Why the offense will magically look awesome next year

Wit

1. Davante Adams

2. OL in first round

3. Sign a left tackle

4. Aaron Rodgers runs the offense

a) Lazard will magically look better, why? Because if you suck you dont get the ball. He will hold that room accountabel in the locker room and in the media. Hackett wont matter anyways, the guy won two MVP's with him there, not because Hackett is great, but because Aaron is. The season was over 4 snaps in because this offense would have only worked with one guy. 

I dont think Saleh is a great head coach, but I do thing JD has the right idea of team building, he just whiffed on the QB and because he gives his high draft guys too many chances, he shot this team in the foot. Its a fire able offense, but the chances of getting a competent guy in behind him are low. Saleh IS a great defensive coordinator, and is great at developing no name guys in his defensive scheme and pipline. Some guys work out and others flame out. That helps keep the overall payroll down on the defensive side so they can spend on the offensive side. You pay a QW and eventually a Sauce, and pick and choose the rest. I would stick with JD and find another HC. If the Rodgers experiment works, and they pick a QB to sit and learn behind Aaron (not Zach anymore) maybe the future can still be bright. The only thing that really matters in this league is a HOF QB and an excellent O line to protect said guy.

Demico Ryans is not a genius, he's just like Saleh, but he lucked into the panthers owner being an idiot and got CJ Stroud. Now they will win. Eventually he will be fired when the offensive HC with great O lines and QB's keep beating them and they will take the next step. Rinse and Repeat. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Wit said:

1. Davante Adams

2. OL in first round

3. Sign a left tackle

4. Aaron Rodgers runs the offense

a) Lazard will magically look better, why? Because if you suck you dont get the ball. He will hold that room accountabel in the locker room and in the media. Hackett wont matter anyways, the guy won two MVP's with him there, not because Hackett is great, but because Aaron is. The season was over 4 snaps in because this offense would have only worked with one guy. 

I dont think Saleh is a great head coach, but I do thing JD has the right idea of team building, he just whiffed on the QB and because he gives his high draft guys too many chances, he shot this team in the foot. Its a fire able offense, but the chances of getting a competent guy in behind him are low. Saleh IS a great defensive coordinator, and is great at developing no name guys in his defensive scheme and pipline. Some guys work out and others flame out. That helps keep the overall payroll down on the defensive side so they can spend on the offensive side. You pay a QW and eventually a Sauce, and pick and choose the rest. I would stick with JD and find another HC. If the Rodgers experiment works, and they pick a QB to sit and learn behind Aaron (not Zach anymore) maybe the future can still be bright. The only thing that really matters in this league is a HOF QB and an excellent O line to protect said guy.

Demico Ryans is not a genius, he's just like Saleh, but he lucked into the panthers owner being an idiot and got CJ Stroud. Now they will win. Eventually he will be fired when the offensive HC with great O lines and QB's keep beating them and they will take the next step. Rinse and Repeat. 

I thought this would have a pretty short post because all that needs to happen in my mind is Zac Wilson not running the offense.

I fully expect the offense to look better than competent next year...even dare I say...good.

Most teams with an elite QB take a big step back after losing their QB, but the garbage we've been watching, there is no excuse for.

The problem is we have an OC who is not a play caller (wasn't in Green Bay as OC) and isn't meant to be with #8. Without Rodgers there basically is no offense. Is that the best way to run a team? Hell no...but we went all in with #8 and this is what comes with that risk.

Yes.....which is why I think they need to completely shut down the AR comeback talk....start Boyle the rest of the year and let the chips fall where they may....

They can take the higher pick and trade down to recoup the 2nd they lost and fill in the OL and other problem spots.....

Makes no sense to even continue this delusional ARod savior talk as if he's gonna play well less than 100% behind this OL.......time to give up the dream and look towards 2024....

I really don't see how we're going to get Adams on this team. Obviously the FO is pushing their propaganda out via the report this weekend and on the trade deadline to likely show the fans/woody that they're going to fix this god awful offense - but looking at it realistically: 

Adams will cost draft capital - I don't think it'll take a first - but it'll be pretty close. We don't have a second this upcoming year so we may be looking at a 1 in 2025 - which will be brutal b/c that should probably be a future QB pick. 

Adams cap hit next year is $25mm - following year is $44m with a $15mm dead cap hit. 

Jets have ~$30mm in cap space in 2024. They should sign Huff which will take up at least $10mm assuming they push money back. They also have a draft class that will take $7-$10mm. They can cut/trade/restructure Mosley and Tomlinson - but each have a $10mm+ dead cap hit. 

Their current OL going into next year is Max Mitchell, AVT, Tippman, Carter Warren, and Wes Schweitzer. You probably feel good about two of those guys slotting in as starter. So you basically need three new OL - maybe you get away with two if Carter Warren can play well enough over the home stretch. 

Just seems impossible without a massive restructure or the raiders deciding they're willing to part with Adams for less for tanking purposes (which I don't see). 

12 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I really don't see how we're going to get Adams on this team. Obviously the FO is pushing their propaganda out via the report this weekend and on the trade deadline to likely show the fans/woody that they're going to fix this god awful offense - but looking at it realistically: 

Adams will cost draft capital - I don't think it'll take a first - but it'll be pretty close. We don't have a second this upcoming year so we may be looking at a 1 in 2025 - which will be brutal b/c that should probably be a future QB pick. 

Adams cap hit next year is $25mm - following year is $44m with a $15mm dead cap hit. 

Jets have ~$30mm in cap space in 2024. They should sign Huff which will take up at least $10mm assuming they push money back. They also have a draft class that will take $7-$10mm. They can cut/trade/restructure Mosley and Tomlinson - but each have a $10mm+ dead cap hit. 

Their current OL going into next year is Max Mitchell, AVT, Tippman, Carter Warren, and Wes Schweitzer. You probably feel good about two of those guys slotting in as starter. So you basically need three new OL - maybe you get away with two if Carter Warren can play well enough over the home stretch. 

Just seems impossible without a massive restructure or the raiders deciding they're willing to part with Adams for less for tanking purposes (which I don't see). 

thats fair, they still need a true number two next to GW so the dude isn't doubled every play. 

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

jets need to draft a qb in the first.

But that probably only happens if jd and saleh get fired

dont care wheather ARod stays or goes tbh

Rodgers nearly lost his mind when the Packers used a pick on Jordan Love when Aaron thought they were "all in" and just a player away from a Super Bowl.  He will similarly lose it if the Jets pass on an OT or WR to pick a QB with the 11th 9th 7th 4th pick in the '24 Draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Rodgers nearly lost his mind when the Packers used a pick on Jordan Love when Aaron thought they were "all in" and just a player away from a Super Bowl.  He will similarly lose it if the Jets pass on an OT or WR to pick a QB with the 11th pick in '24.

At this point who cares he’s gonna be here for a year and then what? We brought all of his friends in and they all suck 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

At this point who cares he’s gonna be here for a year and then what? We brought all of his friends in and they all suck 

It's amazing how epically bad Hackett, Lazard and Cobb look without AR.  In fact, everyone looks epically bad in this offense.  Look at the stats for Breece Hall over the past 4 games.  How does Garrett Wilson actually look worse with the same QB than he did last year when he should, at a minimum, be incrementally better just from being a second year player with experience? 

• Upvote 1

Although I wasn’t on board proclaiming Super Bowl this year. I was admittedly optimistic. No more! No way! No how! I could care less who they draft or sign. I’m OAF- 52- and have watched over forty years of mostly terrible football. I need to see it on the field before I believe. Regardless of who the sign or draft the Jets will suck ass until they prove it!

• Post of the Week 1

Fans who are holding onto this Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams pipedream need to have a bucket of cold water thrown into their faces.

At this point in their careers and in terms of football years, these are two old men you're talking about, especially Rodgers. He's going to be 41 next season, trying to come back from one of the most serious injuries an athlete can sustain. If by some miracle he doesn't get injured, it's doubtful he's anywhere near the QB that everyone thinks of when they speak the name, "Aaron Rodgers,"

Adams may have a few good years left, but he's past his prime.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Fans who are holding onto this Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams pipedream need to have a bucket of cold water thrown into their faces.

At this point in their careers and in terms of football years, these are two old men you're talking about, especially Rodgers. He's going to be 41 next season, trying to come back from one of the most serious injuries an athlete can sustain. If by some miracle he doesn't get injured, it's doubtful he's anywhere near the QB that everyone thinks of when they speak the name, "Aaron Rodgers,"

Adams may have a few good years left, but he's past his prime.

You're totally forgetting about David Bakhtiari, with his latest injury, he's old enough and injured enough that JD will view him as a savior for the offensive line. I assume you'll be walking back everything you said now and predicting Superbowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're totally forgetting about David Bakhtiari, with his latest injury, he's old enough and injured enough that JD will view him as a savior for the offensive line. I assume you'll be walking back everything you said now and predicting Superbowl. 

We can trade this years #1 and #3 for Davante and the following year's #1 for Bakhtiari.

This is sarcasm, btw.

• Upvote 1

We need a lot to happen. Rodgers healthy and hungry to show he's still elite.

Need another WR for sure. Lazard has been trash and even GW hasn't looked that good recently. Gipson scares no one. A trade for Adams or signing Evans needs to happen.

OL IMO needs to be our pick in Round 1. Get an OT

Need to get a couple OGs. For me I want AVT at T and go get 2 Gs. Obviously if we can get a good OT in FA... kick AVT inside. But if we cant it's easier to draft a G in mid rounds.

Play Izzy and Ruckert down the stretch. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We need a lot to happen. Rodgers healthy and hungry to show he's still elite.

Need another WR for sure. Lazard has been trash and even GW hasn't looked that good recently. Gipson scares no one. A trade for Adams or signing Evans needs to happen.

OL IMO needs to be our pick in Round 1. Get an OT

Need to get a couple OGs. For me I want AVT at T and go get 2 Gs. Obviously if we can get a good OT in FA... kick AVT inside. But if we cant it's easier to draft a G in mid rounds.

Play Izzy and Ruckert down the stretch. 

Gipson scares noone?  I'm terrified every time he touches the ball.