Greg Doyle IndyStar - Rodgers is lying about his Achilles.

IndianaJet

As with any injury, there are varying degrees of severity.  I would imagine that Rodgers had a partial tear which combined with the strap used in the surgery would present a shorter healing time.  Who knows the extent of these other athletes injuries.  Regardless, Rodgers will not take a snap until next season.   

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What a fascinating conspiracy theory we have, with the jets throwing wilson to the wolves this season while retaining their first round pick.  Almost like a ‘trading places’ bet where woody says to jd, i think wilson will get the jets to the playoffs and then jd says ok, let’s bet - Aaron, you have your money, chill out this year and we’ll get you a franchise LT in the 2024 draft.  

I get the feeling the guy is not questioning that AR8 is injured.  He's just questioning the nature of the injury.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

As with any injury, there are varying degrees of severity.  I would imagine that Rodgers had a partial tear which combined with the strap used in the surgery would present a shorter healing time.  Who knows the extent of these other athletes injuries.  Regardless, Rodgers will not take a snap until next season.   

An MRI confirmed a complete tear - but if it was a partial tear that is a 9-10 week recovery from what I've read.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he's more questioning the diagnosis.  

I guess the conspiracy theory could be that rodgers and the jets told everyone the Achilles was ruptured while it was a more benign injury.  Yet the jets held him out, keep the pick, expose wilson for the fraud he is so woody could finally see it for himself.  The jets keep the first rounder, rodgers makes his money hanging out and getting healthy and woody agrees to jettison wilson and draft another guy to learn from rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What a fascinating conspiracy theory we have, with the jets throwing wilson to the wolves this season while retaining their first round pick.  Almost like a ‘trading places’ bet where woody says to jd, i think wilson will get the jets to the playoffs and then jd says ok, let’s bet - Aaron, you have your money, chill out this year and we’ll get you a franchise LT in the 2024 draft.  

Holy hell, that would be excellent. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I guess the conspiracy theory could be that rodgers and the jets told everyone the Achilles was ruptured while it was a more benign injury.  Yet the jets held him out, keep the pick, expose wilson for the fraud he is so woody could finally see it for himself.  The jets keep the first rounder, rodgers makes his money hanging out and getting healthy and woody agrees to jettison wilson and draft another guy to learn from rodgers. 

How many games did Rodgers need to play for it to be a 1? 

As far as Rodgers and possibly playing goes, if you look at the suggested therapy schedule for regular joes with this type of surgery, they are suggested to be starting their final part of therapy around 16 weeks post-op.

That would be about Mid December for Rodgers.  Being a world class athlete with world class resources at his disposal, I don’t think being 3-4 weeks ahead of that timeline is all that far fetched.  If that were the case, he should be entering the final stages of his rehab within the next couple of weeks.

• Upvote 2