Who should be the NY Jets GM and Head Coach???

AL047

Everybody here wants Saleh gone and GM Joe Douglas gone!!!!

Ok Woody Johnson fires them both but who are they going to replace as GM and Head Coach???

Who???

The Jets have a total of 8 draft picks for 2024 and their needs so far are OT, OG, WR, QB, MLB, S, CB.

It is obvious that owner Woody Johnson will not hire anyone that has experience in this league. Look at his past hires all are rookie head coaches and player personnel experience hired to be GMs. The only one decent they hired and built this team was Joe Douglas. Who are they going to replace the GM???

9 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Everybody here wants Saleh gone and GM Joe Douglas gone!!!!

Ok Woody Johnson fires them both but who are they going to replace as GM and Head Coach???

Who???

The Jets have a total of 8 draft picks for 2024 and their needs so far are OT, OG, WR, QB, MLB, S, CB.

It is obvious that owner Woody Johnson will not hire anyone that has experience in this league. Look at his past hires all are rookie head coaches and player personnel experience hired to be GMs. The only one decent they hired and built this team was Joe Douglas. Who are they going to replace the GM???

So you replace them both at the same time and get into the same continuity trap they’ve been in for the decades.  I don’t think that’s very smart.  I don’t know what douglas’ duties are beyond contracts and drafting players, etc but with a few exceptions he’s brought in more talent than Mac even dreamed about. At this point his biggest mistake was hiring saleh and that was compounded by giving saleh the green light to hire milfy and a host of newbie at their position coaches.  As for Rodgers, I suspect there was a whole lot of influence from woody.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All will stay for 2024 but it wont matter.  Aaron Rodgers is ancient and coming off a serious injury.  Rodgers is just delaying the inevitable rebuild we need another year.

It does not get much worse then this.

I dont know a team in a worse spot then the jets.

Wait, weren’t you the one telling us how great this regime is??

19 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

My first choice too but no way Rodgers would work with him

A guy like Harbaugh wouldnt work for an owner like Woody.   Harbaugh is arrogant and has an abrasive personality, not traits Woody likes in his coaches.  Its not about winning with Woody, thats just an extra.  Woody likes to play with his toy football team, likes to think he's one of the guys, like his team to be talked about as it feeds his ego, and likes to market and sell merchandise & tickets.   

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Bring Rodgers back. Fix the offensive line. Bring in a WR2.

That team has a shot at winning the Super Bowl.

Some times, even when it's painful, consistency is the way to go.

More of the same questionable fact-basis optimism, my friend.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't buy in.

The no-change, love-everything-the-team-does folks say this every single year.  This year we're a Super Bowl contender.

Then we go 4-13.

Then those same folks resist any meaningful change, even if it's our 13th non-playoff season, or our 5th season under the current regime without a single winning season.  If we're just patient the great GM (great?) and great Coach (great?) and great Zach (wft really?) will show us how great they are!  This year it's just Rodgers instead of Zach.

If you cannot produce a 9-8 year even ONCE in five years, you're simply not a very good NFL GM or Head Coach.  All the "but we drafted Sauce!" or "But we got Rodgers!" won't change that.

I'm aware we're gonna waste another year 'Running it Back with Rodgers' (the catchphrase for 2024), with no one held to account for all our ongoing failure, likely with Zach back (amazingly) as the #2 again.  If you think that is the difference between this team today, and a Super Bowl team, I'm just gonna have to go ahead, and disagree.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Warfish said:

More of the same questionable fact-basis optimism, my friend.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't buy in.

The no-change, love-everything-the-team-does folks say this every single year.  This year we're a Super Bowl contender.

Then we go 4-13.

Then those same folks resist any meaningful change, even if it's our 13th non-playoff season, or our 5th season under the current regime without a single winning season.  If we're just patient the great GM (great?) and great Coach (great?) and great Zach (wft really?) will show us how great they are!  This year it's just Rodgers instead of Zach.

If you cannot produce a 9-8 year even ONCE in five years, you're simply not a very good NFL GM or Head Coach.  All the "but we drafted Sauce!" or "But we got Rodgers!" won't change that.

I'm aware we're gonna waste another year 'Running it Back with Rodgers' (the catchphrase for 2024), with no one held to account for all our ongoing failure, likely with Zach back (amazingly) as the #2 again.  If you think that is the difference between this team today, and a Super Bowl team, I'm just gonna have to go ahead, and disagree.

I'm not saying you have to buy in. But it's what is going happen so sit back and enjoy the show lol.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Just hand Harbaugh the keys

30 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Give him whatever he wants.

img_0322.jpg

I think this is the obvious choice. Certainly has his warts, but if you want someone who has won everywhere he's been, who will take total control and change the culture -- someone Woody can just write a big check to and say "it's all yours" he's the guy.

I'd tell Rodgers to get on board or retire.

I can see missing out on hiring Harbaugh kind of like missing out on getting Andy Reid after he left the Eagles and the Chiefs got him. Needed another change of scenery but he's just a winner.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

A guy like Harbaugh wouldnt work for an owner like Woody.   Harbaugh is arrogant and has an abrasive personality, not traits Woody likes in his coaches.  It’s not about winning with Woody, thats just an extra.  Woody likes to play with his toy football team, likes to think he's one of the guys, like his team to be talked about as it feeds his ego, and likes to market and sell merchandise & tickets.   

Maybe woody grows a brain and realizes he should have no input in football decisions.  Give harbaugh a $100 million contract to be HC/GM and draft a qb in rd 1

🤣

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I think this is the obvious choice. Certainly has his warts, but if you want someone who has won everywhere he's been, who will take total control and change the culture -- someone Woody can just write a big check to and say "it's all yours" he's the guy.

I'd tell Rodgers to get on board or retire.

I can see missing out on hiring Harbaugh kind of like missing out on getting Andy Reid after he left the Eagles and the Chiefs got him. Needed another change of scenery but he's just a winner.

Harbaugh would be a Bill Parcells type of monumental turnaround move but woody lacks the balls and brains

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All will stay for 2024 but it wont matter.  Aaron Rodgers is ancient and coming off a serious injury.  Rodgers is just delaying the inevitable rebuild we need another year.

It does not get much worse then this.

I dont know a team in a worse spot then the jets.

This

Oh and the 2025 QB class sucks compared to the 2024 class so good luck jets you complete clown car 🙄

Douglas has done a better job than Saleh and deserves to stay. That's not to say that he's done an A+ job, but coaching has been the primary issue, not talent.

Saleh is a gym teacher parading as an NFL head coach. His red flags are obvious to anyone not wearing green shaded glasses. Saleh is in phenomenal shape and looks like he spends an hour a day in the gym. He has seven children. He's a regular golfer, and he still has time to text Joe Beningo every week. And he does all of this while running an NFL Team?

How?

The team has zero discipline and takes horrific penalties every week. The locker room is and always has been a mess (see: Garrett Wilson's rookie year, showing up Zach Wilson on the field after inaccurate passes; Elijah Moore bitching and complaining after a three game winnings streak; Mekhi Becton going public with his disdain for the staff after his injury; Michael Clemons fighting players in the tunnel as Saleh jogs by, etc.)

Shall I go on?

The defense was terrible in year one. Only in year two and three, after Douglas loaded up on that side of the ball, did the defense make a big leap. But that has more to do with the talent than Robert Saleh's coaching. Any NFL coach can figure out a way to get a defense with Quinnen Williams, CJ Mosley, Quincy Williams, Sauce Gardner, DJ Reed, Jermaine Johnson, JFM, and Bryce Huff to be a top 10 unit. It's not rocket science when you have DUDES everywhere on defense. That's on Douglas, not Saleh.

The offense is and always has been awful under Saleh. Should Douglas have addressed the offensive line and gotten another WR? Of course. But even with the injuries, lack of depth, and ineptitude at QB, the baseline performance should still be higher than what it is. And that is on Robert Saleh.

Saleh is not a leader. He's a nice guy who wants to be friends with the players. This team needs a leader and someone who is willing to hold players accountable when they hurt the team. Saleh has shown that he isn't willing to do that. 

What's Bill Cowher up to?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

consistency is the way to go.

God I can’t stand this argument. It’s usually made by people in safe spaces. No consistency when something is not working is not the way to go. All your best business leaders, when need to change; they change. Saleh has been here 3 years, JD 5. This wouldn’t Be an impulse fire. It be a results firing totally justified by woody should he do it 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

God I can’t stand this argument. It’s usually made by people in safe spaces. No consistency when something is not working is not the way to go. All your best business leaders, when need to change; they change. Saleh has been here 3 years, JD 5. This wouldn’t Be an impulse fire. It be a results firing totally justified by woody should he do it 

I'm in a safe space? I have a record of innovation and success.

Here's the recap:

Woody is in charge.

They fire everyone and mess up each time.

Rinse and repeat.

Saleh has built a defense that can win a Super Bowl.

For better or worse. Sala and Douglas got Rodgers here.

If Aaron plays next season at 60% of his average level, this team wins the Super Bowl.

Spend the off season fixing the offensive line 

Those odds are infinitely better than having Woody blow this up and change everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I'm in a safe space? I have a record of innovation and success.

Here's the recap:

Woody is in charge.

They fire everyone and mess up each time.

Rinse and repeat.

Saleh has built a defense that can win a Super Bowl.

For better or worse. Sala and Douglas got Rodgers here.

If Aaron plays next season at 60% of his average level, this team wins the Super Bowl.

Spend the off season fixing the offensive line 

Those odds are infinitely better than having Woody blow this up and change everything.

Im Over the Rodgers is a super hero narrative. To many holes on this team at the moment and they play undisciplined. If Saleh is getting credit for the defense is he getting dinged for having literally one of the worst offense in NFL history? 

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then we go 4-13.

I think one of the things about consistency is seeing if the coach can adapt to the situation he’s been given.  In three season, saleh has had to deal with adversity with the offense.  Okay you can say milfy and/ or Zach were the major issues.  But all three of those seasons has also had olines that were pretty terrible.  You’d think by now saleh would have a clue as to how to deal with a shuffling oline.  Maybe it’s too much to ask from any coach but he’s been arguably getting in more talent at these positions and they’re doing worse.  He’s the guy in the top spot and just hasn’t been very good at this aspect.  And even here, at 4-7, there’s a shot at having a respectable record but after Black Friday, it just doesn’t seem too likely.