I Hate This Team

Smashmouth

Hard not to. The vibes were at an all time high in August and people were finally allowing themselves to be fans again - rooting for wins and not hyper analyzing everything with a microscope. Then everybody got collectively kicked in the nuts 4 plays in and things spiraled as we all knew it would by halftime of week 1. That’s rough and hateworthy 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That seems to be what you believe you heard, but it isn't what anyone actually said.

Guess we'll see this post spammed from you for a while, eh?

Oh lighten up, you guys had your fun spamming the sh*t out of every thread for 3 years blaming everything on zw, if it bothers you that much just block me 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Did anybody actually say that... 

I Dont Think So The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Some of us were tired of Zachs suck and wanted to see a new different brand of suck.

I for one thought that hail mary was a thing of pure beauty in a mangled car crash sort of way.

Up in the air 6 white jerseys in the area 2 black jerseys and then a bunch of fatties falling over trying to stop the inevitable TD.... I along with the rest of America laughed and laughed....

The season was DOA and some of you can’t help but get worked up over spilled milk.

Zach and the rest of this God forsaken QB room belong at the glue factory awaiting processing.

Bringing in a new qb alone does not fix this disaster, it’s far worse than just a qb issue

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Bringing in a new qb alone does not fix this disaster, it’s far worse than just a qb issue

Correct.... who is trying to fix anything.

A vase shatters dont waste your time trying to glue it back together.

Our vase is coming off backorder in sept 2024. At which point our drunk uncle will knock it over again.

This team isn't in need a few small fixes in order to be competitive... it's totaled and we were only carrying liability insurance.

• Upvote 2

I still say Zach was scapegoated this year.  (He legit stunk years 1 and 2 but showed real improvement in year 3).  

I question if AR8 could've won with this pathetic supporting cast.  We have a horrible OL (that has been completely overrun several times this year) and only 1 WR. 

Lazard was supposed to make a big contribution this year and Cobb was supposed to add something too.  Now they're both healthy scratches and we have a freaking punt returner (Gipson) as our WR2, for crying out loud!  lol

At least Brownlee finally got a shot yesterday (after they benched Zach, of course) and showed some signs of life.

I felt bad for Boyle yesterday but I guess those are the types of situations where a guy of his caliber is going to be the starting QB.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still say Zach was scapegoated this year.  (He legit stunk years 1 and 2 but showed real improvement in year 3).  

I question if AR8 could've won with this pathetic supporting cast.  We have a horrible OL (that has been completely overrun several times this year) and only 1 WR. 

Lazard was supposed to make a big contribution this year and Cobb was supposed to add something too.  Now they're both healthy scratches and we have a freaking punt returner (Gipson) as our WR2, for crying out loud!  lol

At least Brownlee finally got a shot yesterday (after they benched Zach, of course) and showed some signs of life.

I felt bad for Boyle yesterday but I guess those are the types of situations where a guy of his caliber is going to be the starting QB.

Zach himself said he was not scapegoated. He knows he played badly.

That being said, this is a terrible supporting cast. You know that by the fact that the Jets took a huge hit with Corey Davis' retirement. It's hard to say if Rodgers could be successful with it. That's something we will find out next season.

I wish Zach the best next season but he just isn't a fit for the CS or the team on the NY Jets.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hex said:

That being said, this is a terrible supporting cast. You know that by the fact that the Jets took a huge hit with Corey Davis' retirement. It's hard to say if Rodgers could be successful with it. That's something we will find out next season.

I wish Zach the best next season but he just isn't a fit for the CS or the team on the NY Jets.

I might be wrong but I think he might've just been trying to play the good soldier (especially after last year's "the offense didn't let down the defense" debacle).

JD (if he's around) is going to have to make major upgrades to the supporting cast this offseason.  The 1st and 3rd round picks will be used for offense and I'm sure he'll sign a couple of free agents as well.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That is all 

We did not have to do this, again. Everything is a repeat of last year-- which was a disaster. This year is actually worse. At least Mike White gave us a little bit of excitement for a month. Even though we didn't win, the offense didn't look like a dumpster fire. MLF was a better OC, too. We clearly won't get a spark from Tim Boyle. 

JD had from January 2023 until September, nine months, to make things better, and he actually made things worse. His draft picks were incoherent. the trade for AR reeked of desperation, and Green Bay played it so well. The trajectory of the draft was doomed because of that "minor" move of switching draft spots with GB. We won't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, or 2025, either (more opportunity cost). 

The very notion that JD is going to be making all the off-season decisions again, including the draft, is enough to make me bail. 

I get it, Woody will just replace him with Dick Steinberg or Terry Bradway. 

But any Jets fan with any dignity left, cannot be ok with JD being rewarded with another season, perhaps a new contract. Anybody who abides by that, I've lost all respect for.

Hopefully, before the start of the next season, I'll be relocated to South Jersey and mercifully out of the Jets broadcast region. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1