Jump to content

Any updates or rumors about Becton injury


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Cimini did say during the game the he was told it was a high ankle sprain.  I'm sure we'll know soon enough but I'd imagine he misses some time.

I love Becton but I don't see how they can sign him. So I would like to get more film on Carter Warren. Would be nice if Duane Brown came back so we can keep the QB upright.

But AVT and Tippmann are the only guarantees next year in my mind. I don't think Max Mitchell is it and Laken is Laken.

Laken has no guaranteed money next year and this isn't the production they thought they were getting. He is durable though. But keeping Rodgers healthy next year has to be mission 1 through 10.

image.png

image.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I love Becton but I don't see how they can sign him. So I would like to get more film on Carter Warren. Would be nice if Duane Brown came back so we can keep the QB upright.

But AVT and Tippmann are the only guarantees next year in my mind. I don't think Max Mitchell is it and Laken is Laken.

Laken has no guaranteed money next year and this isn't the production they thought they were getting. He is durable though. But keeping Rodgers healthy next year has to be mission 1 through 10.

image.png

image.png

Duane Brown is terrible. I don't think you really wanna see him playing 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I love Becton but I don't see how they can sign him. So I would like to get more film on Carter Warren. Would be nice if Duane Brown came back so we can keep the QB upright.

But AVT and Tippmann are the only guarantees next year in my mind. I don't think Max Mitchell is it and Laken is Laken.

Laken has no guaranteed money next year and this isn't the production they thought they were getting. He is durable though. But keeping Rodgers healthy next year has to be mission 1 through 10.

image.png

image.png

The knee was one thing but you are ready to release someone over a sprained ankle? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly the last snap he plays for us and that both sides will want to move on.

I think the most prudent thing is to let him walk and sign someone like Tyron Smith or Donovan Smith (can probably be had for 10-12 million range which is a lot less than what the franchise tag will be) on a 1-2 year deal and draft his successor in the 1st round.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Possibly the last snap he plays for us and that both sides will want to move on.

I think the most prudent thing is to let him walk and sign someone like Tyron Smith or Donovan Smith (can probably be had for 10-12 million range which is a lot less than what the franchise tag will be) on a 1-2 year deal and draft his successor in the 1st round.

 

And what are we doing about QB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

And what are we doing about QB?

I was just talking about what we should do about Becton and moving on from him.

But #8 is coming back next year, and we should sign one of: Winston, Brissett, Minshew, Darnold as our backup.

Depending on how Boyle does the rest of the year, he can solidify his spot on the roster and a long-term #2, or he will more than likely be terrible, and we draft someone in the later rounds as our #3 and hopefully eventual #2 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I was just talking about what we should do about Becton and moving on from him.

But #8 is coming back next year, and we should sign one of: Winston, Brissett, Minshew, Darnold as our backup.

Depending on how Boyle does the rest of the year, he can solidify his spot on the roster and a long-term #2, or he will more than likely be terrible, and we draft someone in the later rounds as our #3 and hopefully eventual #2 

Assuming #8 brings at least some success next year, they need to draft a QB in '24.  They will be drafting too late in '25 to get anyone good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of the 32 teams, at least 30 have issues with their OLines. Fans of every team want their GMs to upgrade their lines.

I think this is the result of the NFL emphasizing the passing game. Giving Passing Offense the edge. In response, teams have boned up on their pass rushers big time. If you can't shut them down in the backfield, shut them down b4 the ball is even thrown. Saleh brought that message here, as did many other HCs. 

Used 2b if you had a good LT and a road grater at RT, you were all set. Now? OLines need LT talent at all 5 spots to even compete and keep their QB upright. Dlines bring just as much pressure from the interior as they do from the edges. Now a third of starting QBs have been knocked out, with a bunch of backups knocked out too.

I kinda feel sorry for JoeD. He's definitely put a ton of resources into our Oline, from top draft picks to midland draft picks to top FAs. Tons of bad luck, from Becton to Vera-Tucker to Max getting loaded up with Vaxx blood clots. 

Sam's last 2 seasons here with Gase, we had like 22 different OLines. Nothing worked. And here we are again, 2 seasons with Zach, and nothing worked. I believe Rex Ryan had the same 5 upfront for like 32 straight games, 2 seasons. D'Brick playing for 10 seasons missing just one snap for a trick play. Mangold manning the center spot for a decade of high caliber action.

Those days seem like they'll never return.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...