Could Be a Top 5 & Virtual 2nd Round Picks

Ulrich

If things continue this way we’ll be picking near the top of the first and third rounds. So almost a low second rounder.

Watch JD will go defense with both picks lol 

Sure Packers are bummed they won’t be getting Jets first rounder. But seems they’ll be get a high second rounder 

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If they continue to flounder and lets say get a top 7 pick they will either trade down or take the top OT on the board.

People will be slathering after QBs but no they are not taking a QB high.

And they better not draft a QB high. The best shot management has is building a stronger supporting offense and getting a viable backup to Rodgers in FA and draft a QB late.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hex said:

And they better not draft a QB high. The best shot management has is building a stronger supporting offense and getting a viable backup to Rodgers in FA and draft a QB late.

Agreed.  Too many times we have drafted a rookie QB and sent him out there with a bad supporting cast, and then we are shocked that he sucks. 

Build the offense.  R1, R3 and high priced FA should all be on offensive side of the ball.  Fix the supporting cast, say goodbye to Zach, Boyle and Siemian, add a solid back-up, maybe draft a developmental guy on day 3, and hope your 40-year old QB coming off achilles surgery is healthy and still plays at a high level.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If they continue to flounder and lets say get a top 7 pick they will either trade down or take the top OT on the board.

People will be slathering after QBs but no they are not taking a QB high.

Not sure why you and others are so adamant about this. If a QB is BPA and they think he will be a franchise guy they will take him. They would be idiots not to. Of course they are idiots because they traded for Rodgers. I don't see them trading up for a QB but first round QB is definitely in play.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not sure why you and others are so adamant about this. If a QB is BPA and they think he will be a franchise guy they will take him. They would be idiots not to. Of course they are idiots because they traded for Rodgers. I don't see them trading up for a QB but first round QB is definitely in play.

Hello?  They are idiots.

If a desireable QB is there will will trade out.

There is a ZERO % chance after the Zach Wilson disaster that they will go get the next jordan love .

They are not bringing rodgers back without giving him as much help as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Just my opinion, but I don't see it unless JD and Saleh are gone (which I doubt happens).

First they attached their fortunes to Zach.  That failed.  Now they are attached to Rodgers.  Premium picks are going to be used to try to help them win with Rodgers in 24, which will be their last chance.  They won't be around long enough to develop another QB unless they do something special in 24.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Too many times we have drafted a rookie QB and sent him out there with a bad supporting cast, and then we are shocked that he sucks. 

Build the offense.  R1, R3 and high priced FA should all be on offensive side of the ball.  Fix the supporting cast, say goodbye to Zach, Boyle and Siemian, add a solid back-up, maybe draft a developmental guy on day 3, and hope your 40-year old QB coming off achilles surgery is healthy and still plays at a high level.

If they’re picking at the top of round 3, even if they don’t trade back and get extra picks they can still get a good qb prospect on day 2.  This is what they don’t do, take a guy on day 2 worth developing.  That’s the sweet spot, not in the 5th round where they’re not really tryin g

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Very plausible.  OL round 1, qb/wr rounds 2/3.  Offense or house cleaning

It really depends on how low the pick is. If we can somehow tank hard enough to pick Marvin Harrison jr then it’s a no brainer in the first. GW needs help and imo trading for Devante Adams is stupid 

• Upvote 3

Just now, BurntDice said:

It really depends on how low the pick is. If we can somehow tank hard enough to pick Marvin Harrison jr then it’s a no brainer in the first. GW needs help and imo trading for Devante Adams is stupid 

If they get a top 3 pick it changes the conversation.  Top 4 and maybe they just take the penn state OT and be done at LT.  But 5 and later and it’s more fluid.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

JD is a ******* moron for giving that ton of draft capital. Everybody knew Packers were in a dump mode and it was a matter of time they pulled the trigger on a 3rd rounder. Instead, that pos JD panicked and let the Packers **** all of us in the a**.  

What’s worse is there are still JD nuthuggers around. 

If ONLY you actually knew.......

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

people here are so shortsighted and ignorant to their own QB they want to build around, the dude hate playing with a bunch of rookies in GB and relying on rookies at key positions like LT is asking for disaster, even Peni struggled early on. 

Tank Dell went in the what 3rd round but some here want to draft a WR high again in a deep WR class. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

A Top 5 pick and QB is the only logical move IMO

21 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

people here are so shortsighted and ignorant to their own QB they want to build around, the dude hate playing with a bunch of rookies in GB and relying on rookies at key positions like LT is asking for disaster, even Peni struggled early on. 

Tank Dell went in the what 3rd round but some here want to draft a WR high again in a deep WR class. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

A Top 5 pick and QB is the only logical move IMO

With the CS and FO on the hot seat that isn’t the time to take a QB. People also say this is a deep QB class so why not just take a mid round guy with high upside to sit behind Arod. 

Wrs with elite skillsets are very hard to find after the early 2nd

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

With the CS and FO on the hot seat that isn’t the time to take a QB. People also say this is a deep QB class so why not just take a mid round guy with high upside to sit behind Arod. 

Wrs with elite skillsets are very hard to find after the early 2nd

We don’t need elite skill sets we just need good players, the sun god has no real elite traits and is still a productive player.

Don’t matter though because JD talent evaluation blows

15 hours ago, Ulrich said:

If things continue this way we’ll be picking near the top of the first and third rounds. So almost a low second rounder.

Watch JD will go defense with both picks lol 

Sure Packers are bummed they won’t be getting Jets first rounder. But seems they’ll be get a high second rounder 

A 3rd round pick is a 3rd round pick.  Its not an almost low 2nd round pick.

What are we doing here?

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

I disagree. You draft a QB on day 1 every year until you hit on one. Then you draft a QB every year on Day 3 until you find a viable backup. 

You only get one day 1 pick each year, and you're not getting more 1st rounders if you're only collecting QBs. That's a recipe to set up QBs for failure. No supporting cast.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just my opinion, but I don't see it unless JD and Saleh are gone (which I doubt happens).

First they attached their fortunes to Zach.  That failed.  Now they are attached to Rodgers.  Premium picks are going to be used to try to help them win with Rodgers in 24, which will be their last chance.  They won't be around long enough to develop another QB unless they do something special in 24.

If this was the case, they would have selected virtually any offensive player in the 1st of this past draft. 

Not Mr. Jumps over cars. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

You only get one day 1 pick each year, and you're not getting more 1st rounders if you're only collecting QBs. That's a recipe to set up QBs for failure. No supporting cast.

An elite QB makes his own supporting cast. An elite supporting cast can’t make a good QB. So yeah, without a decent QB, your supporting cast is useless. Stack the box (like teams do now) and let your trash QB have a go at the other Ds. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

BPA to who? JD? Do we really want him to pick another QB in the top of the first round? One of the reasons we are so bad is wasting a 3rd and then 2nd overall overall picks on Darnold and Wilson and now neither have worked out costing this team so much that could have been used to improve this O elsewhere. We can’t afford that again right now wasting another high 1st round pick and 2-3 years to find out if he sticks. Do like one of the other posters said by taking an OT in round 1 and then probably WR in round 3. The rest of the draft use to round out depth on the Oline and maybe take a flier on a QB. In FA also focus on Oline and WR and/or other skill position players as needed along with a real backup QB, not the crap we saw and went through this year. Then try again with Rogers and see what occurs.

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

We don’t need elite skill sets we just need good players, the sun god has no real elite traits and is still a productive player.

Don’t matter though because JD talent evaluation blows

Weapons with elite traits help the offense a ton. They can turn meh offenses into good ones. What would burrow be without chase? 

JD has hit on about 50% of his picks which is league average. The negative Nancy in you is really taking over huh? 

• Sympathy 1

This franchise has and never will be able to groom a QB .. they need to luck into a kid that can play without coaching ... For this reason ... They should only look that direction in rnd 4 or below ... When the stakes are WAY lower... This is where QBs come to rot , fester and die.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't believe in any of the QB's that will be going in the first round of the 2024 draft.  Since Rodgers is not going anywhere, best that they use the first round pick on the offensive line.  I favor Notre Dame OT Joe Alt.  They also need to double dip in the draft on a second, interior O-Line prospect.  Preferably one that is very versatile or one that is a top tier interior lineman. 

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hello?  They are idiots.

If a desireable QB is there will will trade out.

There is a ZERO % chance after the Zach Wilson disaster that they will go get the next jordan love .

They are not bringing rodgers back without giving him as much help as possible.

I’ve complained since the season started that they got AR and didn’t give him as much help as possible… I wish you were right, but I could see it going either way. I don’t trust them to play it smart.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve complained since the season started that they got AR and didn’t give him as much help as possible… I wish you were right, but I could see it going either way. I don’t trust them to play it smart.

They gave him the help rodgers asked for but rodgers is not an nfl GM and his choices for helpful players was laughable.   The very worst players on this team were all Aaron Rodgers gets.  Our ability to get help in the draft was really hurt by the rodgers daft compensation,

The Will mcdonad pick was one of the biggest panic picks you could get with serious faults on the oline and at WR.

We can only hope rodgers realizes his folly and has little input as to who the jets pick up this off season.

Just now, Beerfish said:

They gave him the help rodgers asked for but rodgers is not an nfl GM and his choices for helpful players was laughable.   The very worst players on this team were all Aaron Rodgers gets.  Our ability to get help in the draft was really hurt by the rodgers daft compensation,

The Will mcdonad pick was one of the biggest panic picks you could get with serious faults on the oline and at WR.

We can only hope rodgers realizes his folly and has little input as to who the jets pick up this off season.

Yes, giving him what he wants is not giving him help. Like giving my children what they want doesn’t position them to be good adults.

• Post of the Week 1