Longest Playoff Drought in Professional Sports Lives

Gen X Jet

Perhaps they will learn that the Jets need to spend spend spend on high tier free agents and trade assets away. The draft is the long game but look at the Dolphins… The team is successful because they have traded for and signed big name players for the last 2+ years. It works. The Jets have done a nice job building a great young core, the time is now to capitalize and spend on veterans. I would start with Davante Adams and whoever the best OL to hit the market is

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Perhaps they will learn that the Jets need to spend spend spend on high tier free agents and trade assets away. The draft is the long game but look at the Dolphins… The team is successful because they have traded for and signed big name players for the last 2+ years. It works. The Jets have done a nice job building a great young core, the time is now to capitalize and spend on veterans. I would start with Davante Adams and whoever the best OL to hit the market is

Adams and Bakhtiari.  LMAO!  I'd rather we fired JD and cut AR8 if that was the plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If Tyrek signed here, he'd be Santonio Holmes by now.  

santonio.gif

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

what makes you think the raiders will be looking to trade adams? more realistic is trying to sign tee higgins

Adams getting traded feels inevitable, but that’s fine. Count me in for Tee Higgins. The point remains… top end veteran talent must be bought and traded for if we’re actually going to break this drought in the immediate. Rodgers returning will certainly bring the team above .500, these other guys will put them over the top. We cannot keep hunting for the DJ Reeds of the world. As great as he is, it’s too rare to find those guys in the bargain bin of free agency

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Adams getting traded feels inevitable, but that’s fine. Count me in for Tee Higgins. The point remains… top end veteran talent must be bought and traded for if we’re actually going to break this drought in the immediate. Rodgers returning will certainly bring the team above .500, these other guys will put them over the top. We cannot keep hunting for the DJ Reeds of the world. As great as he is, it’s too rare to find those guys in the bargain bin of free agency

Dude JD should not be spending another coin for this team, he is a losing GM that needs to be fired. The 40 year old QB has one achilles, this will not end well.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What’s the Jets cap situation looking like?

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

What’s the Jets cap situation looking like?

31M in cap room as of today and that doesn’t account for guys like Carl Lawson, etc. coming off the books if I remember correctly. Spend every god damn dollar. Teams in worse cap shape happen to spend through the roof every year. There’s always a way to make it work

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude JD should not be spending another coin for this team, he is a losing GM that needs to be fired. The 40 year old QB has one achilles, this will not end well.

24-52. 

JD is a YOOGE loser. That’s more than double the amount of losing than winning! 

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

That’s fine. Then fire him and let the new person spend the F out of the money and picks

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

we need to upgrade the oline big time and bring in as much offensive skill position talent as possible. the defense is fine as is

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

we need to upgrade the oline big time and bring in as much offensive skill position talent as possible. the defense is fine as is

No doubt. Also Mike Evans could be hitting the market too. The opportunity will be there and they’re all great matches with Rodgers

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

The defense is not fine as is.  It's overloaded.  We need to trade pieces away to help the offense.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Still need to draft as well 

IT'S ALL WOODY JOHNSON and next year is even going to be worse because he will be back in his political mode spending all his money and energy trying to get trump elected. It's just so sad The worst thing that ever happened to this team was awarding him the team. I swear Dolan would have been better-but it's neither here nor there because we are looking at a 4-13 season guys

9 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

No doubt. Also Mike Evans could be hitting the market too. The opportunity will be there and they’re all great matches with Rodgers

IN YOUR DREAMS!!! Will never happen! Evans is too valuable to the Bucs as he's a franchise player. Plus he won a SB in TB so why should he leave there and come to an apathetic franchise like the Jets???