Jump to content

Tim Boyle and His Effect on The Owner, The GM and The Coaching Staff


Smashmouth

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Think ownership is likely pretty safe Smash. By design even of you will. 

They are safe obviously from a firing standpoint but they are not safe from being called a clown show and some other choice words I can think of off the top of my head . If its one thing owners hate its negative publicity. So they will feel this hammer coming down just as much IMO.

I have a hard time thinking how can anyone watch this debacle of 10 full games of Zach Wilson and not be sick to their stomach.

  • Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Think ownership is likely pretty safe Smash. By design even of you will. 

BTW Crush I never implied the owners would not be safe not sure where ya got that from but I do think it will have an effect on them. These billionaires are extremely competitive with one another is the sports arenas and Im sure they lay it on each other pretty thick. That has to effect Woody when he walks into an owners meeting probably getting laughed at. heh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This is not, nor do I intend for it to be a Tim Boyle sucks thread so please refrain from that and derailing the topic.

My question is IF and its a big IF Tim Boyle goes out and plays well or even well enough to score TD's and win games 

How does that look for the owner, GM and/or coaching staff that stuck with Wilson for a 3rd year with the same exact results of the first 2 years for

the inexcusable 10 games ? If Boyle does well enough to win We just flushed another season so who bears the most responsibility ?

Anyone could make the argument Wilson should have never even seen the field this year due to the So called red shirt years 

Rodgers was going to be here. You could also make the argument Wilson should have been pulled during the New England game

a Game that should never have been lost to a team that now sucks yet is going on an insane number of consecutive victories against us.

This is a hard question to answer not knowing 100% what's going on inside the organization but I have a hard time believing Saleh was not being 

Forced to play Zach, I think he was and I think it was obvious from Saleh's pressers. His body language alone seemed obvious something 

was very wrong.

I think it helps reinforce Saleh as a good coach who was hamstrung by the GM and/or OWNER. Mike White looked good when he played, and while not the savior some think he was, it highlights how poorly Zach Wilson has played.

If Boyle or Siemian do well and we start winning games, honestly give Saleh an extension.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think it helps reinforce Saleh as a good coach who was hamstrung by the GM and/or OWNER. Mike White looked good when he played, and while not the savior some think he was, it highlights how poorly Zach Wilson has played.

If Boyle or Siemian do well and we start winning games, honestly give Saleh an extension.

I’m curious to evaluate the OL and running game with a new qb.  And please use izzy now

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m curious to evaluate the OL and running game with a new qb.  And please use izzy now

Yeah its so true, if one component to a unit in football is off it affects everything else. It truly is the ultimate team sport.

I do think that our OL coaching has been a huge culprit. We've been unlucky with injuries, but a good OL coaching team can keep it serviceable. Once our starters go down we are like a high school team going against pros....and it's been that way since Bowles/Mac

I think honestly we need to revamp the OL coaching running game coordinators again. This is just not cutting it. Poach someone from Philly, Baltimore, SF....someone who consistently can protect the QB and run the ball regardless of injuries.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah its so true, if one component to a unit in football is off it affects everything else. It truly is the ultimate team sport.

I do think that our OL coaching has been a huge culprit. We've been unlucky with injuries, but a good OL coaching team can keep it serviceable. Once our starters go down we are like a high school team going against pros....and it's been that way since Bowles/Mac

I think honestly we need to revamp the OL coaching running game coordinators again. This is just not cutting it. Poach someone from Philly, Baltimore, SF....someone who consistently can protect the QB and run the ball regardless of injuries.

I’m really not sure how much the coaching vs injuries has impacted the unit.  They never start the same guys in the same spots 2 weeks in a row.  They’re calling up guys from the ps to play critical roles vs the eagles.  The experiment now is, can any other qb make the unit look better?  

As of now I’d have to predict they go LT in round 1.  It just fixes too many issues and allows them to either tag becton or move on from him and address RT instead of LT and RT.  There’s some nice wrs sitting there in the middle of round 1 that maybe the jets would consider if they addressed tackle in FA

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I’m really not sure how much the coaching vs injuries has impacted the unit.  They never start the same guys in the same spots 2 weeks in a row.  They’re calling up guys from the ps to play critical roles vs the eagles.  The experiment now is, can any other qb make the unit look better?  

As of now I’d have to predict they go LT in round 1.  It just fixes too many issues and allows them to either tag becton or move on from him and address RT instead of LT and RT.  There’s some nice wrs sitting there in the middle of round 1 that maybe the jets would consider if they addressed tackle in FA

I think ultimately they tag Becton (around $23 in cost) Rodgers likes him (apparently) and it's a "safe" move for 1 year and then he walks in 2025 + they sign a vet at RT + draft LT in the 1st to succeed Becton in '25 and look to draft a RG somewhere in the middle rounds (we're stuck with Lake again but at least hes durable).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I think ultimately they tag Becton (around $23 in cost) Rodgers likes him (apparently) and it's a "safe" move for 1 year and then he walks in 2025 + they sign a vet at RT + draft LT in the 1st to succeed Becton in '25 and look to draft a RG somewhere in the middle rounds (we're stuck with Lake again but at least hes durable).

I agree, i think they tag becton and take a LT in round 1 assuming they don’t make a big trade back, but even so they could still go tackle in round 1.  But yes, i think they draft a LT and then figure out the RT in FA and with what they have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

They are safe obviously from a firing standpoint but they are not safe from being called a clown show and some other choice words I can think of off the top of my head . If its one thing owners hate its negative publicity. So they will feel this hammer coming down just as much IMO.

I have a hard time thinking how can anyone watch this debacle of 10 full games of Zach Wilson and not be sick to their stomach.

I meant safe from Boyle doing anything other than continuing the downward spiral. We aren't winning another game this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tagging Becton is a tough nut to swallow, but maybe he would agree to a 2 year deal with 1.5x tag guaranteed (so each year is about 3/4 of the Tag), with an agreement not to Tag him after that.  That would keep Becton motivated and Rodgers protected, and then we all move on.  
  • Look at how long it took the NFL to get rid of Dan Snyder, and how much it cost.   Woody is only getting older.  I don’t know what else he would do with his money, and he cashes a check every year on this business.   I don’t see this being a family dynasty-I think ultimately Woody sells it. 
  • But Woody be Woody.  He will keep doing the same stuff, behind the scenes, subject to Confi Agreements.  There is a reason the Jets are who they are.  Woody gets attached to his first round draft picks, like they are his property.  All the QBs start day 1.  He does not let go of them easily.    He obviously wanted Wilson to work out and play to earn what he was being paid.  They messed up whatever they had with Wilson.
  • Wilson comes from a hard-working, striving, sober family.   He will be a Geno Smith one day, but for practical purposes, his time on the Jets has expired, even as a backup.  The Jets gambled on Wilson sitting on the bench like Jordan Love did, and they lost.  
  • No matter how nice and normal they may act, QBs like Rodgers and Brady are narcissists.   Rodgers is not quitting unless he absolutely has to-his body has to be completely broke, like Peyton’s was.   Brady would still be playing but for his narcissist wife not wanting to support his over-extended career.  Brady retired to preserve a relationship with his kids after Giselle blew up the family and moved to Miami early, where she wanted to live.  If Giselle was willing to man the fort in Tampa, he would still be playing.  Hackett and Lazard will look better with Rodgers.  The other guys get switched out.   Bakhtiari will be here. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is not, nor do I intend for it to be a Tim Boyle sucks thread so please refrain from that and derailing the topic.

My question is IF and its a big IF Tim Boyle goes out and plays well or even well enough to score TD's and win games 

How does that look for the owner, GM and/or coaching staff that stuck with Wilson for a 3rd year with the same exact results of the first 2 years for

the inexcusable 10 games ? If Boyle does well enough to win We just flushed another season so who bears the most responsibility ?

Anyone could make the argument Wilson should have never even seen the field this year due to the So called red shirt years 

Rodgers was going to be here. You could also make the argument Wilson should have been pulled during the New England game

a Game that should never have been lost to a team that now sucks yet is going on an insane number of consecutive victories against us.

This is a hard question to answer not knowing 100% what's going on inside the organization but I have a hard time believing Saleh was not being 

Forced to play Zach, I think he was and I think it was obvious from Saleh's pressers. His body language alone seemed obvious something 

was very wrong.

I don't think is such a big "if" as you think. Zach Wilson made everything look difficult, even the simple things appear unsurmountable for him, and because we have been forced to watch him for 3 years, some fans have started to believe that everything is wrong with the offense. I am not a gambler, but if I were, I would put some resources in the fact that not before long this offense will be elevated to the plateau of competent. You know why? Becuase we have seen it happened before. 

And to answer your question, this will be first on Saleh. He can't get away from this with one of his silly empty phrases. And then it falls on Douglas. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

BTW Crush I never implied the owners would not be safe not sure where ya got that from but I do think it will have an effect on them. These billionaires are extremely competitive with one another is the sports arenas and Im sure they lay it on each other pretty thick. That has to effect Woody when he walks into an owners meeting probably getting laughed at. heh

Laugh at this guy?  No way! 

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson buys diamond chain with name on it and  reveals his inspiration behind the necklace | Daily Mail Online

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is not, nor do I intend for it to be a Tim Boyle sucks thread so please refrain from that and derailing the topic.

My question is IF and its a big IF Tim Boyle goes out and plays well or even well enough to score TD's and win games 

How does that look for the owner, GM and/or coaching staff that stuck with Wilson for a 3rd year with the same exact results of the first 2 years for

the inexcusable 10 games ? If Boyle does well enough to win We just flushed another season so who bears the most responsibility ?

Anyone could make the argument Wilson should have never even seen the field this year due to the So called red shirt years 

Rodgers was going to be here. You could also make the argument Wilson should have been pulled during the New England game

a Game that should never have been lost to a team that now sucks yet is going on an insane number of consecutive victories against us.

This is a hard question to answer not knowing 100% what's going on inside the organization but I have a hard time believing Saleh was not being 

Forced to play Zach, I think he was and I think it was obvious from Saleh's pressers. His body language alone seemed obvious something 

was very wrong.

I read that Woody was responsible for playing Zack this year... according to what i read the CS/FO were of the opinion that they wanted to move on form Wilson but were overridden by Woody because he believed in his arm talent.  I guess the fool never considered that being an NFL QBing is mostly between the ears where our boy ZW fails miserably.  

My hope is that Tim B will be comptent and able to move the O out of stagnation its in but that is a hard ask, IMHO with the condition of the OL.  I mean its like the 11th or 12th combination they are runnnig out.  Its sureal...

One more point JD made changes to medical staffing right after he came in and since then the OL injuries have been worse... is there a coorelation probably not but something is a miss... one year maybe but two... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woody, no doubt in my mind.  

This regime already benched Wilson.  They orchestrated Aaron Rodgers, and Woody kept Wilson around.  

My bet, Douglas would have traded Wilson but due to Woody wanting to keep him the spin was to let Wilson learn behind Rodgers (not that I disagree with that premise).

At the end of the day, the owner is the owner.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think it helps reinforce Saleh as a good coach who was hamstrung by the GM and/or OWNER. Mike White looked good when he played, and while not the savior some think he was, it highlights how poorly Zach Wilson has played.

If Boyle or Siemian do well and we start winning games, honestly give Saleh an extension.

There are a lot of people who benefit if Boyle plays well.  Both saleh and Hackett will improve their standing.  I suppose woody was the main driver of keeping Zach starting but now even he should see the light.  And if Boyle does play well then it will improve the defense attitude.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Huh???

If Boyle actually executes the playbook efficiently, that would shovel more dirt on Pinky and the Brain.

I think it would as well . It makes it that much worse that you didn't see the talent and stayed with baby face for 10 freaking games

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think ultimately they tag Becton (around $23 in cost) Rodgers likes him (apparently) and it's a "safe" move for 1 year and then he walks in 2025 + they sign a vet at RT + draft LT in the 1st to succeed Becton in '25 and look to draft a RG somewhere in the middle rounds (we're stuck with Lake again but at least hes durable).

 

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree, i think they tag becton and take a LT in round 1 assuming they don’t make a big trade back, but even so they could still go tackle in round 1.  But yes, i think they draft a LT and then figure out the RT in FA and with what they have. 

Nothing would shock me, but I think that it would be very unexpected to guarantee Becton some $21MM+ for the coming season. Aside from yet another injury, he’s not been tragically bad but not particularly good either, and really doubt he wants to be here either. 

Far more likely they sign Bakhtiari, after GB cuts him, for a lot less than that and draft a tackle, with Carter and Mitchell reserves who’ll surely see the field after Bakhtiari goes in IR, at which point they’ll also re-sign Brown out of retirement.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jets have repeatedly made idiotic decisions over the years; firing Tannenbaum while forcing Rex on the next GM, signing old and broken down big name running backs to big contracts numerous times, forcing coordinators on newly hired head coaches, and keeping drafted players well beyond the point where they've proven that they're a bust.

The front offices and coaching staffs have changed through all of that.The lone constant has been Woody Johnson. He's a meddling imbecile, an anchor that's been chained to the neck of this team for decades.

The Jets will never amount to anything until that motherf*cker is gone.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW Crush I never implied the owners would not be safe not sure where ya got that from but I do think it will have an effect on them. These billionaires are extremely competitive with one another is the sports arenas and Im sure they lay it on each other pretty thick. That has to effect Woody when he walks into an owners meeting probably getting laughed at. heh
I'm sure he's well used to being laughed at.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The QB position in general is just a complete mystery. Besides not being able to scout it at all in prospects by most people that get paid big bucks to do so from teams to analysts. We have guys like Boyle who’s record collegiate and professional is supposedly terrible, yet he was able to make a career for a few years now. How? Why? There’s has to be 100s of guys with better showings in college and/or pros. How come he stuck. What was it?

Before you guys tell me Aaron Rodgers. I know that why he’s here, but how did he stick originally with AR the first time with such sh*tty stats?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s exactly why it is Tim Boyle, not Trevor seimian, or anyone else they could have pulled off the street 2 weeks ago. 
 

This is why I want to see rodgers play two games at least. 1 to prove the idiots wrong who said “ there is nooo way..” 2. Assuming he does considerably better than Zach/ Boyle - To prove to woody/ JD “ hey dummies ! All you had to do was find a decent qb to bridge the gap, and we have a fired up team riding on Aaron rodgers heading into the playoffs.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh wasn't forced to play Zach.  Saleh is the HC.  Saleh entire mantra is about leadership.  If he strongly believed someone else should have been starting and lamely layed down for either Woody or JD he's entire schtick about leadership is dodo.  The last few games were way to important to blow the season for the entire team by being a good soldier.  Its says something about his charachter.

I'm not a fan of Saleh the HC but I don't believe he would lay down if he strongly believed he was being pushed to play a QB who gave his team the least chance to win.   Charachter required doing the right thing or resigning.   Saleh could get another job in College or the pros in a minute.  Maybe not an NFL HC but certainly as a DC and he would probably make substantially more money as a College HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I would 100% agree but if Saleh was forced to play Zach how could he be held accountable by those in the know ?

There is no forced.  Saleh doesn't have to be the Jets HC.  People resign from jobs when they are forced to do things they don't believe in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...