Zach should get another shot

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mocking you doesn't make me insecure Matt.

I'm entirely secure in my view that the Woody/Jet Blue/Neeleman/Zach Conspiracy theory is worthy of constant, repetitive mocking, along with anyone who proclaims it as truth.

We’re not writing term papers here, go bother someone else for evidence. I live in a world we’re business favors and nepotism exists. Apparently in DC that doesn’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets are a contender with Purdy.  He's better than Rodgers right now.  He's a fast processor with good foot work and highly accurate.  To discount how good Purdy has been is crazy at this point.    

The Jets would bring him down substantially.  He would also bring up the O substantially.  

Purdy is very good but he's also got a lot to work with.  And he's coached by one of the best offensive minds in the game in Kyle Shanahan.

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

DJ Ben-Amie, who used to be on the Jets beat and covers the Texans now, was on Cimini's podcast. Absolutely brutal compare and contrast segment with the two qbs. He also says someone who was on the Jets last year and is playing in Houston now (spoiler: Sheldon Rankins) said the locker room knew Zach wasn't it pretty much right away. There's an anecdote about him not putting in the requisite work. Grim stuff

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach not putting in the work? FAKE NEWS

I don't know if it's true or not about Zach but check out this story about Eli Manning from his playing days.  Eli was another guy who was an "easy target".  He was seen as kind of a privileged hick, whose father helped steer him away from San Diego.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984974

image.png.559758b95e17906b83c8676ef4a809aa.png

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re not writing term papers here, go bother someone else for evidence. I live in a world we’re business favors and nepotism exists. Apparently in DC that doesn’t happen. 

If you're not being sarcastic, the italicized might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re not writing term papers here, go bother someone else for evidence.

You being too stubborn to read and too lazy to cite the sources for your wild claims, again, not my problems Matt.

Support your silly sh*t-posting, or stop sh*t-posting, or ignore me, all are available and valid choices for you if you can't hack it.

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I live in a world we’re business favors and nepotism exists. Apparently in DC that doesn’t happen. 

We also live in a world where stupid ignorant ill informed people think literally everything is a conspiracy theory and require no evidence whatsoever for them to hold those beliefs.  We have every right to push back on this horrid trend in society.

TLDR:  Post silly sh*t, get responded to thusly. 

On a public forum such as this, if you don't want to hear pushback, you can either A. not sh*t-post unsupported things, or B. support your posts with facts and evidence, or C. put your critics on ignore, but know they can still quote you and respond, you just won't see it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You being too stubborn to read and too lazy to cite the sources for your wild claims, again, not my problems Matt.

Support your silly sh*t-posting, or stop sh*t-posting, or ignore me, all are available and valid choices for you if you can't hack it.

We also live in a world where stupid ignorant ill informed people think literally everything is a conspiracy theory and require no evidence whatsoever for them to hold those beliefs.  We have every right to push back on this horrid trend in society.

TLDR:  Post silly sh*t, get responded to thusly. 

On a public forum such as this, if you don't want to hear pushback, you can either A. not sh*t-post unsupported things, or B. support your posts with facts and evidence, or C. put your critics on ignore, but know they can still quote you and respond, you just won't see it. 

I just relayed that Rankins didn’t think Zach was putting in the time and you went overboard again because it goes against your predetermined worldview. 

https://x.com/optimisticjets/status/1611460466043133972?s=46&t=PLexIRqqfCgiOQ-raHkirg

• Upvote 1

To weigh in on JetBlueGate, Zach Wilson and the Zach Wilson Family represent a lot of things that cross over into the Venn diagram of Woody’s interests—proximity to elite wealth, a relationship with a major advertising client, and a beautiful, blonde-haired boy that’d look equally as good on billboards as he does on Woody’s arm at political fundraisers on Staten Island. Remember that Woody doesn’t own the Jets because he’s trying to make money—he owns the Jets because he wants access to cool friends that he wouldn’t have otherwise. If you asked Woody to list all the things he’d want in a QB, Zach Wilson is it (other than being good at quarterbacking). While it might be a leap to say that Zach Wilson is protected by Woody because of the JetBlue partnership, it’s definitely a part of the package that Woody likes and wants to see work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To weigh in on JetBlueGate, Zach Wilson and the Zach Wilson Family represent a lot of things that cross over into the Venn diagram of Woody’s interests—proximity to elite wealth, a relationship with a major advertising client, and a beautiful, blonde-haired boy that’d look equally as good on billboards as he does on Woody’s arm at political fundraisers on Staten Island. Remember that Woody doesn’t own the Jets because he’s trying to make money—he owns the Jets because he wants access to cool friends that he wouldn’t have otherwise. If you asked Woody to list all the things he’d want in a QB, Zach Wilson is it (other than being good at quarterbacking). While it might be a leap to say that Zach Wilson is protected by Woody because of the JetBlue partnership, it’s definitely a part of the package that Woody likes and wants to see work. 

I mean yeah. I don’t think ive ever suggested it being a JetBlue thing anyways. Two big political donor class families working together. People get put in positions all of the time to help their bigger picture goals. Do I have evidence of secret meetings on Sea Island? No. But this Zach thing has gone on long enough where it doesn’t pass the smell test. You think Trump put Woody in England because of merit? Lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I just relayed that Rankins didn’t think Zach was putting in the time and you went overboard again because it goes against your predetermined worldview. 

I'd believe Rankins before believing anything from ZW's "camp" or from Bobby Saleh / Eric Allen / Joe Dougas / "1JD".

At this point, it doesn't really matter.  It's up to the geniuses in Florham Park to figure out a plan moving forward.

The biggest gut punch would be:  since they've ignored the fact Zach Wilson sucks for this long, what's another year of torture in 2024 (and, even beyond...)?

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I'd believe Rankins before believing anything from ZW's "camp" or from Bobby Saleh / Eric Allen / Joe Dougas / "1JD".

At this point, it doesn't really matter.  It's up to the geniuses in Florham Park to figure out a plan moving forward.

The biggest gut punch would be:  since they've ignored the fact Zach Wilson sucks for this long, what's another year of torture in 2024 (and, even beyond...)?

I mean Rankins played with Brees. The coordinated effort to protect Zach has been something. 

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just to be clear Conspiracies involve secrets 

This is not a conspiracy. The facts are all out in the open. It's more like corporate synergy 

Lol, let me know when you find some reference to that amazing "corporate synergy" in Jet Blue's financials and quarterly reports Bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

image.jpeg.1db7c2dd8139ff8b213781dcddc701f6.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, let me know when you find some reference to that amazing "corporate synergy" in Jet Blue's financials and quarterly reports Bit.

Woody was quoted saying he's friendly with the neelemans family... That plus the massive jetblue sponsor deal should be enough 

It's all pretty obvious and above board 

Zach gets special treatment and continues to do so 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Woody was quoted saying he's friendly with the neelemans family... That plus the massive jetblue sponsor deal should be enough 

Zach sh*t it up for 10 games, finally gets benched, Siemian, who's actually thrown TD's and has a modicum of success as an NFL QB, get's benched after 1 Quarter in garbage time.

Seems legit.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did you see the post recently about how his uncle has a new airline and really no reason to meddle with JetBlue contracts and that JetBlue has a big hub near MetLife so it really doesn’t matter who plays there to them ?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Did you see the post recently about how his uncle has a new airline and really no reason to meddle with JetBlue contracts and that JetBlue has a big hub near MetLife so it really doesn’t matter who plays there to them ?  

That's all true just how woody has no involvement with the business of j&j

They still own oodles of stock in these original companies though. 

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You’re assuming that they want Zach’s career to be with the jets. I have to think his entire circle wants him outta here. It’s much more likely that if they were going to meddle that they would be asking for a trade or a release. 

JetBlue’s interest is the people that fly out of JFK seeing their name on a building, not who plays there. 

The fifth largest airline in the United States, JetBlue—founded in 1998—is headquartered in Long Island City, Queens. With its primary base at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

You’re assuming that they want Zach’s career to be with the jets. I have to think his entire circle wants him outta here. It’s much more likely that if they were going to meddle that they would be asking for a trade or a release. 

JetBlue’s interest is the people that fly out of JFK seeing their name on a building, not who plays there. 

The fifth largest airline in the United States, JetBlue—founded in 1998—is headquartered in Long Island City, Queens. With its primary base at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport

I agree and i think that was behind the reluctance to play.  Team wilson wants him out west.  I can see him landing in denver.  

10 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Zach sh*t it up for 10 games, finally gets benched, Siemian, who's actually thrown TD's and has a modicum of success as an NFL QB, get's benched after 1 Quarter in garbage time.

Seems legit.

Josh Rosen has a father who is an orthopedic surgeon. Good money but no one in the NFL cares 

Zach wilson has an uncle who is a billionaire and they move in the same donor circles as woody... That's why Rosen (and almost everyone else) gets their roster spot taken away after a year of sucking while Zach gets his whole rookie deal to break records in futility 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen has a father who is an orthopedic surgeon. Good money but no one in the NFL cares 

Zach wilson has an uncle who is a billionaire and they move in the same donor circles as woody... That's why Rosen (and almost everyone else) gets their roster spot taken away after a year of sucking while Zach gets his whole rookie deal to break records in futility 

Also why when team wilson says he’s reluctant to play, it has momentum.  He’s gone after the season, to denver or Seattle or somewhere out west where team wilson can monitor him better

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Woody was quoted saying he's friendly with the neelemans family.

I'm friendly with people too, doesn't mean I hired their kid to destroy my business for several years ongoing.

.. That plus the massive jetblue sponsor deal should be enough

It's not a sponsorship deal, it's an advertising arrangement.  

So no, Woody having some friendly relation to the Uncle and the Uncles old company (to which he has no control whatsoever beyond his stock votes) doing perfectly normal Hub-area advertising is not "enough" Bit.

And that lays at the feet of JD, who (it seems) all the tin foil hat crowd just want to give a pass to.