It’s a bright new day, Jets fans

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s an old parable about an enraged elephant stomping through and destroying a village, so the town elders call in their mightiest warriors to defeat the elephant but were quickly struck down. So the elders sent message to the king, who sent *his* mightiest warriors to defeat the elephant, but they were also easily smited. The elephant continues to smash and destroy the village, collapsing buildings and flattening villagers. All hope was lost until a fearless small boy walked up to the elephant, looked under his mighty foot, and pulled out a splinter, at which point the elephant is at peace, thanks the boy, and walks off into the jungle newly healed. 

Zach Wilson was that splinter. The elephant is the Jets offense. The splinter-pulling-boy was whoever it was that had the guts to finally put Zach Wilson down yesterday. It is a new day. 

Does that mean we’re going to be good? No. It will be bad, probably. The village will still be ruined. But, we can now rebuild without Zach tearing everything down every Sunday. There was no chance of building anything with him taking all the snaps. Everyone was getting worse. Defenses were teeing off. We had become a national punchline. Jets players were demoralized and losing hope. Those days are done. 

There will be recriminations. The media—finally getting what they wanted the whole time—will now pivot to mocking the Jets for playing Zach Wilson in the first place. A portion of Jets fans will try to deflect blame—it was Lazard! It’s the OL! The penalties!—do not believe them. It was the quarterback. The team had lost faith. 

Today, that faith starts down the path toward being restored. Zach Wilson has taken his last snap as a Jet. The splinter has been pulled. Onward and upward. 

nwo-wwe.gif

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s all meaningless since the idiots responsible for this are still here. We are now in “wait for AR” mode and praying that he can elevate this team. I hate to say it but I almost don’t want that just so we can assure that we get rid of JD and Saleh, who have been abominations. 

We've been in wait for AR since play 5 pf week 1. I feel like we had this season stolen from us.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

JD and Saleh have lost the one shield they had from the bullseye being pointed directly at them.  This offense is pathetic and goes way beyond one person.  It will be very interesting seeing Boyle/Siemian in there. 

Not really. Jets moved the ball with ease w-any non-ZW QB the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Six games of Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian followed by two years of a geriatric flake coming off a catastrophic injury, and all of it coordinated by Nate Hackett? Future’s so bright I gotta wear shades 😎

Rodgers will never play for the Jets.  At his age a slip and fall on the Ice in a CVS parking lot picking up his meds could lead to a broken hip and sun down syndrome. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

JD and Saleh have lost the one shield they had from the bullseye being pointed directly at them.  This offense is pathetic and goes way beyond one person.  It will be very interesting seeing Boyle/Siemian in there. 

This is true and it’s a positive. Saleh and Hackett don’t deserve that shield. Douglas can be judged clearly now. Let them have to sleep in this bed for the rest of the season. None of them will be fired because of Rodgers, but now they don’t have that “well, Zach Wilson…” asterisk. 

• Upvote 3

I was very confident this day was coming since Zach was being scouted before his draft and it brings me no pleasure to see this day arrive. Zach was worse than I expected and the offense I've watched for the last few years might be some of the most boring football I've ever seen. 

Good luck to Zach in his future endeavors but I never want to see him coming into a Jets huddle again. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Six games of Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian followed by two years of a geriatric flake coming off a catastrophic injury, and all of it coordinated by Nate Hackett? Future’s so bright I gotta wear shades 😎

Spin zone: Rodgers not playing this year was a net positive. The OL needs to be rebuilt and he avoided that punishment, Davante will be here next year, and Rodgers will have had a year off to rehab his whole body outside of just the achilles. It also puts the bullseye squarely on Saleh and Douglas going into next year, which Rodgers would have obscured by playing this season. 

• Upvote 2