Zach should get another shot

2 hours ago, Plen T said:

He’s the best QB on the roster and if he shows something can net more in a trade 

Rodgers is coming back regardless

they are not tanking Zach should be playing playing assBoyle is literally useless 

2 hours ago, Plen T said:

As if that’s the first time a player has tripped

what a joke

Looks like it's time to move on to Plen U

• Haha 2

To be honest, as bad as Zach Wilson is at playing quarterback, I'm not sure how much more Tim Boyle I can stomach.  The Jets will be turning to Trevor Siemian shortly, and if he fails as badly as Boyle, I see a path for Zach getting some playing time before the end of the season.

It's not great, but this is where we are.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hex said:

Tom Brady probably did trip multiple times. And they probably didn't show it. And nobody cried about it because in reality, until it's shown, nobody gives a crap if somebody trips when walking around between plays. It has nothing to do with the game.

I also think if Zach Wilson wasn't a bust, it wouldn't bother people to hear them making jokes about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why?  Why should he play over Seimien, for example?

Semien is horrible there’s a reason it’s been all these QB injuries and nobody picked him up

Zach is 8-10 as a starter these last 2 years

Without him they are 2-7, soon to be 2-8.

• More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Semien is horrible

He is.

Yet he is better in every statistical metric than Zach Wilson.

Comp%, 58.9% to 56.6%

Passing YPG:  200.8 to 186.4

TD Rate:  4.0% to 2.2%

INT Rate:  Both at 2.6%

QB Rating:  81.1 to 71.9

18 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Zach is 8-10 as a starter these last 2 years

Zach is 11-20 or .354, with one team and mostly consistent Coaching.

Siemian is 13-17 or .433, on 4 different teams, and rarely getting #1 QB Reps.

Again, Siemian is superior.

So far, you're not making a compelling argument Zach is better or more deserving of starting.  Over Boyle, absolutely.  Not over Siemian.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It doesn't seem like the team is going to do a 180 after removing themselves from ZW. I didn't see his teammates start playing great football last week with him out of the picture. They got their freedom from his terrible play and they were just as bad. Btw Zach was eligible to play on Sunday as a league allowed number 3 if injuries to Boyle and to Siemien. But I don't see him playing again for Jets period. 

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Amazon sold out all of their ad spots for the game, they got a huge audience, and along with the Jets-Bill opener that broke the record for viewers for a Monday night game, the Jets are an unwitting star and a ratings grabber. 

I guess people would have paid good bucks to watch the Titanic sink also.

Well, I remember reading somewhere that during one of the first battles of the Civil War, folks showed up with their lunch to watch a "skirmish". 

• Haha 1

Well, I remember reading somewhere that during one of the first battles of the Civil War, folks showed up with their lunch to watch a "skirmish". 
Men, women, and even children came to witness the predicted Union victory, bringing along picnic baskets and opera glasses. Bull Run soon became known as the "picnic battle." Among the civilian ranks were some of Congress's most powerful senators—many of whom had called for just such a campaign

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

To be honest, as bad as Zach Wilson is at playing quarterback, I'm not sure how much more Tim Boyle I can stomach.  The Jets will be turning to Trevor Siemian shortly, and if he fails as badly as Boyle, I see a path for Zach getting some playing time before the end of the season.

It's not great, but this is where we are.

he passed for 4.7 yrds last week... never thought he was good but WTF.  When you make ZW look better then you know your in trouble. 

1 hour ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Yep, the first major battle, Bull Run/Manassas.  The spectators expected a "blowout" for the Union forces and ended up getting nearly overrun by the battle as they escaped the scene.  The roads to DC (a 7-hour carriage ride back from Centreville) ended up getting clogged up as a result.

There were even food vendors at the event.

8 hours ago, Hex said:

I gotta say, I don't know why they aired a replay of that. It was an embarrassing moment not related to the actual play or game. Shouldn't have made it to broadcast.

And one week later the entire offense made everyone forget about Zach falling. They are such great teammates. 

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Brady used to self sack frequently. It was his way of denying the D the opportunity to hit him. Plus no defender was going to "touch" him down to get the sack and then celebrate. 

Yep. Zach is just like TB12. Exactly. Same exact thing. No context needed. 

😆 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Brady used to self sack frequently. It was his way of denying the D the opportunity to hit him. Plus no defender was going to "touch" him down to get the sack and then celebrate. 

Difference is Zach probably could have done something on that play. He fell for no reason. Brady did self-sack when he was about to get taken down because he had an elite pocket presence and wanted to avoid injury.

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Didn’t appear that way on Friday 

"Better chance" doesn't necessarily translate into winning.

Just means exactly that, "better chance".

Miami is a better team.

Tim Boyle made the mistake of attempting a pass.

A well-programmed robot would never do such a thing.