Some Guys I Might Like for 2024

Warfish

1.  I'll be fine if he is the pick, however.....the one game I watched him close he was flat out over powered a few times which concerned me.

2.  We just drafted a C we should not be drafting another one and then moving this guy or the guy we drafted last year to guard.   Just draft a guard instead.

3. If this guy is a banging power back I would be okay with it, otherwise no.

4. I don't know anything about this player yet but we sadly lack effective 'size' at wr so I would be on board with it.

5. Not a fan of Milton to be honest.   We need to take a QB somewhere in the draft though. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Very early, of course, but I find these guys to be interesting (and needed by Jets) potentials:

1. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame - 6'7" 283, Blue Chip OT prospect, likely available only if we pick top 5-7 or so, and maybe not even then.  But might be the true stud we need at OT.

2. Sedrick Van Pran, OC, Georgia -- 6'4", 310, likely best Center in the draft, likely hard for us to get without a trade up (or down if we don't want to pick high 1st) since we're missing our 2nd round pick.  Comp. to Tippmann, would give both another stud O-lineman, and flexibillity for either Tippman or Van Pran to play C, with the other elsewhere as needed in the interior line.  

If we somehow could get both, O-line of Alt, Tippman, Van Pran, AVT, OT TBD?  Feels like the start of something good maybe.

3. Raheim Sanders, RB, Arkansas -- 6'2", 225, big speedy powerback.  Decent pass catcher I hear too.  Hall/Izzy/Sanders, backfield done.  Some might call that overkill, but an effective run game would do so much for our franchise, especially post-Rodgers.

4. Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State -- 6'6"237, huge but speedy target, good hands I hear, mid-round prospect at current, may rise. I admit, I like big tall WR's.  Well, not Lazard tho.

5. Joe Milton, QB, Tenn. -- 6'5" 236, Bazooka-armed traditional-type QB prospect available in the mid-late rounds, developmental-only (#3 for 2024), no threat to Rodgers (so not an issue to draft later), but could be one of those guys who can be something with that cannon arm with a few years of sitting and watching, especially under Rodgers.

Far too early yet to advocate specifically, these guys will all move up/down as their own seasons go on, and the long offseason before the draft plays it's role and GM's fall in love with combine results and RAS scores, lol.  But these are some names I'm sorta liking early on.

Still need a LB too TBH, but don't have one in mind just yet.

I'm all in on Joe Alt. Keep losing, guys...

Joe Alt is elite, as all Fighting Irish are, but do not sleep on Penn State OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu. The guy hasn’t given up a sack as a college athlete. The last guy to have that kind of production is…. Sauce Gardner. Do not ignore pure production or overthink it like the Texans did with Stingley. Sometimes it’s that easy

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Joe Alt is elite, as all Fighting Irish are, but do not sleep on Penn State OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu. The guy hasn’t given up a sack as a college athlete. The last guy to have that kind of production is…. Sauce Gardner. Do not ignore pure production or overthink it like the Texans did with Stingley. Sometimes it’s that easy

I think the Jets will be in a position to take Alt or Fashanu.    They should do that.   If AR* does anything, it allows the Jets to build an OL before they bring in another QB.  I think the Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and Zach lesson is that you need to have a solid OL before bringing in a QB, and a solid OL can compensate for a mediocre QB.   Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs with a great OL, and the other guys failed.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think the Jets will be in a position to take Alt or Fashanu.    They should do that.   If AR* does anything, it allows the Jets to build an OL before they bring in another QB.  I think the Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and Zach lesson is that you need to have a solid OL before bringing in a QB, and a solid OL can compensate for a mediocre QB.   Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs with a great OL, and the other guys failed.  

I agree.  The only real travesty here is without the 2nd round pick they’re in a bind between addressing wr as well as qb.  There’s going to be qbs taken on day 2 that can help the jets. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Very early, of course, but I find these guys to be interesting (and needed by Jets) potentials:

1. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame - 6'7" 283, Blue Chip OT prospect, likely available only if we pick top 5-7 or so, and maybe not even then.  But might be the true stud we need at OT.

I’d be happy with this pick. I know it’s not an edge rusher and they’re the most important players on the field but this current team desperately need OL. 

Also his weight is closer to 320

@JiF and so it begins 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree.  The only real travesty here is without the 2nd round pick they’re in a bind between addressing wr as well as qb.  There’s going to be qbs taken on day 2 that can help the jets. 

Maybe the Jets trade the 2025 first for a high 2024 second.  

Would be amazing if JJ fell to the Jets at the top of the second.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Move heaven and earth for Michael Pennix Jr. The Jets need a QB take this one that has a faster brain and natural swagger. This kid is a better version of Tua, pin point accurate and should be there around 10. JD needs to prove his worth and find quality lineman in the other rounds.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

QB prospect available in the mid-late rounds, developmental-only (#3 for 2024), no threat to Rodgers (so not an issue to draft later),

It's ridiculous that this football team is run like this

Gee wouldn't want to threaten Rodgers the leagues best bullsh*t artist 

He's done nothing on the field since he arrived and he's still the king of this pillow fort

Joe alt is fine he's like Mike mcglinchy plus a Dad in the pros

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

excited-hockey.gif.6f748b11592689e5865b3a8aa69dcbba.gif

Johnny Wilson is a WEAPON. Massive dude with surprisingly good speed. Alt will go top 5, may be in play if things stay status quo. 

And please,  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do NOT send more picks away for Davante Adams.

Davante will be 32. The best skill players seem to always hit a wall at 32. 

Sign Tee Higgens instead pretty plz. 

• Post of the Week 1

I am all about the OLinemen and the WRs.  Not so much another young RB (unless Day 3 of the Draft).  I think we can find a decent RB2/3 in FA without breaking the bank.  Need to see Izzy get some decent touches before the end of this season to confirm but I think Hall/Izzy/mid-tier FA would be fine IF the OL is upgraded.

Finding the true WR2 for this team opposite Garrett Wilson is almost as big a priority as the OL. Justin Jefferson has been out for about two months in Minnesota and having Jordan Addison has saved them following the Cousins injury.  He's a key reason they're still hanging around the playoff race in the NFC.  Drafted to take some pressure of Justin Jefferson we now see that Addison himself has potential low-end WR1 capabilities.

I hear the clamoring for Davante Adams to the Jets this offseason but I don't want the Jets to overpay for another aging former Green Bay star.  Would rather sign a solid WR3 FA and draft a young WR2 caliber player.

• Upvote 1

As much as I want Drake Maye, the OL needs to be the 1st pick if we don't trade down. Give me the guy from Penn State. I like production, and the fact he plays in a competitive conference. We still have WR on this team that haven't played much this season in Irwin, and Brownlee. For OL and WR, I'd be ok picking up a project QB in the later rounds, and hope he turns into Purdy.

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

As much as I want Drake Maye, the OL needs to be the 1st pick if we don't trade down. Give me the guy from Penn State. I like production, and the fact he plays in a competitive conference. We still have WR on this team that haven't played much this season in Irwin, and Brownlee. For OL and WR, I'd be ok picking up a project QB in the later rounds, and hope he turns into Purdy.

If you’re douglas and your job depends on rodgers playing well next year, your only focus in round 1 is protecting him. Sign a vet wr and hope he doesn’t suck.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

We'll probably get to watch him for the next decade play in New England.  

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Like I said, it's early, but I'd be interested in the why behind the "so awful shouldn't be on a board" comment.

I’ve seen a lot of him play at both Michigan and Tennessee.

Absolute rocket for an arm but horribly inaccurate and zero touch. He plays in a very QB friendly system that asks him to make a small handful of throws to one side of the field and he still sucks.

Just my personal evaluation but I would be completely and utterly shocked if he was an even passable third string NFL option. 

14 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I’ve seen a lot of him play at both Michigan and Tennessee.

Absolute rocket for an arm but horribly inaccurate and zero touch. He plays in a very QB friendly system that asks him to make a small handful of throws to one side of the field and he still sucks.

Just my personal evaluation but I would be completely and utterly shocked if he was an even passable third string NFL option. 

I appreciate it my friend. 

Just for clarity, I'm thinking of him purely as a late-round, #3 type pick.  Not any kind of immediate starter/backup.  More back to my (and others) "draft a QB till you find one" mentality, knowing we're not going to spend a high pick whilst Rodgers in here in NY.  So looking at late-rounder types with some thing I like (In this guys case, the Bazooka and his height combo) without any expectation he will play his first two years, and could be replaced if better options present themselves in subsequent drafts.   2024 Rodgers is the #1, and (if I'm JD) I have a guy like Winston or Minshew or their closest available equivalent as my #2.  No Zach.  No Boyle.  No Seimien.

But thank you for the insight, I'll keep in mind as we go through the offseason, thanks!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just for clarity, I'm thinking of him purely as a late-round, #3 type pick.  Not any kind of immediate starter/backup.  More back to my (and others) "draft a QB till you find one" mentality, knowing we're not going to spend a high pick whilst Rodgers in here in NY.  So looking at late-rounder types with some thing I like (In this guys case, the Bazooka and his height combo) without any expectation he will play his first two years, and could be replaced if better options present themselves in subsequent drafts.   2024 Rodgers is the #1, and (if I'm JD) I have a guy like Winston or Minshew or their closest available equivalent as my #2.  No Zach.  No Boyle.  No Seimien.

But thank you for the insight, I'll keep in mind as we go through the offseason, thanks!

If there's anything I've learned from being a Jets fan, it's that your #3 QB will be your #1 QB by week 7.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah I'm on board with that as a plan. I think I'd prefer a "scrappy intangibles" type (think our own Minshew) over someone so raw particularly because I have zero faith in the Jets to ever develop or bring out the best in someone, but I'm totally onboard with that type of QB room.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

If there's anything I've learned from being a Jets fan, it's that your #3 QB will be your #1 QB by week 7.

Well......you're right, of course.......but I guess if that were the case, at least we'd all enjoy watching Milton throw bombs all game long, lol.

Of course, no we wouldn't....because Saleh, D-Co-HC, wants to win 3-0 ah ffs, this sucks. :( 

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Maybe JD can trade Will McDonald for 2nd rounder. But I don’t think would get that much. He was a likely 2nd rounder last yr if JD didn’t spin a bottle to see who he should take in 1st round.  

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

Just like we got to watch Mac Jones play there for a decade, right?

I was one of the first people on this site to say Mac was a bum.  Even his rookie year when he was doing well, I predicted he wouldn't be their starter beyond the following season.  Admittedly, I was wrong on that prediction but the Pats were basically done with him in the 1st 1/3 of his 3rd season so I wasn't too far off.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One of my least popular opinions:  If the Pats dump Mac Jones, I'd bring him up to Jets Camp 2024 to compete for a #3 spot.

Honestly, why not? Get as many QBs as you can to compete and keep the best 1 or 2. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was one of the first people on this site to say Mac was a bum.  Even his rookie year when he was doing well, I predicted he wouldn't be their starter beyond the following season.  Admittedly, I was wrong on that prediction but the Pats were basically done with him in the 1st 1/3 of his 3rd season so I wasn't too far off.

I was saying from day 1 that Jones had a high floor but a very low ceiling. I didn't anticipate him to suck as bad as he has, but I was right when I said his career would be all downhill from his rookie season.