Jump to content

Excellent YouTube about Zach (IMO)


rangerous

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I think this YouTube “ Zack Wilson & The Lost Art Of NFL Quarterbavk Developments” from FlemLo Raps, pretty much hits the nail on the head regarding Zach’s performance as a qb to date.  It’s backed up with some pretty nice example and some good reasoning as to why the jets did the right thing by bringing in Rodgers.  Of course this only focuses on the qb position and doesn’t take into account the oline and other player problems.  But I think there are many Zach haters out there and they need to realize that Zach being a hit right out of the box was not going to happen and that he needed bench time.

What needed to happen was for Zach to dedicate himself to golf or tennis some other solo sport where he has no teammates to take down with him.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I think this YouTube “ Zack Wilson & The Lost Art Of NFL Quarterbavk Developments” from FlemLo Raps, pretty much hits the nail on the head regarding Zach’s performance as a qb to date.  It’s backed up with some pretty nice example and some good reasoning as to why the jets did the right thing by bringing in Rodgers.  Of course this only focuses on the qb position and doesn’t take into account the oline and other player problems.  But I think there are many Zach haters out there and they need to realize that Zach being a hit right out of the box was not going to happen and that he needed bench time.

Pretty much everyone knew this except JD and Saleh.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hex, great video!  I like to listen to logic and facts over feelings which this guy delivers on...

Not saying Zach will ever become great but after watching that along with what Rodgers sees in him IMO is worth keeping him around for another season. It would have to be as a # 3 to placate the pitchfork carrying majority which even I, out of frustration, had finally joined 2 weeks back.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yea that was a good watch.....saw it the other day as I watch Flemlo's content and saw the Zach thumbnail LOL.......

The one thing I'll add is that I think sometimes you can just get the pick wrong. Sometimes you just pick someone that doesn't have what it takes to succeed at this level. It happens in every sport......you can have a whole plan mapped out and an entire staff dedicated to the kid but if he doesn't have the skill to succeed it doesn't matter......

In Zach's case, he was severely over drafted because of some combination of Woody and JD falling in love at his pro day. Zach had one good year and it happened in a shortened covid season, with players sitting out, playing mountain west competition, and having 25 year olds coming back from their mission protecting him on the OL.......I don't think he sniffs the 1st round let alone a top 5 pick in a normal recruiting year. It takes more then a rocket for an arm to play QB.......if the Jets had someone who really knows what they're looking at, they would have seen the red flags on Zach...

So while development is important, and the Jets surely lack in that area......you have to pick the right guy....and that leads to the Jets biggest problem regarding finding a franchise QB......over the course of the last few decades, the Jets have had no one in place that knows what they're looking at in terms of evaluating the position

Wait what??  You’re telling me @football guy and the equipment manager’s seal of approval weren’t enough of an evaluation to get the pick right??

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Someone is gonna release a heartfelt Pixar short about ZW’s atrocious QB play next. I just feel it coming.  

Another Toy Story movie, for sure, piggybacking off the success of the London/Toy Story NFL game.  

Here’s a sneak peek of Woody watching the Zach-led offense:

 

image.gif.ea95976956d3138cfd6468708e121cd6.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Yea that was a good watch.....saw it the other day as I watch Flemlo's content and saw the Zach thumbnail LOL.......

The one thing I'll add is that I think sometimes you can just get the pick wrong. Sometimes you just pick someone that doesn't have what it takes to succeed at this level. It happens in every sport......you can have a whole plan mapped out and an entire staff dedicated to the kid but if he doesn't have the skill to succeed it doesn't matter......

In Zach's case, he was severely over drafted because of some combination of Woody and JD falling in love at his pro day. Zach had one good year and it happened in a shortened covid season, with players sitting out, playing mountain west competition, and having 25 year olds coming back from their mission protecting him on the OL.......I don't think he sniffs the 1st round let alone a top 5 pick in a normal recruiting year. It takes more then a rocket for an arm to play QB.......if the Jets had someone who really knows what they're looking at, they would have seen the red flags on Zach...

So while development is important, and the Jets surely lack in that area......you have to pick the right guy....and that leads to the Jets biggest problem regarding finding a franchise QB......over the course of the last few decades, the Jets have had no one in place that knows what they're looking at in terms of evaluating the position

Over drafted from the standpoint that he didn’t succeed right out of the box like a rb or wr or db or even line player would but as the video points out very few of the QBs succeed right off and mostly if they land on established teams.  None of the QBs drafted with Zach are tearing it up but once their respective teams get better they also do better.  The jets have drafted three top five draft picks over the past fifteen seasons and only one went to a semblance of an established team.  The rest were told to sink or swim and Zach went to a team with a newbie staff across the board.

 I think the jets realize they did him a serious disservice and that lead to bringing in Rodgers with possibly two seasons of bench sitting.  We can only hope they bring in additional pieces for next season and that Hackett/Rodgers can produce a functioning offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Over drafted from the standpoint that he didn’t succeed right out of the box like a rb or wr or db or even line player would but as the video points out very few of the QBs succeed right off and mostly if they land on established teams.  None of the QBs drafted with Zach are tearing it up but once their respective teams get better they also do better.  The jets have drafted three top five draft picks over the past fifteen seasons and only one went to a semblance of an established team.  The rest were told to sink or swim and Zach went to a team with a newbie staff across the board.

 I think the jets realize they did him a serious disservice and that lead to bringing in Rodgers with possibly two seasons of bench sitting.  We can only hope they bring in additional pieces for next season and that Hackett/Rodgers can produce a functioning offense.

Some QBs just aren't NFL starting material.....development aside

If that were the case, every QB guru would hit on every QB they work with

Ask Kyle Shanahan how he feels about Trey Lance.....after sitting him for a year 

What have the three QBs the Jets drafted in the top 5 done since leaving the Jets? (We can answer this question soon about Zach) 

Two things can be true at the same time. While I think we've approached developing rookie QBs horribly, teetering on the point of having no plan at all, but also even bigger than that we just got the pick wrong. I don't think these QBs would have done well even in ideal developmental circumstances.......

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as many of you hate ZW as QB, the ZW experiment is not over. Not by a long shot. Next season is yr 4, Zach's last season under contract. JoeD won't pick up his 5th yr, but Zach will most certainly be on the roster. As QB2 or QB3? who knows. 

Woody/JoeD will (most likely) see 2023 as a mulligan (something Saleh is familiar with). 2nd verse, same as the 1st.

Aaron Rodgers is the starter, Zach Wilson is on the bench, under AR's wing, learning the finer points of running an offense with no OLine and no WR2.

Even if JoeD drafts a QB (won't be in the 1st round) the new QB will have to beat out ZW to earn QB2, which probably won't happen.

  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Aaron Rodgers is the starter, Zach Wilson is on the bench, under AR's wing, learning the finer points of running an offense

lol wasn't that supposed to be what happened this year?  How did that work out?

If Zach is back on the roster next season (I don't see it happening) he simply can't be the QB2.  This regime can't risk the exact same thing happening 2 years in a row.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Some QBs just aren't NFL starting material.....development aside

If that were the case, every QB guru would hit on every QB they work with

Ask Kyle Shanahan how he feels about Trey Lance.....after sitting him for a year 

What have the three QBs the Jets drafted in the top 5 done since leaving the Jets? (We can answer this question soon about Zach) 

Two things can be true at the same time. While I think we've approached developing rookie QBs horribly, teetering on the point of having no plan at all, but also even bigger than that we just got the pick wrong. I don't think these QBs would have done well even in ideal developmental circumstances.......

Maybe but if the right coaching isn’t tried then it doesn’t work. Saleh is a newbie coach and brought in a complete newbie staff.  The team needed some serious player upgrading.  If there was ever a qb who didn’t get any support it’s Zach. As for Trey lance, I suspect there was a lot more going on than being able to play qb.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Maybe but if the right coaching isn’t tried then it doesn’t work. Saleh is a newbie coach and brought in a complete newbie staff.  The team needed some serious player upgrading.  If there was ever a qb who didn’t get any support it’s Zach. As for Trey lance, I suspect there was a lot more going on than being able to play qb.

like what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guy’s I finally decided to start sharing my football knowledge in the YouTube analyst space and you can subscribe to my Patreon if you want the best Jets analysis from a guy who was the FS5 on the ‘91 Mahopac Indians football team. 
 

For now, though, please whet your palettes with my first YouTube video, “Zach Wilson is Actually Good And the Haters Are Dicks”:

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Hex, great video!  I like to listen to logic and facts over feelings which this guy delivers on...

Not saying Zach will ever become great but after watching that along with what Rodgers sees in him IMO is worth keeping him around for another season. It would have to be as a # 3 to placate the pitchfork carrying majority which even I, out of frustration, had finally joined 2 weeks back.  

Just for the record, I did not find this video. I only copy pasted the title into Youtube and copied the link to make it easier for everybody else. Thank @rangerous for finding it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...