Name A Team That Is 1-4...go!

BigJermaineFromQnz

The last time the Yankees started 1-4 was 1998. They were 113-44 over the remainder of the regular season, finishing 114-48 and going on to beat the San Diego Padres in the World Series. In all, the Yanks won 125 games that year.

The last time the Yankees started 1-4 was 1998. They were 113-44 over the remainder of the regular season, finishing 114-48 and going on to beat the San Diego Padres in the World Series. In all, the Yanks won 125 games that year.

Good point, except that was the last time the Yankees were a "team". Now, they're just a bunch of post-roids losers with no pitching staff and a terrible "there's no 'I' in team, but there IS 'me'" attitude.

You gotta all love the Mets fans talking about over-paid "losers" and how the Yankees buy their talent.

Well aside from Wright and Reyes, who are you to talk?

Pedro Martinez

Tom Glavine

Billy Wagner

Carlos Delgado

Carlos Beltran

Cliff Floyd

Need I go on?

Yankees have brought up guys like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Bernie, etc. Who the hell have the Mets brought up that arn't sitting on the bench aside from Reyes, Wright and for now Nady and Hernandez.

You gotta all love the Mets fans talking about over-paid "losers" and how the Yankees buy their talent.

Pedro Martinez

Tom Glavine

Billy Wagner

Carlos Delgado

Carlos Beltran

Cliff Floyd

Need I go on?

Yankees have brought up guys like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Bernie, etc. Who the hell have the Mets brought up that arn't sitting on the bench aside from Reyes, Wright and for now Nady and Hernandez.

yeah except for one thing though... THE YANKEES PAYROLL IS TWICE THAT OF THE METS.

And Delgado is playing great, Beltran has started playing great, Cliff floyd is always solid, and pedro and glavine have given great effort for the mets so far.

and our MVP came up in our farm system. we have the youngest and most talented infield, and 3 of them are from the farm.

we are 4-1, the yankees are 2-4, with twice the payroll ok?

Even yankees fans call up WFAN all the time and admit that it's MUCH MORE FUN watching the mets than the yankees, and that we have a lot more chemistry and "team spirit". Why? The Mets are a team as opposed to a conglomeration of 9 different corporations.

Pedro Martinez

Tom Glavine

Billy Wagner

Carlos Delgado

Carlos Beltran

Cliff Floyd

Need I go on?

Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Bernie Williams were prospects over a decade ago. Wright and Reyes are 2 more home-grown players than the Yankees have produced this century.

Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Bernie Williams were prospects over a decade ago. Wright and Reyes are 2 more home-grown players than the Yankees have produced this century.

Cano and Chein Mein-Wang are still starting

and watch out for Phillip Hughes in 2007

Not really though, but I appreciate the effort.

Obviously you rarely attend, if ever, Minor League games. There are plenty of teams withing an hour of NY City. I get to Staten Island and Trenton to see the Yankees Minor League affiliates several times a season. Great seats, very reasonable, and real hustle all the time. Also, since there are almost no TV commercials, the games mnove right along. And short lines at the food stands, as well as clean bathrooms.

You can learn a lot about who is in your system from these games. It is a better brand of Baseball, IMO. I have seen several players in rookie league (Staten Island) and then seen them again 2-3 years later in AA (Trenton).

Obviously you rarely attend, if ever, Minor League games. There are plenty of teams withing an hour of NY City. I get to Staten Island and Trenton to see the Yankees Minor League affiliates several times a season. Great seats, very reasonable, and real hustle all the time. Also, since there are almost no TV commercials, the games mnove right along. And short lines at the food stands, as well as clean bathrooms.

You can learn a lot about who is in your system from these games. It is a better brand of Baseball, IMO. I have seen several players in rookie league (Staten Island) and then seen them again 2-3 years later in AA (Trenton).

Minor league teams are fun to watch I completely agree, I went to two Cyclone games in my life, however to argue that they are more fun to watch then a Mets game, especially the way the Mets are playing right now, is a joke.

I loved going to the New Jersery Cardinals (Class A team for St.Louis) from 95-05. They were awesome. I met Matt Morris and Adam Kennedy along the way and saw a lot of young Yankees pitch down there for Staten Island. I saw Rocco Baldelli play and sat in the front row after he hit a solo HR when he was w/ the Renegades (Tampa Bay's) and watched him walk into the dugout. My uncle drove the bus for them in the summer when he wasn't on his firefighter duties and I got to go on some road trips with them during the summer. They are really cool guys.

Now the team moved to State College, PA in the offseason they replaced them with a team in the NJ Jackals league (Sussex Skyhawks the new team is) and although it's not future MLBers it will still be fun to go to the games for 6 dollars for a seat and have a good time watching some competitve nothing to do better on a summer night fun.

Even me, the ultimate reactionary, knows better than to panic after one week of baseball :rolleyes:

Now if the Yankees are still hovering at .500 in a few weeks I might have to use my first mulligan ;)

Ham, there's a common misconception that being "passionate" allows you to disown your team, disappear, then come back when the team improves. It just doesn't work that way.

Ham, there's a common misconception that being "passionate" allows you to disown your team, disappear, then come back when the team improves. It just doesn't work that way.

You don't know what I do after I blow off steam ... I still watch every game and root root root for the Yankees ... Just because I don't come around here every day to take abuse doesn't mean I'm not bleeding pinstripes nightly

You don't know what I do after I blow off steam ... I still watch every game and root root root for the Yankees ... Just because I don't come around here every day to take abuse doesn't mean I'm not bleeding pinstripes nightly

Showing up is 95 % of life Ham. If you're not here, we can only assume you're fairweather.

I'd rather take the abuse and show up than avoid it and look like a walking vagina.

I'm a Mets fan. I'm used to the abuse.

Showing up is 95 % of life Ham. If you're not here, we can only assume you're fairweather.

I'd rather take the abuse and show up than avoid it and look like a walking vagina.

I'm a Mets fan. I'm used to the abuse.

Well that's an assumption, and assumptions are useless

As for appearing on this board after wins and losses, I'm here enough to be considered a regular during the baseball season ... I'm sure most objective posters will atest ... but if not being here every day makes me a fairweather fan, well, that just strikes me as foolish

Disgustingly overpaid, non-clutch losers.

who'd a thunk it.

.122 with RISP

Strong words from a Mutts fan who's team hasnt sniffed a title in 20 years, and got handled by the Yankees in 5 easy games in the 2000 world series and watched us celebrate on that dump shea and baptize that smelly joint.

Well that's an assumption, and assumptions are useless

As for appearing on this board after wins and losses, I'm here enough to be considered a regular during the baseball season ... I'm sure most objective posters will atest ... but if not being here every day makes me a fairweather fan, well, that just strikes me as foolish

No, it's NOT being here when things go sour, Ham! Don't you see that the poster that gets ripped on the most among all Yankee fans, is the one that shows up when times are good to rip on other fans, then disappears when he has nothing to back up what he says?

Let me put it another way....do you WANT to be like JonEJet?

No, it's NOT being here when things go sour, Ham! Don't you see that the poster that gets ripped on the most among all Yankee fans, is the one that shows up when times are good to rip on other fans, then disappears when he has nothing to back up what he says?

Let me put it another way....do you WANT to be like JonEJet?

Dude, I've been on this board on the very nite the Yankees lost in the post season ... very nite they lost in the ACLS to the Red Sox ... around one minute after the final pitch was tossed, while most others were still hiding in their rat holes ... so I don't need to be told about showing up during the bad times, I show up during the worst of times

You could have counted the Yankee fans who showed up that nite on one hand, and you wouldn't need all five fingers

Dude, I've been on this board in the very nite the Yankees lost in the post season ... very nite they lost in the ACLS to the Red Sox ... around one minute after the final pitch was tossed, while most other were still hiding in their rat holes ... so I don't need to be told about showing up during the bad time, I show up during the worst of times

You could have counted the Yankee fans who showed up that nite on one hand, and you wouldn't need all five fingers

You're absolutely right. But don't use your passion as an excuse the next time the Yankees go on a losing streak and you're nowhere to be found. And don't be surprised if you're grouped with JonEJet, since he ALWAYS does that.

Archived