Why the Pats Win Super Bowls: Part Two, by Richard Seymour

TomShane

Uh, three attempts?

In the time before time there was rogue football league known as the American Footbal League. Two score and 2 years ago (?), a rag tag bunch from Boston faced the formidable San Diego Chargers for the Championship. Like a future Patriots team, the rag tag bunch did not last long and eventually sucumbed to the Chargers 51-10.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the time before time there was rogue football league known as the American Footbal League. Two score and 2 years ago (?), a rag tag bunch from Boston faced the formidable San Diego Chargers for the Championship. Like a future Patriots team, the rag tag bunch did not last long and eventually sucumbed to the Chargers 51-10.

Wow, you know I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I honestly didn't know that. Really the only thing I know from the AFL days are a few of the leading lights like Cappelletti and Parilli. Didn't realize we'd gone to the championship game.

richardseymour:

You do know that drob signed a 7 year deal not a 2 year deal, right? :shock:

He's 23 years old

all those elite DTs you mentioned

john henderson - 3 years older than Drob

marcus stroud - 3 years older than Drob

kevin williams - 2 years older than Drob (and not half as good against the run as dewayne is)

richard seymour - 2 years older than Drob

kris jenkins - 2 years older than Drob

Drob is a top 10 DT in the NFL, who hasn't even scratched the top of his ceiling yet! Stop talking down to the Jets front office and its fans like you know everything, and question nearly every move bradway makes, like you could have done better. The 2003 draft was weak, if the Jets would have stayed put they would not have gotten a great DT, william joseph, kennedy, those guys have completely sucked so far.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Only, I wouldn't be referring to RS, I'd be referring to you, EB. Jeter the best SS in baseball? That's debateable 5 years ago, but now, Jeter MIGHT crack the top five. Guys like Miguel Tejada, Michael Young, Edgar Renteria are all better than Jeter. Jeter winning the Gold Glove was a joke. He has no shot in hell of repeating that feat this year with Renteria in the AL.

LAY OFF THE CRACK TROLL

tejada, renteria and michael young?? gimme a break

(please, lets resume this discussion over at the baseball forum. I guarantee I will squash your petty attempt at trying to say those 3 SS are better than Jeter) :P

Archived