Bollywood Alma Mater Wins Frozen Four

Fred Jetstone

I'm almost positive that Bollinger's past Alamo & Rose Bowl victories inspired them. Badgers continue to roll. Carpe Diem.

NCAA: Wisconsin wins Frozen Four

Brian Elliott

Associated Press

4/8/2006 10:47:12 PM

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Robbie Earl, Tom Gilbert and Brian Elliott each received another chance. With a national title at stake, all three - and a post - came through for Wisconsin.

Gilbert scored a goal on a power play, Earl added another and Elliott of Newmarket, Ont., made 22 saves to lead Wisconsin to its sixth national title and first since 1990 with a 2-1 victory over Boston College on Saturday night.

The Badgers had trouble solving Cory Schneider, who was brilliant with 37 saves.

After stopping two earlier slap shots by Gilbert, the self-described offensive defenceman came through on the power play with 10:28 left in the third when he took a pass from Joe Pavelski and ripped one from between the circles that beat Schneider to give the Badgers the 2-1 lead.

''I was thinking to myself, 'I'm not going to strike out three times,''' Gilbert said. ''Joe Pavelski made a great pass to me and I just buried my head and I knew the puck was going to go in.''

Archived