, it has to be coming from above him. I say this because I have never seen QB play this bad in my entire life and I have to think at some point a HC would at least try to spark the team with a change. I can think of 1 maybe 2 games that Zach should not have been pulled.  He would have been gone after the NE game if I were calling the shots I think most sane people here feel the same way. In fact as soon as Rodgers got hurt Carson Wentz would have been on the team.

When it comes to Douglas his 2 big problems seem to be the OL and The QB. with the injuries on the OL there was not much room for success . AVT has had season ending injuries for 2 years.  Connor McGovern and guy who never got hurt season ends as well. The big crap shoot IMHO was Becton and Brown . But if you think about it Becton has played up to this point as has Tomlinson and Tippman has shown to be a good one  .In that case without the debilitating injuries We could have gotten by just fine with Becton Tomlinson Mcgovern Tippman AVT and if healthy I think that group would have gelled just fine but two are gone . Warren and Mitchell would have been nice back ups and provided depth and Brown would have been helping in some way ...you would think. Unfortunately this unit has been decimated ... I find it hard to blame Douglas for AVT and McGovern 2/5 of the OL going away/ You could have made something happen with losing one but not both . Plugging in one OL is always doable plugging in 2 or 3 is not and its not for just about every team in the NFL. Not signing a competent back up QB when numerous ones were available was his biggest offense and nothing else comes close. This single stupid non move could be the dumbest thing I have ever seen in Sports. That's pretty bad after he spent so much effort building a solid roster and a championship caliber defense.

Now we come to the QB who simply put is the worst in the NFL by a large margin in so many critical categories one being holding the ball way too long which hurts the above mentioned decimated OL. This is not a good mix yet here we are trotting this kid out every week and he makes the entire offense look out of sync and yes I blame that on the QB and a lot of it on the OC who basically adjusts nothing.  If it were up to me we would never have gotten rid of LeFleur but we did and that's a shame. Do I think Rodgers would stay here if we fire Hackett ? yes I think he would or his final seasons would go down as a clown show if he quits on the team based on his buddy sucking ass. I think he's better than that. While I think the Jets tried to make him happy I DO NOT think Rodgers is pulling strings like so many seem to think. I think the Jets respect him as a player and try their best to keep him Happy but in no way do I think he is holding the Organization hostage and to think so is shortsighted and stupid.

Bottom line the catalyst behind all of this is the QB and the fact the Coach refuses to make a change. Which brings me back full circle ...who in the hell is the complete Idiot and I mean complete Idiot making the call to start Zach Wilson week in and week out ? Is Saleh falling on the sword being the good solider or is he the guy with unwavering faith in a QB who for all intents and purposes is a child ?

Thing is as Fans we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and that's what needs to be known before we can voice our opinions as fans as too who needs to be shown the door at seasons end. 

It was stupid to wait this long to sit Wilson.. we knew he was not the guy last year. Out offense is so poorly coached and terrible play calls and worse.designs just doom us every week.

The bills made.like two plays. Def can't play perfect every damn game.

If Zach has a good play caller and good plays to run built for him or at least qb friendly with extra blockers , PA some fast routes etc. you could win game and we would have had at least two more wins this season

But we habe hackett. I yearn for the Adam gase days.

I know itwont happen but damn I wish saleh fired hackett.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He benched Zach.  Saleh talking about his defense constantly in press conferences is an indicator he knows he’s done here.  

The defense was due for a so so game. This was gonna happen, but you can’t rely only on defense every game all season, you gotta score points in the nfl.

He lost the team late last year and they brought him back. That’s how clueless the people are above him too. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BP said:

The defense was due for a so so game. This was gonna happen, but you can’t rely only on defense every game all season, you gotta score points in the nfl.

He lost the team late last year and they brought him back. That’s how clueless the people are above him too. 

Ofcourse.  You can’t try to win every game 10-7.  You have to be able to score points in this league and Zach is not a competent qb

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Ryan they used to say that about Mike White .... how would we as fans know if Boyle has learned anything if we dont get him out there what could be worse than looking at Zach Wilson play QB ?

I don't think Boyle was ever going to be the answer. Siemian I think has the higher floor which is what we should have looked at if we really wanted to have a chance at sneaking into the playoffs.

• Haha 1

I was afraid you were going to ask Marry, kill or F? Yikes. 

Also this then comes down to Douglas ...if Saleh truly thinks Wilson is the best option how in the hell did Douglas sit on his fat ass hands all offseason ?

No no no, I mean in season. Saleh played the best QB on our roster. I 100% blame Douglas and or Woody if he was told not to being anyone else in.

• Upvote 1

@bla bla bla Get to work!  :)

4 hours ago, BP said:

Apparently the Jets coaches do not agree. They can’t lose the game if opposing offenses can’t score!

JD needs to be the very first one to go, that's not even a question.  As long as he's still here, no one else deserves to lose their job, as he's the one most at fault for all of this.  Giving him a chance to not only continue managing this roster, but hiring another head coach, would literally be the dumbest option available.  I would sooner let Saleh be GM/HC then let JD keep doing what he's doing and pick another HC, that's how bad it is.

However, of course the true answer is it will need to be a full-on house-cleaning.  It unfortunately might just take another year given JD went out of his way to have the entire past offseason's plan based around insurance for him to keep his job far more than it was for the on-field success of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

He was amazing.  He's QB rating was 26.5.  Zach's was 57.9.  Saleh can go on the FAN and with a straight face say Zach is more than twice as good as Boyle. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

JD needs to be the very first one to go, that's not even a question.  As long as he's still here, no one else deserves to lose their job, as he's the one most at fault for all of this.  Giving him a chance to not only continue managing this roster, but hiring another head coach, would literally be the dumbest option available.  I would sooner let Saleh be GM/HC then let JD keep doing what he's doing and pick another HC, that's how bad it is.

However, of course the true answer is it will need to be a full-on house-cleaning.  It unfortunately might just take another year given JD went out of his way to have the entire past offseason's plan based around insurance for him to keep his job far more than it was for the on-field success of the Jets.

If rodgers is healthy this year i think they make the playoffs even if he’s average.  That’s how much better the roster is compared to when douglas started here.  The OL would look better with a qb who can play the position. 

What he needs (and hopefully has) to learn is that you need a few qbs not just one who you think won’t get hurt