This article nails exactly whats going on

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

As I just said in another thread, they're running this entire thing back next year and using injuries as the scapegoat this season.  Everyone is safe.  They're just enduring the season at this point.

Injuries is always the excuse. So when injuries derail next year do they all get a pass again? This is football dudes will get hurt especially o line, rodgers is 40 like what are we expecting to happen next year?

• Upvote 3

It sums up everything but the one person that should be mentioned in all of this is owner Woody Johnson. He should be mentioned as the one that wanted Rodgers and why he pushed for the hiring of offensive coordinator Hackett and the signing of Lazard and Cobb to the team. 

The only thing that changed from snap 6 to the Raider game, was the o-line being decimated from injury... again.

The offense was good enough to win games and control the line of scrimmage.  Just like it was last year too until the line was on its 3-4th stringers across the board.  Wilson then gets all the blame after getting hammered for weeks behind guys that shouldn't be playing.

Does Zach hold the ball too long?  Yes because he knew with our defense if he didn't turn the ball over they had a chance.  Now with all the injuries, they can't run the ball or pass protect anymore.

Rodgers would be shellshocked, or hurt by now, behind this unit.

How can a team have so many injuries two years in a row?

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

Some truth in the nbc piece.  The nfl is all about making money and should keep salehs job safe since they have all of these built in excuses.  But then there’s why Rodgers was so keen on joining the jets.  It sounds like saleh was giving free rein for Rodgers to run the offense with Hackett.  To me that’s even doubly a reason for him to be launched.  Any head coach could be told by Douglas or woody to keep his hands off the offense and Rodgers.  Saleh did it willingly because he doesn’t appear to know offense that well.  As for the comments about Lazard, Boyle, Cobb, just what team wouldn’t bring in players that know a particular offense to help out. Of those guys only Lazard isn’t doing as well as planned.  The rest of those guys were back ups or depth players.  And even in lazards case, he might play a whole better playing for Rodgers.

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pretty much this.  They are enduring the season and so are we.  

Worst thing to happen to this team (besides AR's achilles snapping 4 plays in) was winning a few unlikely games early.  It led the regime to believe that you could win games while hiding a QB and to some extent hiding an entire offense.  So rather than make moves before and at the deadline to improve the offense and replace some of the guys who went down, we stood pat.  And now, there is nothing to be done other than endure another 6 games which are likely to look an awful lot like the last 4.

Just another in a long line of wasted seasons.  You would think I would be used to it by now, but I am finding this one to be the toughest to endure as a fan.

At least you have the Bulldogs. 

I'm about to watch both the Gators and the Jets lose out.  lol 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Injuries is always the excuse. So when injuries derail next year do they all get a pass again? This is football dudes will get hurt especially o line, rodgers is 40 like what are we expecting to happen next year?

I expect disaster. 

• Post of the Week 1

Disagree with the article this team is falling apart the fan base will fall apart and is falling apart. That's where the money is.

Even with injuries this team was a great team falling apart their careers perform apart. New star players are falling apart.

Saleh is not a disciplinary coach or finding a way to coach these guys up. Every player is in decline.

You just cannot stay the course. I like Saleh but he's missing some key ingredients.

• Post of the Week 1

I think what Florio “reported” is what most of us known all year.

The for-profit part is the part that most of the fanbase needs to understand and accept and not get so emotionally invested and upset when these things happen.

I’m not saying don’t root for the team. Just don’t let them ruin your day.

image.gif.5d345cde502a829bd2e748ece1f478d7.gif

• Upvote 2

Douglas is going to double down on rodgers for the 2024 season.  Will overpay free agents.  Nothing will be done for the future of this franchise.  Every move will be made to save douglas and salehs job.

And it will be a disaster and all will go down in flames.

I saw this coming the minute rodgers was signed.  What a nightmare.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

It led the regime to believe that you could win games while hiding a QB and to some extent hiding an entire offense.  Just another in a long line of wasted seasons.  You would think I would be used to it by now, but I am finding this one to be the toughest to endure as a fan.

If the regime believed this, then the regime has to go because the regime is comprised of some serious brain damage, super inflated egos or both.  They gambled on Wilson yet again.  They lost yet again.  They learned NOTHING from the past 2 years' failures with Zach.  They allowed this incompetent to be the back up QB on a win-now team.   

It is beyond imagination just how bad JD is by making that decision.  My only hope that JD has even half a brain is the possibility that Woody forced the decision to not obtain a legit backup for Rodgers.  But if that was JDs decision alone, that makes him perhaps one of the 3 worst GMs in the league.  It's an unforgiveable mistake AFAIC.  

JD brings NOTHING unique or special to the table guys other than his good, almost snake-oil salesman-good, bargaining/trading skills.  His personnel evaluation is horrid.  And because of that, he absolutely sucks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And here is the most compelling part of that piece:

"So what if he turns 40 next Saturday? So what if having a torn Achilles can make someone more susceptible to another one? So what if he’s old enough to have all sorts of other injuries, especially unless major renovations are performed on the offensive line?

None of that matters because, frankly, the Jets are a for-profit business. While it would be great to win another Super Bowl, Lombardi Trophies don’t keep the lights on. Having a real sense of hope among the fan base that the pursuit might end in one does.

And that’s the bottom line. The bottom line. Rodgers being associated with the team is good for business"

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pretty much this.  They are enduring the season and so are we.  

Worst thing to happen to this team (besides AR's achilles snapping 4 plays in) was winning a few unlikely games early.  It led the regime to believe that you could win games while hiding a QB and to some extent hiding an entire offense.  So rather than make moves before and at the deadline to improve the offense and replace some of the guys who went down, we stood pat.  And now, there is nothing to be done other than endure another 6 games which are likely to look an awful lot like the last 4.

Just another in a long line of wasted seasons.  You would think I would be used to it by now, but I am finding this one to be the toughest to endure as a fan.

the KC game killed the season. if Zach played like he did the past 2 weeks vs Dallas and NE we would have traded for somebody. instead he had maybe his best game and suckered everyone into thinking he finally turned a corner ...again.

Yeah that article sums up everything nicely. 

What he didn’t say is that Jets fans deserve a lot of the blame for all this for buying into the Rodgers strategy like a bunch of lemmings. 

Fans are suckers for big names and boy did they get suckered in by Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas on this trade.  Just like they’re being suckered about Davante Adams.  

This will go down in history as the Dark Ages for the Jets and their fans and we have no idea when the misery is going to end. 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Rodgers being associated with the team is good for business

I’m not sure this is the case anymore. Seems like this is the week that everyone, including Florio in this very article, finally tumbled to the fact that at least half of this team’s problems are downstream of the Rodgers deal.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Yeah that article sums up everything nicely. 

What he didn’t say is that Jets fans deserve a lot of the blame for all this for buying into the Rodgers strategy like a bunch of lemmings. 

Fans are suckers for big names and boy did they get suckered in by Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas on this trade.  Just like they’re being suckered about Davante Adams.  

This will go down in history as the Dark Ages for the Jets and their fans and we have no idea when the misery is going to end. 

Yup.  The upcoming adams trade will be a total disaster.  As will aaron jones, baktari and the rest of rodgers friends he will bring in.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not sure this is the case anymore. Seems like this is the week that everyone, including Florio in this very article, finally tumbled to the fact that at least half of this team’s problems are downstream of the Rodgers deal.

Downstream of the Rodgers injury.  Not the Rodgers plan. We saw yet another Achilles blow-out on the MetLife field yesterday. 

It was bad luck for the Jets.  All involved in the Rodgers deal may have considered that he may miss some time, but I can't see anyone thinking he'd bust his ass four plays into the season.