Jets Activate OL Duane Brown From IR Promote OL Xavier Newman To Active Roster Release OL Chris Glaser Call Up OL Jake Hanson And DL Tanzel Smart

Lith

22 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'd rather see Warren out there, to be honest.

Brown was a great player, but his body is very worn down and it really limits him.

Got to respect his desire to play, though. Guy could have just sat on IR and counted his guaranteed money.

me too. time to see what Warren is.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Not surprised to see Glaser gone. He got absolutely abused by opposing DTs throughout the Bills game.

The Newman move, I like. He was solid when called upon earlier this season.

I wonder what the deal with Roger Saffold is.  It’s been over 3 weeks since he signed and it’s like he’s entered the witness protection program.  No elevation from the practice squad and no recent mention of him (that I’ve seen).  Was he in such poor shape that he’s still not ready to even be a backup?

I understand this isnt a high profile roster move but I really think its a clear cut example of the complete disfunction this team has offensively.

Chronologically here is the breakdown-

Xavier Newman plays ok at center in an emergency and starts at RG the following week when Tippman comes back.

We sign Chris Glaser off the Cowboys PS on November 1st.

We then decide to start Glaser at RG and deactivate Newman after Glaser has been on the team 2 weeks.

Glaser absolutely craps his pants in his start against the Bills and we release him and go back to Newman.

What could Glaser possibly have done in those 2 weeks of practice to lead this organization to think he should start?  This is not training camp, there are very few live reps for backups to earn a spot.  On top of that the OL is based a lot on continuity - why make a change?  

Lastly, if they did some sort of "evaluation" that led the team to believe Glaser should start over Newman and that resulted in his awful play vs the Bills, then how bad is our ability to "evaluate" these players?  Clearly whatever they saw in Glaser in practice didnt transalte to the game in any way

Really makes. you wonder what they are looking at day to day over there....brutal example of how to screw up an entire personnel group.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I understand this isnt a high profile roster move but I really think its a clear cut example of the complete disfunction this team has offensively.

Chronologically here is the breakdown-

Xavier Newman plays ok at center in an emergency and starts at RG the following week when Tippman comes back.

We sign Chris Glaser off the Cowboys PS on November 1st.

We then decide to start Glaser at RG and deactivate Newman after Glaser has been on the team 2 weeks.

Glaser absolutely craps his pants in his start against the Bills and we release him and go back to Newman.

What could Glaser possibly have done in those 2 weeks of practice to lead this organization to think he should start?  This is not training camp, there are very few live reps for backups to earn a spot.  On top of that the OL is based a lot on continuity - why make a change?  

Lastly, if they did some sort of "evaluation" that led the team to believe Glaser should start over Newman and that resulted in his awful play vs the Bills, then how bad is our ability to "evaluate" these players?  Clearly whatever they saw in Glaser in practice didnt transalte to the game in any way

Really makes. you wonder what they are looking at day to day over there....brutal example of how to screw up an entire personnel group.

You forgot to mention the whole moving Mitchell to RG so they could start Turner at RT. That was special. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You forgot to mention the whole moving Mitchell to RG so they could start Turner at RT. That was special. 

Ahh yes, I cant believe I forgot that.  The old - move our RT to RG for one game for no reason whatsoever.

I think we can also add never giving our struggling OTs tight end help ever to the list

• Upvote 1