Garrett Wilson: “I don’t know what to tell y’all. I don’t know what to tell the fans. I’m out of words. I’m out.”

PS17

21 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is heartbreaking. The Jets finally land a transcendent homegrown WR and he’s completely broken not even two years in. 

And this should surprise no one. He would be a complete fool to resign with this organization, If he even lasts that long here. I’m sure he will be asking for a trade this offseason 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, toonman 88 said:

hes not all innocent in this sh*t show ,hes dropped many balls and coughed up others at critical times!!!!

True. Garrett has been disappointing, lots of weird drops. But it’s hard to maintain focus and professionalism with terrible coaching, terrible line play, and historically terrible QB play. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

“I’m out” is a very curious way to finish that statement. Would anyone blame Garrett Wilson for requesting a trade in the offseason? This is getting scary. 

I would think he means "out of words", but this is a WR we're talking about. The enemy speaks kindly and holds a knife.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

This is heartbreaking. The Jets finally land a transcendent homegrown WR and he’s completely broken not even two years in. 

Transcendent?…I think that’s significantly over-rating him, very good young WR, the best we’ve had in years and he can’t do it all on his own, but Megatron he ain’t. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, redlichtie said:

Transcendent?…I think that’s significantly over-rating him, very good young WR, the best we’ve had in years and he can’t do it all on his own, but Megatron he ain’t. 

He's on track to have a second straight 1000 yard season with the worst QBs in the league. Sack Wilson, MRI Mike, Joe Flacco, and now Tim Boyle. Give him a mediocre QB and he's easily a first team all pro.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why you don’t f**kn around with your QB2 situation, this.  These aren’t robots.  Players quit and ask for trades in today’s game.  A real QB2 might just have prevented the mutiny we’re witnessing, and it’s only gonna get worse.

Garrett shoots his way out of town?  That falls at the feet of Woody and/or JD.

Wilson, Sauce, they’re all going to Rebel. This season is only going to get worse.

JD needs to be fired just off not having a competent back up QB, and double fired for the failure to address this before the transfer deadline. He brought Trevor Siemian FFS. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PS17 said:

“I’m out” is a very curious way to finish that statement. Would anyone blame Garrett Wilson for requesting a trade in the offseason? This is getting scary. 

It’s going to happen if he hasn’t already demanded a trade behind closed doors.  The jets will try to appease him by trading for another bust Justin Fields and having him be QB2

Welcome to the next fiasco 

Garrett Wilson probably thinking what type of nut house was I drafted too. And you guys are happy about one year with rodgers but I know Garrett is side eyeing that now, he’s not stupid he knows rodgers is not the future here.

He has to be thinking that the long term outlook for this team is not good. I’m telling you if we don’t get rid of rodgers this offseason, we will regret this for many years to come.

5 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

Good, don't let the door hit your ass on your way out! You dropped a TD pass and have made several errors as well. 

You guys all stink Garret, you guys just stink.  

Yeah that’s right.  Defend the sh*t QB, sh*t on the ascending talent WR.

Then when he’s gone you’ll ask why there are no Weppinz for your next boo face rookie QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why you don’t f**kn around with your QB2 situation, this.  These aren’t robots.  Players quit and ask for trades in today’s game.  A real QB2 might just have prevented the mutiny we’re witnessing, and it’s only gonna get worse.

Garrett shoots his way out of town?  That falls at the feet of Woody and/or JD.

You have blinders on.

G Wilson was putting up good numbers this season when the Jets had actual starters playing on the o-line.

It's the o-line injuries, not QB 2 that's causing this disaster.

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wilson, Sauce, they’re all going to Rebel. This season is only going to get worse.

JD needs to be fired just off not having a competent back up QB, and double fired for the failure to address this before the transfer deadline. He brought Trevor Siemian FFS. 

When Wilson and Sauce hold out and demand a trade form this dumpster fire, not gonna get mad or complain. Having Zach Wilson and Booby Saleh take a torch to your season every year is watching their money burn. This offense is laughable. Go run the stadium, Bobby, you idiot. 

As long as there is a salary cap, players will be mercenaries. NFL pretty much by fiat with no real input from players set this up to suppress player salaries. DeMarcus Smith went along with this and only got the shiny trinkets of "free agency" with Happy Gilmore like big ass cardboard checks with  non guaranteed contracts. That's the framework, and every player knows it. Sorry; not gonna bitch when the day comes . 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, PS17 said:

It's such a shame.  He's also one of the rare great WRs who isn't a diva.  There's nothing not to like about the guy and yet we've put that look on his face mid-way through his 2nd year.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

When Wilson and Sauce hold out and demand a trade form this dumpster fire, not gonna get mad or complain. Having Zach Wilson and Booby Saleh take a torch to your season every year is watching their money burn. This offense is laughable. Go run the stadium, Bobby, you idiot. 

As long as there is a salary cap, players will be mercenaries. NFL pretty much by fiat with no real input from players set this up to suppress player salaries. DeMarcus Smith went along with this and only got the shiny trinkets of "free agency" with Happy Gilmore like big ass cardboard checks with  non guaranteed contracts. That's the framework, and every player knows it. Sorry; not gonna bitch when the day comes . 

Sauce has more commercials than career interceptions. If the Jets had any stones they’d trade him this off-season to help the offense.

• Upvote 2