Who should be the NY Jets GM and Head Coach???

AL047

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I know why you’d think that but I think this is a failed experiment and overhauling everything should be done sooner rather than later.

This regime bet big on Zach Wilson who is an irredeemable bust. He undermined the core of a successful rebuild. Then they pivoted in a desperation move to betting big on Aaron Rodgers who is a 40 year old who tore his Achilles.

Every single move they made in support of the Rodgers move has hurt the offense and made it worse and has set them back on the “rebuild.” Hackett is atrocious and very clearly worse than Mike LaFleur. Lazard sucks and is clearly worse than Elijah Moore. Randall Cobb isn’t a real NFL player anymore. Billy Turner can’t play. Dalvin Cook can’t play.

Continuing to bet on Rodgers is just fleshing the inevitable and extending this failure — pushing the fix out another year. If that’s the plan the Jets will suck again in 2024 and we’ll just have to wait another year to hope and pray the next guy can fix it.

Woody would hire the next guy, so there is no need to even hope that would work. We know it wouldn't.

Joe Douglas is the best chance they have.

Undo all the Rodgers moves, look at the training staff to improve injuries, get a new oline and call it a day.

Those are their best odds.

Woody starting another complete rebuild won't work.

Douglas was hired when Woody was away. Double down on that angle.

• Upvote 1

It's Woody's team.  The only way to get change is to stop buying the tickets. Stop buying the merchandise. Fly the planes over Florham Park with "Woody Clean House".

They will run it back, so no reason to discuss all the possible could be. If you want your changes, figure out a way to buy the team. If not, hurt them in the wallet to get change.

The Starting QB of The New York Jets in 2024 will Be Aaron Rodgers.

If they draft one defensive player in the first 4 rounds, Douglas should be fired on the spot. The 2 best o-line prospects and the best WR on the board, in the first 4 rounds, since they don't have a 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Where do you come up with this stuff? Rex was as abrasive as they come and quite a few owners love the attention of the billion dollar team they own… why is that shocking?

Disagree with you on that.  Rex was easy to like, Harbaugh isnt a real likable person, but he gets results.  The other owners who crave attention also seem to put winning as a bigger priority than Woody thats all.  Woody seems content to win the back pages and win the off season awards. 

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Woody would hire the next guy, so there is no need to even hope that would work. We know it wouldn't.

You’re probably right but if that’s the case we should all give up and stop rooting for this team.

Undo all the Rodgers moves, look at the training staff to improve injuries, get a new oline and call it a day.

Odds for what? I’m not even sure I agree it’s their best odds for making the playoffs — it’s certainly not their best chance to win a Super Bowl. And will Rodgers be okay with undoing all the Rodgers moves?

I mean, that’s the issue with rooting for any bad team. The key decision maker — the owner — never changes. He’ll never make a good hire so we should just stick with our current bad hire doesn’t make much sense to me.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, AL047 said:

Everybody here wants Saleh gone and GM Joe Douglas gone!!!!

Ok Woody Johnson fires them both but who are they going to replace as GM and Head Coach???

Who???

The Jets have a total of 8 draft picks for 2024 and their needs so far are OT, OG, WR, QB, MLB, S, CB.

It is obvious that owner Woody Johnson will not hire anyone that has experience in this league. Look at his past hires all are rookie head coaches and player personnel experience hired to be GMs. The only one decent they hired and built this team was Joe Douglas. Who are they going to replace the GM???

No changes will be made or should they:

GM Joe Douglas & HC Robert Saleh 

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

We’re not getting a new GM or coach in 24’………..

Just to humor you for your post…..If it were up to me I’d give the Keys to Harbaugh and tell him to pick a GM…..that isn’t happening either so given Woody’s bargain bin shopping habits this would be my Pick:

GM: Scott Peters Niners assistant GM

HC: Ben Johnson Lions OC 

I’d also convince Rodgers to suddenly retire……draft a QB in round 1 with the intentions of sitting him for a year and signing someone like Jacoby Brissett to start but that’s not happening either…..

This ^. Finally someone answers the question, every post is just bitching without a solution. 

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You’re probably right but if that’s the case we should all give up and stop rooting for this team.

Odds for what? I’m not even sure I agree it’s their best odds for making the playoffs — it’s certainly not their best chance to win a Super Bowl. And will Rodgers be okay with undoing all the Rodgers moves?

I mean, that’s the issue with rooting for any bad team. The key decision maker — the owner — never changes. He’ll never make a good hire so we should just stick with our current bad hire doesn’t make much sense to me.

This 

and a broke clock is right eventually, wood eventually will stumble into someone competent, keeping the same losers and hoping the get it right on the 6th try is just insanity 

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I’m sure fans can’t wait to see the words Korn Ferry again looking for the new HC. 

Woodys just goes off of other peoples opinions. Every time.
I bet you Rodgers will sit down with Woody at some point and that will be who he listens to the most because he’s the most shiny object in that building. 

• Haha 1

You need an experienced coach like a Cowher, Harbaugh ect to come in like Parcells as president of football operations and have total control the problem Woody Johnson. Your owner wants to have a say until that changes expect rookie HC Rookie GM so until we can figure a way to fire the owner nothing is going to change