The man of a thousand slogans

WowOhWow

My lasting memory of Bobby Salad will be that he has a million slogans.  Always a great quip, uses great words like tape, violence, recovery, strain…all scientific and stuff.  But the dude can’t freakin coach to save his life. Let’s honor Bobby Salad by listing out his quotes.  I’ll start - All gas no break.  Give me a fin break

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He’s a con man. Woody is easily conned. Perfect fit.

I remember they showed his zoom interview in some PR bullsh*t video with Christopher J. and JD and not a single Xs & Os comment regarding football was made lol it was all fake culture BS.  "Go to bed better than when you woke up."

He's never had a good defense without superstar talent everywhere.  This defense is Ulbrich's and JD's.  It's the only thing JD deserves any bit of positive credit for, while obviously leaving the O out to dry.  And the scheme isn't even that great because they consistently get gashed in the run game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I remember they showed his zoom interview in some PR bullsh*t video with Christopher J. and JD and not a single Xs & Os comment regarding football was made lol it was all fake culture BS.  "Go to bed better than when you woke up."

He's never had a good defense without superstar talent everywhere.  This defense is Ulbrich's and JD's.  It's the only thing JD deserves any bit of positive credit for, while obviously leaving the O out to dry.  And the scheme isn't even that great because they consistently get gashed in the run game.

honestly the defense is decent....but it isn't some great defense

• Upvote 1

Our OLine (or lack of OLine) is killing more than just our Offence. Like Garrett Wilson said, he hates looking the Defense in the eye after (another) quick 3 and out / fumble / strip sack / int / pick 6 / on and on. Our Offence simply cannot stay on the field. Our Defenders rarely even sit down, knowing they'll be right back in there 20 seconds....

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Arguably the best player on defense wasn't from JD - Mac drafted QW

25 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Arguably the best player on defense wasn't from JD - Mac drafted QW

OK but Sauce, Reed, MCII, Quincy, JJ, & Huff are all quality players.  These players, brought in by JD, transformed a historically bad defense Mac built.

An overpriced Mosley and a young, underperforming QW was all JD inherited on defense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

My lasting memory of Bobby Salad will be that he has a million slogans.  Always a great quip, uses great words like tape, violence, recovery, strain…all scientific and stuff.  But the dude can’t freakin coach to save his life. Let’s honor Bobby Salad by listing out his quotes.  I’ll start - All gas no break.  Give me a fin break

Bobby Salad"

1629238649857.jpg

Just now, Maxman said:

Hard to have a great defense when the offense goes a month in between scoring drives.

Would’ve been interesting to see them play a full season with support from the offense but as with other Saleh seasons, the trend seems to be poor performance in the second half and not the expected improvement through the year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

OK but Sauce, Reed, MCII, Quincy, JJ, & Huff are all quality players.  These players, brought in by JD, transformed a historically bad defense Mac built.

An overpriced Mosley and a young, underperforming QW was all JD inherited on defense.

Much easier to build a quality defense b/c you don’t need to find a qb which is the hardest thing to do.  Gms are graded on how they do at the qb position and usually they’re fired b/c the team stinks, and that’s usually bc they don’t have a qb.  Douglas, to his credit, tried to trade for one which is an admission that he knew wilson sucks.  Assuming he returns, he’s got to find a prospect this draft and that may mean trading back for extra picks.  B/c even if rodgers plays next year he will miss games and douglas is on borrowed time if he thinks a guy like minschew can save his job.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Much easier to build a quality defense b/c you don’t need to find a qb which is the hardest thing to do.  Gms are graded on how they do at the qb position and usually they’re fired b/c the team stinks, and that’s usually bc they don’t have a qb.  Douglas, to his credit, tried to trade for one which is an admission that he knew wilson sucks.  Assuming he returns, he’s got to find a prospect this draft and that may mean trading back for extra picks.  B/c even if rodgers plays next year he will miss games and douglas is on borrowed time if he thinks a guy like minschew can save his job.  

Honestly this is the perfect time to bring in a new regime, one that can reap the benefits of the stellar defense JD helped build and actually give some TLC to the offense and QB position. I’m not entirely opposed to keeping JD but only if we bring in a trusted, offensive minded head coach who is basically a part time GM when it comes to the offense’s personnel decisions.

• Upvote 1