Nothing will ever help.

Jet_Engine1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I wasn’t a big McCarthy fan and I don’t think we would have win a Super Bowl with him. However, the second most important of that hire was Darnold’s development.

I do think McCarthy would have gotten Sam developed into a good solid starter, maybe not All-Pro elite but I think he would have been “the guy” a good team can win with.

It's water under the bridge now, but if JD played his cards right, he keeps Darnold, and trades down with the 49ers. 

Oh well. Over and done with. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I wasn’t a big McCarthy fan and I don’t think we would have win a Super Bowl with him. However, the second most important of that hire was Darnold’s development.

I do think McCarthy would have gotten Sam developed into a good solid starter, maybe not All-Pro elite but I think he would have been “the guy” a good team can win with.

McCarthy understood how to implement an Offensive System and develop a QB. Everything else was just trimming. 

Oh well. At this point, even If the Jets somehow managed to draft the next "Consensus bestest top QB project ever", I would fully expect all of his fingers to fall off in July from Acute Black Finger gonorrhea-24 or something.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

McCarthy understood how to implement an Offensive System and develop a QB. Everything else was just trimming. 

Oh well. At this point, even If the Jets somehow managed to draft the next "Consensus bestest top QB project ever", I would fully expect all of his fingers to fall off in July from Acute Black Finger gonorrhea-24 or something.  

The Cowboys under McCarthy have  a top 5 win/loss record. And I think Dak Prescott was a 4th round pick.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

You started a few years too late.  Shula leaving the field uncovered during a deluge in 82. 

Or maybe even going back to either 70 or 71 when our QB tried to make a tackle after a fumble.  In a preseason game.  And tore up his knee.

I wish Walt Michaels wasn't fired. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jets stop the Browns to win... here comes Ganstineau...

Parcells builds a team over the course of 2 years,  ready to go all the way in 1999... boom goes Vinny, game 1.

Pennington falls to 17, Jets get the perfect guy to groom behind 40 year old Vinny, pop goes the shoulder.

Jets somehow Go toe to toe with the Cowher Steelers... Doug Brien misses.

Rex Ryan constructs a team with an identity purely built on Defense with a young game manager QB and running game.... QB plays well, Defense sh*ts the bed.

After a few years of more total futility, Consensus top QB Sam Darnold slips to #3. Jets draft him, pair him with glorified DC Todd Bowles and a constant rotation of OC's, hampering his development.

Jets fire Bowles and seek an Offensive minded Head Coach. Established professional Football Coach and Lombardi Ring wearer shows up, gives an 7 hour presentation on the staff he has lined up, his offensive philosophy,  and a plan to fix Sam Darnold. Jets hire coked up psychopath Adam Gase, who has no OC or QB Coach to work with Darnold. Boom goes Darnold.

Jets make the same exact decision chain as 1 admin prior, hire a Defensive Coordinator,  trade Darnold, and draft a raw rookie QB. They hire a full support staff to develop the QB,  centered around Experienced and respected QB Coach Greg Knapp..... 🙏 

Jets spend 2 first rounders over a 3 year span on O Line. They are both injury prone panes of glass.

Jets manage to intice Aaron Rodgers to play for them. He lasts 4 plays into the season. 

Nothing will ever help. Even "good" decisions go to sh*t. This is what it is, now and forever. 

I expect nothing good to ever happen for the franchise or its fans. Ever.

Well we could get a new off coordinator capable of calling a game. That would help

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jets stop the Browns to win... here comes Ganstineau...

Parcells builds a team over the course of 2 years,  ready to go all the way in 1999... boom goes Vinny, game 1.

Pennington falls to 17, Jets get the perfect guy to groom behind 40 year old Vinny, pop goes the shoulder.

Jets somehow Go toe to toe with the Cowher Steelers... Doug Brien misses.

Rex Ryan constructs a team with an identity purely built on Defense with a young game manager QB and running game.... QB plays well, Defense sh*ts the bed.

After a few years of more total futility, Consensus top QB Sam Darnold slips to #3. Jets draft him, pair him with glorified DC Todd Bowles and a constant rotation of OC's, hampering his development.

Jets fire Bowles and seek an Offensive minded Head Coach. Established professional Football Coach and Lombardi Ring wearer shows up, gives an 7 hour presentation on the staff he has lined up, his offensive philosophy,  and a plan to fix Sam Darnold. Jets hire coked up psychopath Adam Gase, who has no OC or QB Coach to work with Darnold. Boom goes Darnold.

Jets make the same exact decision chain as 1 admin prior, hire a Defensive Coordinator,  trade Darnold, and draft a raw rookie QB. They hire a full support staff to develop the QB,  centered around Experienced and respected QB Coach Greg Knapp..... 🙏 

Jets spend 2 first rounders over a 3 year span on O Line. They are both injury prone panes of glass.

Jets manage to intice Aaron Rodgers to play for them. He lasts 4 plays into the season. 

Nothing will ever help. Even "good" decisions go to sh*t. This is what it is, now and forever. 

I expect nothing good to ever happen for the franchise or its fans. Ever.

Agreed.  And even though there are plenty of things to point to, maybe the craziest thing was the death of Greg Knapp.

• Sympathy 1

It’s unreel the bad decisions made by this organization & bad luck this team has since Namath. If it’s not one, then the other or sometimes both.

Passing on McCarthy is the dumbest move by this team. He was a Super Bowl winning coach, possibly could have turned Darnold around and build an NFL offense. Instead they hired that moron Gase, set the organization back so badly and he was a POS as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It was an offseason of collective magical delusion. 

On the risk curve, an aging Rodgers, with his buddy coach and buddy football players...was way out there.

The chances of that playing out with a Jets oline built on sand., were marginal.

Ultimately there is no hope without a better scouting system and a better GM.  That is where the core rot is.

• Upvote 1

It was an offseason of collective magical delusion. 
On the risk curve, an aging Rodgers, with his buddy coach and buddy football players...was way out there.
The chances of that playing out with a Jets oline built on sand., were marginal.
Ultimately there is no hope without a better scouting system and a better GM.  That is where the core rot is.
On the plus side I've read The Jets are sponsoring a killer women's flag football team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk