We need to draft our QB of the future in round 1 2024 ...

If they are in position to snag a blue chip prospect, they absolutely need to do so.

They can't operate in "make Rodgers happy" mode.  They need to solve this issue for the long term.  Hope for 1 or 2 years from Rodgers while a prospect is actually developed properly on the bench for once.

• Upvote 4

The only QB I love in this class is Jayden Daniels but I'm not taking him top 3-5 where the Jets will be picking, they need to do whatever they can to get Harrison Jr.  He's the true generational talent in this draft and dumb teams will do dumb things and take these sh*tty top prospects at QB before Harrison Jr.  Get him, take a mid round prospect to develop and go sign a legitimate veteran back up QB to play behind Rodgers. 

It's that simple but this is the New York Jets so they'll **** it up like usual. 

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This franchise needs a nice long break from trying to draft a QB in Rd 1.  We can't just do this every 3 years in an endless death cycle, because it seems Woody Johnson is incapable of letting his front office do anything but make that guy the unquestioned day 1 starter through hell and high water.  We've seen this happen 3x over a 14-year period with 3 different GMs.  This is an ownership issue because it has to be.

Rodgers + Minshew + midround QB is my preferred plan.  After Rodgers is gone, add an additional veteran option to replace him.

Trade down this year for more picks to recoup the 2nd rounder we lost for Rodgers.  OR take Marvin Harrison Jr (if available).

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The only QB I love in this class is Jayden Daniels but I'm not taking him top 3-5 where the Jets will be picking, they need to do whatever they can to get Harrison Jr.  He's the true generational talent in this draft and dumb teams will do dumb things and take these sh*tty top prospects at QB before Harrison Jr.  Get him, take a mid round prospect to develop and go sign a legitimate veteran back up QB to play behind Rodgers. 

It's that simple but this is the New York Jets so they'll **** it up like usual. 

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

If they are in position to snag a blue chip prospect, they absolutely need to do so.

They can't operate in "make Rodgers happy" mode.  They need to solve this issue for the long term.  Hope for 1 or 2 years from Rodgers while a prospect is actually developed properly on the bench for once.

Well it would have been a lot easier to draft a qb this yr. if JD didn’t trade down last yr in the first last yr missing out on OTs. Or not selecting Jaxon smith.  

10 minutes ago, jbt said:

what pick does 4-13 get us?

No lower than pick 7 since there are 25 teams with 4+ wins at this point in the season. 

Only goes lower if you think teams like the Chargers (4-6), Commanders (4-7), Packers (4-6), Falcons (4-6) and Buccaneers (4-6) are capable of losing out as well as beating us in a tiebreaker situation.  I think all of those teams will win at least 1+ game the rest of the way so I'll rule them out for now.  Especially since some of the 4-win teams play each other down the stretch (Falcons/Jets; Falcons/Bucs and Bucs/Packers).

Our competition in that instance would be the Bears (3-8), the Bears (Panthers pick; 1-9), Cardinals (2-9), Patriots (2-8), Titans (3-7) and Giants (3-8).

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This franchise needs a nice long break from trying to draft a QB in Rd 1.  We can't just do this every 3 years in an endless death cycle, because it seems Woody Johnson is incapable of letting his front office do anything but make that guy the unquestioned day 1 starter through hell and high water.  We've seen this happen 3x over a 14-year period with 3 different GMs.  This is an ownership issue because it has to be.

Rodgers + Minshew + midround QB is my preferred plan.  After Rodgers is gone, add an additional veteran option to replace him.

Trade down this year for more picks to recoup the 2nd rounder we lost for Rodgers.  OR take Marvin Harrison Jr (if available).

I agree 100%

If, by some miracle, you can draft Harrison Jr, do it.  Otherwise trade down, there are sooooo many holes on the offense.

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No lower than pick 7 since there are 25 teams with 4+ wins at this point in the season. 

Only goes lower if you think teams like the Chargers (4-6), Commanders (4-7), Packers (4-6), Falcons (4-6) and Buccaneers (4-6) are capable of losing out as well as beating us in a tiebreaker situation.  I think all of those teams will win at least 1+ game the rest of the way so I'll rule them out for now.  Especially since some of the 4-win teams play each other down the stretch (Falcons/Jets; Falcons/Bucs and Bucs/Packers).

Our competition in that instance would be the Bears (3-8), the Bears (Panthers pick; 1-9), Cardinals (2-9), Patriots (2-8), Titans (3-7) and Giants (3-8).

I think this is fun to do but i would really be surprised if they take a qb in round 1.  I think it’s more likely they trade back in round 1 and draft one on day 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this is fun to do but i would really be surprised if they take a qb in round 1.  I think it’s more likely they trade back in round 1 and draft one on day 2

I don't want us to draft a QB Rd 1.  Tanking isn't just about which QB you can take.  It's about draft capital.  The higher you're picking, the more you can demand in a trade down. 

As you say, you think we trade back.  Much easier to get a massive package of picks when one of the top QBs is on the board, it goes without saying.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm all for Harrison Jr. but I think he goes Top 5 at the latest....prob top 3 

I start Boyle the rest of the way and shutdown this Rodgers return talk.......I don't think we'll be in a position to trade up for him we'll need a 1st rounder that's in range 

If the OT of our dreams or Harrison Jr. isn't staring us in the face when it's our time to select, I think we have a better chance trading down than taking a QB in the 1st.

I think we sign a good backup in the offseason and draft a guy in the middle of the draft to develop as a long-term backup + spot starter.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't want us to draft a QB Rd 1.  Tanking isn't just about which QB you can take.  It's about draft capital.  The higher you're picking, the more you can demand in a trade down. 

As you say, you think we trade back.  Much easier to get a massive package of picks when one of the top QBs is on the board, it goes without saying.

Because they don’t have a 2nd, i would not be at all surprised if they traded back in round 1, esp. if they wind up with a top 10 pick.  

Right now I’m predicting they take a wr in round 1, b/c garrett is getting smothered.  But I think a qb on day 2 is very reasonable

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

If the OT of our dreams or Harrison Jr. isn't staring us in the face when it's our time to select, I think we have a better chance trading down than taking a QB in the 1st.

I think we sign a good backup in the offseason and draft a guy in the middle of the draft to develop as a long-term backup + spot starter.

Take pratt in round 3 and develop him

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I'm all for Harrison Jr. but I think he goes Top 5 at the latest....prob top 3 

I start Boyle the rest of the way and shutdown this Rodgers return talk.......I don't think we'll be in a position to trade up for him we'll need a 1st rounder that's in range 

Carolina isnt going QB, trade up w/ them....Jets will be picking top 3 so it wont cost as much.

• Upvote 1

Ideally, I'd want us to trade down from our (likely) top 10 pick to the latter part of the first round.

With that late first rounder, you take an OT or WR - or even a QB if a guy you really love is there, to sit and learn behind Rodgers.

Then you use the additional pick(s) you got in the trade down to add more pieces on the O.

I am on board with picking a QB to develop within the first few rounds - but he needs to actually get the time to develop behind Rodgers and, hopefully, a capable veteran backup.

JD should have listened to me and drafted Tanner McKee in this past draft.  They could have taken him in round 4 or 5.  The only reason McKee is not starting is because he's on the same team with Jaylen Hurts.

Right now, I'm not impressed with any of the top QB prospects for 2024.  I'd skip the QB in round 1 in 2024.  I'd go O-Line for sure.  There will be a number of OT's available.  I'd also go o-line again in the same draft if they don't add quality in FA.  There is NO excuse not to double up on O-LIne in the 2024 draft. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Carolina doesn’t have their pick. The Bears will take a QB and MHJ.

Oh yeah, that's right.  For sure.  So even better...the Jets might not have to move that much at all for Harrison Jr.

If they were smart, they'd trade for Fields but I digress...

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Take pratt in round 3 and develop him

Yes but...here's the thing. This coaching staff isn't developing any QBs. It's not in their skill set, so why even waste a pick on one honestly?

This is a 2 year window to hopefully squeeze a championship out with Aaron Rodgers. The entire coaching staff is here to support Rodgers (Hackett let's Rodgers pick plays and design system + Saleh take care of D + everyone else get out of the way).

I have 0 faith that they can do anything more than that. I just hope if we draft someone at QB anywhere, they are good enough to stay afloat with the bad coaching and can be a contributor after this regime is long gone in a few years.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes but...here's the thing. This coaching staff isn't developing any QBs. It's not in their skill set, so why even waste a pick on one honestly?

This is a 2 year window to hopefully squeeze a championship out with Aaron Rodgers. The entire coaching staff is here to support Rodgers (Hackett let's Rodgers pick plays and design system + Saleh take care of D + everyone else get out of the way).

I have 0 faith that they can do anything more than that. I just hope if we draft someone at QB anywhere, they are good enough to stay afloat with the bad coaching and can be a contributor after this regime is long gone in a few years.

But they’re going to need at least one more qb to win anything and part of that equation is having other qbs who can win games when rodgers is injured - and he is going to miss games next season.  If the jets are content to bet saleh and douglas’ careers on Gardner minschew then by all means…

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But they’re going to need at least one more qb to win anything and part of that equation is having other qbs who can win games when rodgers is injured - and he is going to miss games next season.  If the jets are content to bet saleh and douglas’ careers on Gardner minschew then by all means…

I bet you they are + will be and don't definitely think if they sign Devante Adams and Jonah Williams then the O is fixed enough. Again, not saying I agree but they went all in with Rodgers and there's little wiggle room now.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I bet you they are + will be and don't definitely think if they sign Devante Adams and Jonah Williams then the O is fixed enough. Again, not saying I agree but they went all in with Rodgers and there's little wiggle room now.

After the qb disaster this year, i don’t know how they could actually think that minschew fixes anything.  By contrast, watching guys like dobbs succeed should signal that they need multiple qbs who can step in and perform.  That’s really how jobs are going to be saved, not by taking a TE or RB who saleh isn’t going to play

• Upvote 1