Who should be the NY Jets GM and Head Coach???

AL047

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Im Over the Rodgers is a super hero narrative. To many holes on this team at the moment and they play undisciplined. If Saleh is getting credit for the defense is he getting dinged for having literally one of the worst offense in NFL history? 

Yes. He is getting dinged for that. Thanks for asking lol.

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes. He is getting dinged for that. Thanks for asking lol.

Is he though? All I hear you all say is one of the reasons he should stay is because of a this great defense? So bad offense evens it out to a 4-7 team and a coach about to hit 3 losing seasons. I just don’t get keeping him 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Is he though? All I hear you all say is one of the reasons he should stay is because of a this great defense? So bad offense evens it out to a 4-7 team and a coach about to hit 3 losing seasons. I just don’t get keeping him 

If he wasn't tied to Aaron Rodgers he would be fired.

Aaron Rodgers is coming back so blowing the defense up makes no sense right now.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Give him whatever he wants.

img_0322.jpg

Woody Johnson is a cheap bastid who doesn't like paying multiple coaches and not top dollar. And a guy like  Harbaugh will tell him to stay out of the locker room and be quiet. 

Somehow Jets are always coached by a 1st timer with limited options in the lower half of the NFL HC wage scale. It's not a bug, it's a feature. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

My first choice too but no way Rodgers would work with him

Recall Harbaugh was himself a pretty successful NFL QB. But Johnson with his silly ass jewelry is cheap and likes to hang around the locker room and sniff jocks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

You can retain ulbrich and bring in an experienced offensive minded coach. 

Ulbrich?????

Lol. That's great. Haven't laughed that hard since the pretzel story.

And they are tied to Rodgers. They're not changing the offense.

3 hours ago, Jetpain said:

A guy like Harbaugh wouldnt work for an owner like Woody.   Harbaugh is arrogant and has an abrasive personality, not traits Woody likes in his coaches.  Its not about winning with Woody, thats just an extra.  Woody likes to play with his toy football team, likes to think he's one of the guys, like his team to be talked about as it feeds his ego, and likes to market and sell merchandise & tickets.   

Where do you come up with this stuff? Rex was as abrasive as they come and quite a few owners love the attention of the billion dollar team they own… why is that shocking?

51 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Woody Johnson is a cheap bastid who doesn't like paying multiple coaches and not top dollar. And a guy like  Harbaugh will tell him to stay out of the locker room and be quiet. 

Somehow Jets are always coached by a 1st timer with limited options in the lower half of the NFL HC wage scale. It's not a bug, it's a feature. 

Woody is cheap? Woody brought more playoffs wins and deeper runs into the playoffs in his short time as owner than any other JETS owner. Primarily by spending $$$ paying guys like Revis $16m and letting Rex/Tanny go for broke on some aged players.

Woody has shown he will open up his wallet for big names and built a state of the art facility for the JETS. Anyone care to show me some pics of their facilities with Hess? What was life like for players before Florham park?

Woody also brought this team a stadium. Complain about how it looks all you want… on JETS game day it is our own. Not sharing Shea… or Giants Stadium. MetLife is more than anyone could accomplish before Woody. The only thing Hess did for the JETS was pay to have his own company name ON GIANTS stadium…

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If Aaron plays next season at 60% of his average level, this team wins the Super Bowl.

With all due respect I think this is out of touch with reality.

If Rodgers is 60% of his average level this offense sucks again and we miss the playoffs. There are deep, major talent and schematic issues with what the Jets are trying to do on offense.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

With all due respect I think this is out of touch with reality.

If Rodgers is 60% of his average level this offense sucks again and we miss the playoffs. There are deep, major talent and schematic issues with what the Jets are trying to do on offense.

The 60% is just the number I threw out.

I'm just saying if they have an actual offense where the quarterback throws for 35 yards with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions this team can win.

Just now, Maxman said:

The 60% is just the number I threw out.

I'm just saying if they have an actual offense where the quarterback throws for 35 yards with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions this team can win.

I agree. I just don’t see that happening with Rodgers, Saleh, and Hackett. Like, I don’t see a realistic scenario where the 2024 offense is good.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree. I just don’t see that happening with Rodgers, Saleh, and Hackett. Like, I don’t see a realistic scenario where the 2024 offense is good.

I do think they have very big challenges obviously. But in terms of trying to win it all, even if it's a long shot, it's their best bet at this point.

They've made the bed, they're definitely going to have to lie in it for a while.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I do think they have very big challenges obviously. But in terms of trying to win it all, even if it's a long shot, it's their best bet at this point.

They've made the bed, they're definitely going to have to lie in it for a while.

I know why you’d think that but I think this is a failed experiment and overhauling everything should be done sooner rather than later.

This regime bet big on Zach Wilson who is an irredeemable bust. He undermined the core of a successful rebuild. Then they pivoted in a desperation move to betting big on Aaron Rodgers who is a 40 year old who tore his Achilles.

Every single move they made in support of the Rodgers move has hurt the offense and made it worse and has set them back on the “rebuild.” Hackett is atrocious and very clearly worse than Mike LaFleur. Lazard sucks and is clearly worse than Elijah Moore. Randall Cobb isn’t a real NFL player anymore. Billy Turner can’t play. Dalvin Cook can’t play.

Continuing to bet on Rodgers is just fleshing the inevitable and extending this failure — pushing the fix out another year. If that’s the plan the Jets will suck again in 2024 and we’ll just have to wait another year to hope and pray the next guy can fix it.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

More of the same questionable fact-basis optimism, my friend.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't buy in.

The no-change, love-everything-the-team-does folks say this every single year.  This year we're a Super Bowl contender.

Then we go 4-13.

Then those same folks resist any meaningful change, even if it's our 13th non-playoff season, or our 5th season under the current regime without a single winning season.  If we're just patient the great GM (great?) and great Coach (great?) and great Zach (wft really?) will show us how great they are!  This year it's just Rodgers instead of Zach.

If you cannot produce a 9-8 year even ONCE in five years, you're simply not a very good NFL GM or Head Coach.  All the "but we drafted Sauce!" or "But we got Rodgers!" won't change that.

I'm aware we're gonna waste another year 'Running it Back with Rodgers' (the catchphrase for 2024), with no one held to account for all our ongoing failure, likely with Zach back (amazingly) as the #2 again.  If you think that is the difference between this team today, and a Super Bowl team, I'm just gonna have to go ahead, and disagree.

I agree with this. I think the path the Jets are on leads to the #1 pick in the 2026 draft and we will be lucky to make the playoffs by 2027.

I saw the collapse coming and predicted 5-12 for this team in the preseason. Looking like that will be close to true.

Everyone wants to blame Zach but the reality is that the Jets are not even trying on offense. No adjustments no creativity, nothing.

Outside of one game we run exactly the same brain dead offense every game. Not only do we not have the players but teams know exactly how to defense us, And that is all on Saleh. All he cares about is defense.

Saleh is in the running for the worst head coach we have ever had. He is incredibly stubborn. 

But we have Woody so nothing will change. Even when we fire Saleh in 2024 he will just hire another defensive coordinator that is allergic to offense.

Of course the punchline will be how Rodgers treats us next year. I think it is 50/50 he just retires but he will not be super teammate again next year.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Outside of Ben Johnson, who we all know won’t come here, the majority of available HCs next cycle are Defensive Coordinators. 
So unless you’re OK with that again, buckle up to running it back. 

That’s why you interview people on the hush and don’t fire Saleh and Douglas until you have someone better lined up.

We’re not getting a new GM or coach in 24’………..

Just to humor you for your post…..If it were up to me I’d give the Keys to Harbaugh and tell him to pick a GM…..that isn’t happening either so given Woody’s bargain bin shopping habits this would be my Pick:

GM: Scott Peters Niners assistant GM

HC: Ben Johnson Lions OC 

I’d also convince Rodgers to suddenly retire……draft a QB in round 1 with the intentions of sitting him for a year and signing someone like Jacoby Brissett to start but that’s not happening either…..

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

You can retain ulbrich and bring in an experienced offensive minded coach. 

so your going to hire a HC and tell him who his OC and DC is? yeah that always works.

wanted new HC: 

Must allow the QB and OC who is staying to run the offense. and the DC is staying too to run the defense how he wants to.

oh and all candidates must have experience in HC. but you will not be running the offense or defense.

please call Woody Johnson A.S.A.P for an interview

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Douglas has done a better job than Saleh and deserves to stay. That's not to say that he's done an A+ job, but coaching has been the primary issue, not talent.

Saleh is a gym teacher parading as an NFL head coach. His red flags are obvious to anyone not wearing green shaded glasses. Saleh is in phenomenal shape and looks like he spends an hour a day in the gym. He has seven children. He's a regular golfer, and he still has time to text Joe Beningo every week. And he does all of this while running an NFL Team?

How?

The team has zero discipline and takes horrific penalties every week. The locker room is and always has been a mess (see: Garrett Wilson's rookie year, showing up Zach Wilson on the field after inaccurate passes; Elijah Moore bitching and complaining after a three game winnings streak; Mekhi Becton going public with his disdain for the staff after his injury; Michael Clemons fighting players in the tunnel as Saleh jogs by, etc.)

Shall I go on?

The defense was terrible in year one. Only in year two and three, after Douglas loaded up on that side of the ball, did the defense make a big leap. But that has more to do with the talent than Robert Saleh's coaching. Any NFL coach can figure out a way to get a defense with Quinnen Williams, CJ Mosley, Quincy Williams, Sauce Gardner, DJ Reed, Jermaine Johnson, JFM, and Bryce Huff to be a top 10 unit. It's not rocket science when you have DUDES everywhere on defense. That's on Douglas, not Saleh.

The offense is and always has been awful under Saleh. Should Douglas have addressed the offensive line and gotten another WR? Of course. But even with the injuries, lack of depth, and ineptitude at QB, the baseline performance should still be higher than what it is. And that is on Robert Saleh.

Saleh is not a leader. He's a nice guy who wants to be friends with the players. This team needs a leader and someone who is willing to hold players accountable when they hurt the team. Saleh has shown that he isn't willing to do that. 

What's Bill Cowher up to?

No HC can win with JD.   JD MUST go.  We have the worst offense in the NFL in 50 years and you think JD is OK?  4 years to build an Oline and he has failed miserably.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

so your going to hire a HC and tell him who his OC and DC is? yeah that always works.

wanted new HC: 

Must allow the QB and OC who is staying to run the offense. and the DC is staying too to run the defense how he wants to.

oh and all candidates must have experience in HC. but you will not be running the offense or defense.

please call Woody Johnson A.S.A.P for an interview

And P.S., your GM can’t draft for shlt and you will report to Woody directly and if he wants a Tebow type player to sell tickets, you have to eat it.  It’s his toy and be prepared to be unhireable after your short tenure here.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Everyone wants to blame Zach but the reality is that the Jets are not even trying on offense. No adjustments no creativity, nothing.

in Hacketts offense the adjustments and creativity come from Rodgers calling the plays at the Line.

this offense works for one man.

31 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I agree with this. I think the path the Jets are on leads to the #1 pick in the 2026 draft and we will be lucky to make the playoffs by 2027.

I saw the collapse coming and predicted 5-12 for this team in the preseason. Looking like that will be close to true.

Outside of one game we run exactly the same brain dead offense every game. Not only do we not have the players but teams know exactly how to defense us, And that is all on Saleh. All he cares about is defense.

Saleh is in the running for the worst head coach we have ever had. He is incredibly stubborn. 

But we have Woody so nothing will change. Even when we fire Saleh in 2024 he will just hire another defensive coordinator that is allergic to offense.

Of course the punchline will be how Rodgers treats us next year. I think it is 50/50 he just retires but he will not be super teammate again next year.

Reality is there have been too many injuries across the entire offense and it’s crippled everything. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

More of the same questionable fact-basis optimism, my friend.  You'll have to forgive me if I don't buy in.

The no-change, love-everything-the-team-does folks say this every single year.  This year we're a Super Bowl contender.

Then we go 4-13.

Being a fan of the NY Jets is like a life sentence in prison--- after a while, that hairy ass starts looking good.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll never understand why some folks are so doggedly resistant to change, when the current regime has been in place for many seasons, and has a 24-53 record.

Just like the same folks defense of Zach.  No team would have played Zach, obviously bad as he was, for as long as we did, with some fans still demanding yet more.

There is a very odd "no, we must have consistency, even if that consistency is bad!" vibe amongst a population of Jets Fans that I just don't get.  

Consistency is only good if the underlying assets you're being consistent with are worth it.  Ours are not, and they've proven that.

We're literally the laughing stock of the league.  And you think drafting Sauce and Wilson (and damn little else) makes that ok?

Dude someone actually called into Jake show today and tried to justify keeping JD around because he drafted Michael Carter! Yes a slot CB is the reason why why should keep JD along with Sauce and Garrett 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

NYJ football come get some 

• Haha 1

It doesn't matter who the coach/GM is because the issue is a systemic one.

The whole organization needs to be vetted, ownership included (which ain't gonna happen).

The team would need to be moved and rebranded (again not happening)

Until all that happens, it's same-o, same-o.