Help me understand this…

WowOhWow

Just now, WowOhWow said:

Why wouldn’t Woody can these guys? How much more ineptitude does he need to witness? What is worth retaining? I literally don’t see why he’d keep these guys around. 

Because he made a big investment into AR8.  And Saleh and Hackett are probably part of what it took to get AR8 to agree to come here.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'll tell you why.  Woody totally bought into the Aaron Rodgers hype and the very second he got hurt that bought saleh and douglas another year to two years.

That's it, simple as that.  The jets did not have to win another game this year and these guys are safe due to the 'get out of jail free' card of the rodgers injury.

This is kind of a new low though. I agree, these idiots are going nowhere, but the Jets have been flat out humiliated on national TV three times in a month. Team quitting two years in a row. There must be some level of doubt rolling around Woody’s bird brain. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because he made a big investment into AR8.  And Saleh and Hackett are probably part of what it took to get AR8 to agree to come here.

I’m not so sure about how badly this team quit this past month and how poor the depth is on offense. 

If anything Woody will clean house and ask Rodgers who he wants as GM +
HC

I think the thing that people seem to be forgetting regarding the Rodgers trade is that the other two highly considered QBs, Carr and garapollo, aren’t exactly lighting it up.  Carr is not doing so well in Nola and garapollo has been benched.  And Rodgers did bring some good spark to a team that had minimal on field leadership and a coach who just doesn’t see to get the players fired up.  People wanted to lay a lot of blame on Zach or even the personnel but players take on the personality of their head coach.  Saleh coached good defenses but just never understood the offense.

59 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is kind of a new low though. I agree, these idiots are going nowhere, but the Jets have been flat out humiliated on national TV three times in a month. Team quitting two years in a row. There must be some level of doubt rolling around Woody’s bird brain. 

Level of doubt will only start rolling around once attendance starts to drop enough that he notices

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'll tell you why.  Woody totally bought into the Aaron Rodgers hype and the very second he got hurt that bought saleh and douglas another year to two years.

That's it, simple as that.  The jets did not have to win another game this year and these guys are safe due to the 'get out of jail free' card of the rodgers injury.

We’re living in the dumbest corporate timeline of all-time. 

• Upvote 2

Go look at the jets game 1 depth chart and look at what they rolled out today. The jets offense consists of Garrett Wilson, breece hall, and tomilson as the only “starters” that were listed on the first depth chart who also started today. 

this season sucks but this team got completely screwed with injuries. This isn’t pretty and everyone wants to point fingers but this is about as bad as it gets when it comes to injuries.

• Upvote 2

Woody’s been criticized in the past for being reactive to public pressure (cutting Pennington, firing Mangini, cutting Sanchez, among other moves).

Now he’s swung the other way and gives bad employees too much time. He thinks he has the right team in place with Douglas and Saleh and he’s going to let them drive this franchise (deeper) into the ground. 

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Why wouldn’t Woody can these guys? How much more ineptitude does he need to witness? What is worth retaining? I literally don’t see why he’d keep these guys around. 

Saleh can argue that it's not his fault Rodgers went down along with the entire offensive line.

It's a reasonable excuse. I don't buy it. But Woody is just dumb enough. 

Plus Woody is a loser and will do whatever Rodgers tells him. If you can Saleh, you will need a new coach next year who will not want Hackett. Very tricky. 

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

The owners make their $$ through the guaranteed tv contracts and revenue sharing.  He makes his profit regardless of how the team plays.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Nope he is like a number of posters on here who actually feel that if Rodgers did not get hurt we would be floating into the playoffs on the back of a unicorn.

do you think Rodgers is better than Zach? of course you do. well then the NE game 15-10 and the LV game 16-12 should have been wins with Rodgers instead of Zach.

i dont know about floating in but we would be 6-5 and have a serious chance.

and the KC game was 23-20. that was probably a win with Rodgers too. we would be 7-4.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Saleh can argue that it's not his fault Rodgers went down along with the entire offensive line.

It's a reasonable excuse. I don't buy it. But Woody is just dumb enough. 

Plus Woody is a loser and will do whatever Rodgers tells him. If you can Saleh, you will need a new coach next year who will not want Hackett. Very tricky. 

Bellicheck knew.  I resign as HC of the NYJ.

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

No chance this regime survives another disastrous end to a season. JD and Saleh are managing and coaching for their careers to close out this season.

not with Rodgers wanting Hackett. 

we paid too much in money and draft picks to tell Rodgers to F-off. Woody is at least going to see that through. Rodgers wants Hackett. so it would be stupid to fire Saleh and JD and let the worst OC in the NFL stay. 

and we were on prime time alot this year, and put up pretty good ratings. with Rodgers coming back next year i expect we will get a bunch more prime time games. cut bait with Rodgers we get no national TV games. Woody would hate that more than losing.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

not with Rodgers wanting Hackett. 

we paid too much in money and draft picks to tell Rodgers to F-off. Woody is at least going to see that through. Rodgers wants Hackett. so it would be stupid to fire Saleh and JD and let the worst OC in the NFL stay. 

and we were on prime time alot this year, and put up pretty good ratings. with Rodgers coming back next year i expect we will get a bunch more prime time games. cut bait with Rodgers we get no national TV games. Woody would hate that more than losing.

This is it. Hackett is tied to Rodgers.

There is no scenario where you can fire Saleh and keep Hackett. Saleh has a good scheme, Hackett has nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Besides max, the season ticket holders who have an activity here think the non season ticket holders are the problem. 

It’s been a running thread among the beat guys that Woody is not at all tied to Saleh or Douglas, so it wouldn’t be crazy to see one or both sh*tcanned if the public pressure got turned up enough. That said, they’d have to try and square the circle with Rodgers, whose contract is extremely hard to navigate if Rodgers isn’t on the team next year. Neither Rodgers nor Woody want to have a coach with any power, so in that sense Saleh is the perfect patsy for both of them. End of the day, the only way anything changes is if Rodgers opts out after the season, and it doesn’t sound like he’s going to do that. 

• Upvote 2