Until we can fire the owner nothing will Change

nyjets1969

Agreed tries to fools people every year with his BS marketing of this team. Which I am sure he has hired the  best. Look at 1JD, great job by them but what bullsh*t. Funny it’s a Jet Blue production. All the celebrities and distractions when winning teams shut up and put their heads down and work. Jets are the Offseason darlings and  in season chumps/laughing stock of the NFL. We just keep feeding the monkey.

Leon Hess was a disaster until he got so old and tired of losing he gave Parcells a blank check, then he kicked the bucket and everyone left. 

Hess thought so little about the jets that he insisted in his will that the team be sold when he died, he didn’t want his kids to have to deal with it lol 

ownership change could be 20 years away and it just might go to his son 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody brought Wilson back. 

Even if this were true — and we have no way of knowing this — did he also tell the GM he’d be fired if he signed a real QB after Rodgers went down?

He forbade Douglas from trading for Dobbs or signing Wentz?

I don’t buy it.

This is all about the GM wanting to live and die with ZW.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BP said:

This is the farthest from the truth. He really cared about the fans. He moved them out of Ny because of that sh*thole shea stadium. 

Pre season tix were free to season ticket holders and you would immediately get a refund for playoff tix if the jets didn’t have a home playoff game. These perks are now long gone.

Hesz didn’t meddle at practices or on draft day, he just went to games because he had a business to run.

Woody Johnson is an adult child who’s never had a job and never been held accountable his entire life. Think about that. And this idiot is running the Jets.

Hess had 5 home playoff games. Woody has one (21 years ago) and the longest playoff drought in sport’s history 

Silly millennials and their revisionist history. 

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9lp0mazghi32xbdl555m5

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, BP said:

This is the farthest from the truth. He really cared about the fans. He moved them out of Ny because of that sh*thole shea stadium. 

Pre season tix were free to season ticket holders and you would immediately get a refund for playoff tix if the jets didn’t have a home playoff game. These perks are now long gone.

Hesz didn’t meddle at practices or on draft day, he just went to games because he had a business to run.

Woody Johnson is an adult child who’s never had a job and never been held accountable his entire life. Think about that. And this idiot is running the Jets.

Hess had 5 home playoff games. Woody has one (21 years ago) and the longest playoff drought in sport’s history 

Let me add from a 2004 Times article on The Lucky Sperm Club Clown himself: 

"The unvarnished Johnson is revealed, though, in his early business experiences. His Jets biography mentions the cable business in Florida, but not the real estate deals. Research in Florida shows those dealings were marred by a bitter fight with Spielvogel, charges of fraud in civil suits by at least two condo buyers and a ruling that held Johnson in contempt of court in a dispute over his personal condo fees.

For a time, Johnson wore long blond hair and a Fu Manchu mustache. It was the 1970's, after all, and he was always the richest young man around. In a deposition, he listed his occupation as construction.

Spielvogel, a hustling real estate developer from Long Island, was Johnson's partner for four years in ventures named Woodric Enterprises, after their middle names.

"The first time I met him, he had his zipper open and sandals on, long straggly hair," Spielvogel said. "I didn't know who he was." They went out drinking, hit it off, and when they next met, Johnson was zipped up, wearing a tie and arriving by private plane, wowing Spielvogel's teenage secretary.

"He comes in and first thing out of his mouth was, 'My family and I checked you out, and I want to do 'bidness' with you,"' Spielvogel said. "He said, 'You didn't have any family money; you did it on your own.' And basically: 'Teach me. I'll give you 10 percent of the first deal and 25 percent of every deal thereafter if you just sell your operations in New York and move to Florida.' And that's basically what I did."

Read the whole article here- https://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/11/sports/football/behind-the-jets-a-private-man-pushes-his-dream.html

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NJ said:

"The unvarnished Johnson is revealed, though, in his early business experiences. His Jets biography mentions the cable business in Florida, but not the real estate deals. Research in Florida shows those dealings were marred by a bitter fight with Spielvogel, charges of fraud in civil suits by at least two condo buyers and a ruling that held Johnson in contempt of court in a dispute over his personal condo fees.

For a time, Johnson wore long blond hair and a Fu Manchu mustache. It was the 1970's, after all, and he was always the richest young man around. In a deposition, he listed his occupation as construction.

Spielvogel, a hustling real estate developer from Long Island, was Johnson's partner for four years in ventures named Woodric Enterprises, after their middle names.

"The first time I met him, he had his zipper open and sandals on, long straggly hair," Spielvogel said. "I didn't know who he was." They went out drinking, hit it off, and when they next met, Johnson was zipped up, wearing a tie and arriving by private plane, wowing Spielvogel's teenage secretary.

"He comes in and first thing out of his mouth was, 'My family and I checked you out, and I want to do 'bidness' with you,"' Spielvogel said. "He said, 'You didn't have any family money; you did it on your own.' And basically: 'Teach me. I'll give you 10 percent of the first deal and 25 percent of every deal thereafter if you just sell your operations in New York and move to Florida.' And that's basically what I did."

Read the whole article here- https://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/11/sports/football/behind-the-jets-a-private-man-pushes-his-dream.html

Holy crap! Nice find! 

Joker Lol GIF by Global Esports

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NJ said:

Great find John! Well done! :rl: 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Even if this were true — and we have no way of knowing this — did he also tell the GM he’d be fired if he signed a real QB after Rodgers went down?

He forbade Douglas from trading for Dobbs or signing Wentz?

I don’t buy it.

This is all about the GM wanting to live and die with ZW.

Pauline did have it as Woody making the decision 

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He hires the people who make those decisions.  

Let’s do a Kevin check

1) He constantly claims that MetLife is the greatest stadium and the loudest one in the history of stadiums. His motto is PACKED and LOUD. But, every year he starts a thread in this very forum before a big game begging people to show up and be…LOUD.

2)Kevin blames all the false starts and undisciplined play on Joe Douglas.

3)Jets raised ticket prices and Kevin will gleefully send that check in priority mail to his beloved woody.

4)Kevin is about 140lbs soaking wet with change in his pockets and challenges 300lb Joe Douglas to a fist fight after another (can’t keep track) embarrassing night game loss on national tv.

Is that enough Kevin for you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I know he's a billionaire, but something to consider going forward (and a possible reason for the 2024 season ticket demand during this season) is that RWJ is in the middle of a 5 month RN contract strike. That's got to be costing them quite a bit of money given the rate of travel/agency RN pay nowadays. 

Know what you are good at and stay in your lane. Woody cannot do that. He loves the bright lights and acclamation that he is a part of something big.

Can we ask that Woody goes away? No, that is unrealistic. But, someone needs to let Woody know what he is good at and what he is not. What he is good at is realizing his inherited wealth, and distributing that. And that is fine. Continue your marketing machine and trying to be a genius on that side.

Simultaneously, realize that you should NOT be a pro personnel evaluator. Hire someone that can lead the football operations side. Yes, that position reports to you. But listen to that position as someone guides the football play part of the business. It is NOT for neophytes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Woody absolutely meddles in personnel decisions.  The Tebow trade was the first and biggest example 

To sell… jerseys lmao

that trade gave Sanchez only two downs to get a 1st down because Tebow play was a waisted down.

The Jets are a dumb organization from top to bottom and everyone knows it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BP said:

To sell… jerseys lmao

that trade gave Sanchez only two downs to get a 1st down because Tebow play was a waisted down.

The Jets are a dumb organization from top to bottom and everyone knows it.

This franchise fell off a cliff that day.  I literally couldn’t believe it when I heard it on the radio.  No way not even the jets do something that laughably stupid

Jets went 8-8 and missed the playoffs in 2011.  Disappointing but since then we have gone 8-8 once and had one winning season and zero playoff appearances.  Saleh can’t sniff a .500 season

The Tebow Trade was Woody signaling he had become Unofficial VP of football operations 

13 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

I know he's a billionaire, but something to consider going forward (and a possible reason for the 2024 season ticket demand during this season) is that RWJ is in the middle of a 5 month RN contract strike. That's got to be costing them quite a bit of money given the rate of travel/agency RN pay nowadays. 

$55.00 an hour to start. The pay is insane. I should have become a nurse at 20 years old