The most talked about topic on JetNation (All Time)

Maxman

The most talked about topic on JetNation?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most talked about topic on JetNation, all-time?

• Chad Pennington - arm strength?
    • Curtis Martin - stat compiler
    • Herman Edwards - play the game to win
    • Rex Ryan - get a snack
    • Mark Sanchez - those playoff wins
    • Todd Bowles \ Mike Maccagnan
    • Zach Wilson - needs more weapons
    • Aaron Rodgers - live Tuesdays on McAfee's show
    • The Soothsayer - needs no intro

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I went with Chad. Those days were magical. He got so much hate here that his sister signed up on the site, private messaged people, blasting them. (True story).

It was a different world back then, before twitter and facebook.

Wow haha, didn’t know that, but totally believable.  Miss the ACM.

Pennington just another “Fools Gold” Jet QB.  Got to hand it to the guy though for how well he played his hand, with limited physical ability, and being able to load up on tons of money from the Jets that he did not deserve.  I seem to remember that he actually took classes at Marshall in Communications just to up his Con Artist game.  It sure paid off.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Surprised Darnold wasn't an option.  Not sure he'd be the highest voted but he certainly seems like a Top 5 to me at least.  The stories of Maccagnan scouting him for years, he St. Patrick's Day trade up to #3, that first game vs. Detroit, the ups and downs, the "Gase can fix him" era, then the debate about keeping him and trading the #2 pick for a bounty vs. trading him....all soap opera stuff here for years.

Gase should be on there too!

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, NJ said:

Thats hysterical . . . ran down the list and asked myself which one I posted the most about. Immediately hit the pus arm Chad choice and saw it had 80% of the votes 

Where’s the photoshop of a naked ecurb masturbating in a room full of chad Pennington posters? :rl: 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Funny thing about Pennington was when he came back with the dolphins in the Favre year and won the division on the last game of the season in giants stadium this place got invaded with like 100 dolphins trolls. It was crazy that night. I must have banned 50 people that night.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would think the Rodgers stuff generated the most traffic, but that doesn't necessarily mean the most words. 

Wilson was the starter here for basically 2.5 seasons, Sanchez was the guy here for basically 4 seasons (got benched in year 4), and Pennington was the guy (on and off) for 6 seasons. 

I'd say one of those three were the most talked about, simply based on their (relative) longevities. I voted Sanchez, but honestly, it was probably Pennington, just based on how long he was here. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would think the Rodgers stuff generated the most traffic, but that doesn't necessarily mean the most words. 

Wilson was the starter here for basically 2.5 seasons, Sanchez was the guy here for basically 4 seasons (got benched in year 4), and Pennington was the guy (on and off) for 6 seasons. 

I'd say one of those three were the most talked about, simply based on their (relative) longevities. I voted Sanchez, but honestly, it was probably Pennington, just based on how long he was here. 

The traffic # is skewed a little bit by Covid, those days had crazy post counts.

Excellent recap though, I like how you added in the years. That is another reason why Pennington is the winner!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I went with Chad. Those days were magical. He got so much hate here that his sister signed up on the site, private messaged people, blasting them. (True story).

It was a different world back then, before twitter and facebook.

GTFO!!!!  This is really a true story?!

EDIT: I guess it isn't true.  I remember Maxman talking about how members of the Jets' organization have absolutely logged into this site.  I was thinking that this wasn't far off.

• Haha 3