Time to blow it up

Joejet

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

People screaming at JD to sign so and so at o linemen, so and so at WR, yet they always go somewhere else. You can’t make these players sign here. It’s a problem people don’t seem to recognize. 

I blame most of this on a GM who is not nearly aggressive enough when it comes to bringing in players via trade or free agency.  He nickels and dimes players in FA then wonders why they miss out on guys who can really help. Don't think agents haven't noticed. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This

We Are definitely getting a top 10 pick, we should be bringing in a new regime and letting them identify the QB of the future, trade up if need be.

Drake Maye in the 1st, and then OL in every other round. Get it done JD lol...

• Upvote 1

A lot of stupid in this thread especially from the “Woody whiners”

here’s a pro tip… if you think it’s all on the owner go find another team because like I keep telling everyone he’s not going anywhere. In fact he’s grooming his teenage son to take over when he retires and that kid will be in charge long after you’re all dead and buried.

This will be a Johnson team the rest of your life. Either deal with it or go root for a team like the Steelers. Their owner seems to be pretty well respected.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

WTF are you even talking about? You’re not nearly as clever as you think you are.

How are you getting Drake Maye without picking in the top 2 or 3 spots? We don’t have a round 2 pick either.

At this rate we're in the top 8 in 2024... Do you see this team wining more games ?

10 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

At this rate we're in the top 8 in 2024... Do you see this team wining more games ?

What does that have to do with what you suggested in your prior post as a fix? We’re not going to pick high enough to get Drake Maye, so to suggest it was nonsensical. We’re not taking OL with the rest of our picks either

I’ll repeat what I said to your first post… What are you talking about?

Douglas “good” picks not even looking good. Wilson can’t catch. Sauce stinks. Breece is meh. Fire everyone.

That’s because the team has quit. There is still talent on the team, a lot of it but they quit or they are pressing.

That is on the coach, but it’s really because we don’t have a qb, our lack of qb took a massive toll on the team and our refusal to move on from Zach when we were winning and he was aweful caused this. Again that is on the coach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Joejet said:

Harbaugh is primed for a move with all the issues that he has had at Michigan this year. If Woody throws enough money at him along with head of football operations and lets him choose his GM it can be done. Desperate times require desperate moves.

This is the only acceptable answer

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What does that have to do with what you suggested in your prior post as a fix? We’re not going to pick high enough to get Drake Maye, so to suggest it was nonsensical. We’re not taking OL with the rest of our picks either

I’ll repeat what I said to your first post… What are you talking about?

I'll spell it out in little words for you so you can understand. Ready !!!  There is no formula where any football team can win without good football players that play in the trenches. Once those positions are taken care of then you work on skill positions. Now since the JETS have no real good OL trench guys, we need a bunch of them. I don't care if the come from the draft or FA. Next the JETS need a QB, and there is one of the best coming out next year. You try your best, not saying it will happen but you try your best to move up to get Drake Maye. I hope that spells it out for you. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I'll spell it out in little words for you so you can understand. Ready !!!  There is no formula where any football team can win without good football players that play in the trenches. Once those positions are taken care of then you work on skill positions. Now since the JETS have no real good OL trench guys, we need a bunch of them. I don't care if the come from the draft or FA. Next the JETS need a QB, and there is one of the best coming out next year. You try your best, not saying it will happen but you try your best to move up to get Drake Maye. I hope that spells it out for you. 

Thanks for going so slowly…

Now tell me what you’re willing to pay to move up to the #1 or 2 spot to draft Maye, then explain to me how you’re going to draft and rebuild an entire OL after you give all draft capital up.

30 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks for going so slowly…

Now tell me what you’re willing to pay to move up to the #1 or 2 spot to draft Maye, then explain to me how you’re going to draft and rebuild an entire OL after you give all draft capital up.

Guess you didn't read the part where I said you try your best, but not saying it will happen. What should have happened, and it's been said 100 times is that we missed out on the opportunity to load up on good offensive talent because we drafted ZW instead of trading out of #2 that year. I'm not saying we have to have Drake Maye, but I'd like to get him, and I'm more than happy if we can get someone that can pan out like a mid rounder.

Time for JD to start considering bold move trade partners in the off season. We're at a point where he needs to show something more, anything! ... 

Rodgers may miraculously make this all disappear next season, though I highly doubt he risks coming back this season especially after watching Phillips snapping, bowl of jelly shaking achilles injury.  I'm for the first time beginning to feel that ship has sailed and Hackett will be lucky to survive another few weeks with what the O has devolved into.  

Did anyone else notice Rodgers wearing his headset yesterday. Why don't they get real and just make him the new OC as we've already seen the curtain pulled back on Hackett and his unimaginative game plans. I'd bet Rodgers had heavy input in calling some of those late game strikes that Boyle was getting against Miami's prevent D...

Can't wait to hear Tuesday's McAfee interview as we're close to scraping the bottom of the barrel and I don't feel he can keep his optimism up much longer. Hope I'm wrong...

We also need to lose.

Year after year we win stupid games at the end of the year and everyone here cheers and yells at me for not being happy the Jets won a meaningless game.

Then we trade up for sh*tty QBs which makes us suck longer than we need to.

We need to lose out and get as high a pick as possible.

Ugh... Nothing is getting blown up.  Rodgers contract is guaranteed.  This year and next.  They have to roll with getting the Rodgers plan back on track.

For now, enjoy the comic disfunction.  I, myself am getting a good laugh as the FAIL MARY takes its esteemed position along with the BUTT FUMBLE.  It is now immortal and *national* comic relief.  The sports talk radio today is better than most stand-up comedy acts.  It's a good time to have a laugh.  It isn't anything tragic. 

in 2024 the defense will be largely intact from this year.  They can keep the excellent kicking game in place.  Rodgers should be in good shape.  Hence, having Rodgers back solves the Hackett problem.  We all know Rodgers is the de facto OC with Hackett holding his clip board.

They have to double and triple dip on offensive lineman in FA and the draft.  If JD enters the off season with the understanding that Becton and AVT are not players to be depended on, the 2024 season should be what we hoped for in 2023.

There are a lot of excellent offensive lineman that will be in the 2024 draft.  The line can be fixed in a single off season.

And... One would *hope* that the owner, GM and HC all understand that a 40 y/o QB has a greater chance of missing time, hence... Make sure there is a very good vet back-up on the roster. 

So long as JD is not brain dead regarding the needs on the offensive line and the need for a solid QB back-up, 2024 will be a good season for on-field performance. 

Until then, have a good laugh.  It's excellent medicine. 

• Post of the Week 1