Broncos trading up? Lelie Leaving?

Broncos | Rumor alert: Lelie leaving

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

And give up Denver's 2nd round pick & one of our players!!!

Thank God none of you work for the Jets Front office!

Denver's 15 & 22nd & Lelie for the 4th overall pick and David Barrett.

You're telling me that's a bad deal? Where's this 2nd round pick you speak of? How is this a bad deal?

I would not throw in Barrett. He has decent value, even if 124 doesn't seem to think so.

I like Lelie, though, even if he is a one-dimensional deep threat. A one-dimensional deep threat is still better than anything we got.

I would not throw in Barrett. He has decent value, even if 124 doesn't seem to think so.

I like Lelie, though, even if he is a one-dimensional deep threat. A one-dimensional deep threat is still better than anything we got.

Troll,

Are you telling me that if given the chance you would do a Lelie-Barrett straight up deal? You're losing it man. Barrett is now the #3 corner on this team. There is plenty of CB depth out there in the draft to add behind Miller / Dyson. Barrett Blows man. Comeon. Lelie adds a deep threat and a good #3 /4 option.

Troll,

Are you telling me that if given the chance you would do a Lelie-Barrett straight up deal? You're losing it man. Barrett is now the #3 corner on this team. There is plenty of CB depth out there in the draft to add behind Miller / Dyson. Barrett Blows man. Comeon. Lelie adds a deep threat and a good #3 /4 option.

I would probably do it just because we need more help at receiver than we do at cornerback. Barrett is not nearly as bad as you think he is. He is a solid #2 corner. Yes, he has trouble with speed receivers, but who doesn't? Barrett has shut-down ability when working against a bigger receiver that tries to out-physical him.

Archived