Lead Up To Jets/Falcons Game

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think losing this game would completely break this iteration of the Jets. The Falcons have a terrible quarterback, but they’re a physical team across the board. Matchup-wise, the Jets should be able to win a rock fight like this. If they go out and get their ass kicked, it’ll be because various portions of the team have quit. And if they quit, Saleh has to go. 

Yes, agreed. I just can't see them scoring more than 10 points a game. I think Atlanta is going to run the ball successfully and they are in contention. We lose.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

If we don't win this game, then it looks good for 4-13. I looked at some schedules from the teams ahead of us right now. There is a good possibility we could get all the way down to 4th pick. Right after the Pats.

That Pats game might be for the better pick. That'll be the one we finally win and they'll end up with a FQB as a result.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think losing this game would completely break this iteration of the Jets. The Falcons have a terrible quarterback, but they’re a physical team across the board. Matchup-wise, the Jets should be able to win a rock fight like this. If they go out and get their ass kicked, it’ll be because various portions of the team have quit. And if they quit, Saleh has to go. 

Yea, if you can’t beat Atlanta at home then you might as well get that interim boost thing going now and upgrade HC a bit earlier than anticipated 

woody can start throwing money at any offensive coach Mr Rodgers desires 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if you can’t beat Atlanta at home then you might as well get that interim boost thing going now and upgrade HC a bit earlier than anticipated 

woody can start throwing money at any offensive coach Mr Rodgers desires 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can’t fire Saleh without completely cleaning house 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That Pats game might be for the better pick. That'll be the one we finally win and they'll end up with a FQB as a result.

Possible but I doubt it. The remaining Pats schedule is this:

Chargers at home  This maybe the only chance for a win before us.

Pittsburgh away

Chiefs at home

Broncos away

Bills at home

Jets at home

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Boyle will again struggle vs Falcons he'll be benched in 2nd half for Siemien who will turn things around move the offense and win the game. Wishful thinking why not. 

Well wishful thinking for me is whatever they do, or play at QB, makes no difference and we lose out. If we get the 4th pick; that would be huge, especially for trading back. Although JD, if he's still there, never does.

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Well wishful thinking for me is whatever they do, or play at QB, makes no difference and we lose out. If we get the 4th pick; that would be huge, especially for trading back. Although JD, if he's still there, never does.

It actually wouldn’t be bad having 2 1st in 2025 but trade back and give yhis bozo more picks to mess up?

It all sounds exciting until you remember we have a bingo ball machine drafting players 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Independent of the Rodgers factor, Saleh would already have one foot in the grave. Losing to the Falcons at home should, at the very least, strip away any excuses for him. Three years of late season collapses can’t all be pinned on the quarterback. 

Splitting hairs, maybe, but 2021 wasn’t a late-season collapse; that team sucked from the jump (and everyone knew it would).

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Splitting hairs, maybe, but 2021 wasn’t a late-season collapse; that team sucked from the jump (and everyone knew it would).

Anyway, it doesn’t matter; the point stands. Yeah yeah yeah Wilson sucks yeah yeah yeah White got hurt. Last year the defense spit the bit against Detroit and never bothered getting off the bus in Seattle. This year they no-showed in Buffalo and quit against the Dolphins. At some point it becomes a pattern.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Anyway, it doesn’t matter; the point stands. Yeah yeah yeah Wilson sucks yeah yeah yeah White got hurt. Last year the defense spit the bit against Detroit and never bothered getting off the bus in Seattle. This year they no-showed in Buffalo and quit against the Dolphins. At some point it becomes a pattern.

If I was on that defense I wouldn't bust my butt trying to hold another team to 5 points a game. At some point I say "screw this" and give up. I'm honestly surprised the D held up as long as they did.

• Upvote 3