Jets 2024 - last post

JETS SB

40 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I am headed to extensive treatment next week and although I have said it before, I think it is best I take a long break from the forum. Life is stressful enough and @Maxman made some good points to me privately, why it might be best to just rid myself of the stress. I try to stay positive but I also have bad days. In the end, I probably won’t be around to see a 2024 season. So I was hoping for the best in 2023. Doesn’t appear that’s going to happen. 

So here is what I see for 2024 and beyond. Before I say that, I don’t have much hope for 2023 (not sure anyone does). We all know Tim Boyle is no savior. I do hope he does well, but his history shows he is worse than Zach Wilson. That’s not an easy task, in itself. 

I see 2024 with a new head coach for the Jets and it will be Jeff Ulbrich. I think he will get a lot of attention from other teams and in lieu of losing him altogether and appeasing the fanbase, Robert Saleh will be fired. Ulbrich will continue to call the defensive plays and Nathaniel Hackett will stay on as OC until Aaron Rodgers retires. Can’t see any way Aaron let’s Hackett get fired. 

I believe The Jets will have a top 10 pick and will take an OL. I see the Jets and JD taking one big shot at a Super Bowl in 2024 and trading a 2025 1st round pick for Davante Adams. Becton will not be resigned. Breece and Izzy will lead the RB room and Ruckert and Conklin will make up the TE positions. Huff will sign a big deal somewhere else, opening up more playing time for WMc and JJ on the ends. 

Finally Zach will not get another year and will be released, opening up a backup spot to the Jets 3rd or 4th round DP to learn under Rodgers with Tim Boyle headed back to Hartford to coach the UConn Huskies JV team. 

As for me, I will spend my time with my family. Retired from the season tickets that I am not renewing, but watching and hoping to possibly see a Super Bowl, though it likely wont happen (for me, at least). I was 3 when the Jets won their Super Bowl. My dad was always a fan of the underdog. Thus I am a Jets, Mets, Nets, and Islanders fan and the reason I never gave up on the much maligned Zach Wilson. The more he was attacked, the more I wanted him to do good. Just who I am.  Dumb but loyal.  

Be well, my fellow Jets fans. 

Sb my aunts uncles parents and granparents generally live well into their 90s, so maybe I will too.

maybe not.

but if I di, i wont see a jets sb win ever either! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I'm not sure what you're battling, but mindset is a big part!! Mind>Body.....nature provides the best medicine!!! Please explore all avenues.....every problem has a solution..............most importantly, God is in control.....prayer is powerful..........May God Rid you of your ailment 🙏

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

I am headed to extensive treatment next week and although I have said it before, I think it is best I take a long break from the forum. Life is stressful enough and @Maxman made some good points to me privately, why it might be best to just rid myself of the stress. I try to stay positive but I also have bad days. In the end, I probably won’t be around to see a 2024 season. So I was hoping for the best in 2023. Doesn’t appear that’s going to happen..... 

......As for me, I will spend my time with my family. Retired from the season tickets that I am not renewing, but watching and hoping to possibly see a Super Bowl, though it likely wont happen (for me, at least). I was 3 when the Jets won their Super Bowl. My dad was always a fan of the underdog. Thus I am a Jets, Mets, Nets, and Islanders fan and the reason I never gave up on the much maligned Zach Wilson. The more he was attacked, the more I wanted him to do good. Just who I am.  Dumb but loyal.  

Godspeed and good luck Jets SB.  Hope we see you next season.  Keep fighting the good fight.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

I am headed to extensive treatment next week and although I have said it before, I think it is best I take a long break from the forum. Life is stressful enough and @Maxman made some good points to me privately, why it might be best to just rid myself of the stress. I try to stay positive but I also have bad days. In the end, I probably won’t be around to see a 2024 season. So I was hoping for the best in 2023. Doesn’t appear that’s going to happen. 

So here is what I see for 2024 and beyond. Before I say that, I don’t have much hope for 2023 (not sure anyone does). We all know Tim Boyle is no savior. I do hope he does well, but his history shows he is worse than Zach Wilson. That’s not an easy task, in itself. 

I see 2024 with a new head coach for the Jets and it will be Jeff Ulbrich. I think he will get a lot of attention from other teams and in lieu of losing him altogether and appeasing the fanbase, Robert Saleh will be fired. Ulbrich will continue to call the defensive plays and Nathaniel Hackett will stay on as OC until Aaron Rodgers retires. Can’t see any way Aaron let’s Hackett get fired. 

I believe The Jets will have a top 10 pick and will take an OL. I see the Jets and JD taking one big shot at a Super Bowl in 2024 and trading a 2025 1st round pick for Davante Adams. Becton will not be resigned. Breece and Izzy will lead the RB room and Ruckert and Conklin will make up the TE positions. Huff will sign a big deal somewhere else, opening up more playing time for WMc and JJ on the ends. 

Finally Zach will not get another year and will be released, opening up a backup spot to the Jets 3rd or 4th round DP to learn under Rodgers with Tim Boyle headed back to Hartford to coach the UConn Huskies JV team. 

As for me, I will spend my time with my family. Retired from the season tickets that I am not renewing, but watching and hoping to possibly see a Super Bowl, though it likely wont happen (for me, at least). I was 3 when the Jets won their Super Bowl. My dad was always a fan of the underdog. Thus I am a Jets, Mets, Nets, and Islanders fan and the reason I never gave up on the much maligned Zach Wilson. The more he was attacked, the more I wanted him to do good. Just who I am.  Dumb but loyal.  

I will pray for you man. Good Luck, God speed and keep the faith.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jetswin said:

If you are fighting C fight the good fight and don't quit. I'm fortunate so far but lost a great friend last week. Don't say you won't see next season, say you will and I will pray you do, God Bless and good luck 

I lost 3 friends/clients in the last year, 55, 59 and 63 from various causes. Cancer, stress, heart etc.  I will be hanging up my cleats end of 2024at 63.   Life is too short.  Stay strong brother.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Get healthy and get back here next season so I can dunk all over your head again in 24. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Whatever you’re facing, you need to keep fighting and never give up.  I’ve been through hell and back and even my doctors talk about attitude and an unwillingness to give up and its importance.  
Take time off for youself, sometimes it has to be all about you.  And avoid stress, well as much as possible 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I too will add you to my prayer list JetsSB, what is your first name? As far as the stress that watching some of these Jets games (and Jets TEAMS) can cause, I too am an old guy and the chest pains I started experiencing a few weeks ago made me have to stop watching while Wilson was playing QB.

BUT!......Don't quit now my brother, this team is about to go on an historic run starting Friday afternoon. Tim Boyle is about to lead this team to the playoffs , allowing Aaron Rodgers to continue in his rehab and part-time job as Asst. OC. Don't quit the Jets just yet. God Bless !

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I lost 3 friends/clients in the last year, 55, 59 and 63 from various causes. Cancer, stress, heart etc.  I will be hanging up my cleats end of 2024at 63.   Life is too short.  Stay strong brother.  

same here 3 great friends gone, 63,63,60...this past week was very tough and I really wonder how much longer i want to work too.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Good luck to you. I will look forward to seeing your posts for the 2024 season and beyond.

• Upvote 1