Sign in to follow this  
Smizzy

Name a more pathetic Fanbase than NY Mess fans

I know I can't either. Even Redsox fans aren't that bad. At least they know & understand the game of baseball.

I know I can't either. Even Redsox fans aren't that bad. At least they know & understand the game of baseball.

hmm, the expos fanbase..hahah? who are the expos? Nobody remembers YOUPEEE the expo mascot?

Come on Smizzy, are you mad because the mets have a winning record and the yanks don't...its only the first week. Relax...

No worries, you know the race is still too early to call..

LL

You know why they boo Carlos Beltran on opening day? :eek:

Because they are so envious of the Yankees, so consumed with jealousy, that all rationality has been relegated to dust ... they just live day to day, hoping they can walk in a Yankee world without shame, day by day, and if the Mets don't give them that on a daily basis, just the ability to feel no shame in a Yankee world on that given day, even on opening day, the Met fans feel personally betrayed

You think I'm kidding, Smiz?

THINK AGAIN

Because they are so envious of the Yankees, so consumed with jealousy, that all rationality has been relegated to dust ... they just live day to day, hoping they can walk in a Yankee world without shame, day by day, and if the Mets don't give them that on a daily basis, just the ability to feel no shame, even on opening day, the Met fans feel peronally betrayed

THINK AGAIN

Hammer..are you serious?

Come on now...a yankee world without shame? Do you remember being up three games to NONE against your arch rival the Redsox and COLLAPSING in the biggest Choke job in the HISTORY of professional sports....up 3-0 and losing the next 4 to your archrival...win 1 out of 4 and you probably win the WS...

Now come on...

Please, stop the insanity. Don't paint all Mets fans with the same brush. Simply because a youngin questioned why you used Mo with a multiple run lead game....everyone knew he needed work after not pitchin all week. But to shame all mets fans...that is wrong.

LL

hmm, the expos fanbase..hahah? who are the expos? Nobody remembers YOUPEEE the expo mascot?

Come on Smizzy, are you mad because the mets have a winning record and the yanks don't...its only the first week. Relax...

No worries, you know the race is still too early to call..

LL

Im not mad. I find it amusing how many bandwagon Mets fans have come out of the woodwork to storke off the mets because they started off well.

It's pretty funny. However I suspect they will all crawl back into their holes soon enough.

But to shame all mets fans...that is wrong.

LL

Mets fans shame themselves every time they blast the Yankees. It's like the little,ugly brother bragging to his older,more attractive brother about getting his first piece of ass.

Hammer..are you serious?

Come on now...a yankee world without shame? Do you remember being up three games to NONE against your arch rival the Redsox and COLLAPSING in the biggest Choke job in the HISTORY of professional sports....up 3-0 and losing the next 4 to your archrival...win 1 out of 4 and you probably win the WS...

Now come on...

Please, stop the insanity. Don't paint all Mets fans with the same brush. Simply because a youngin questioned why you used Mo with a multiple run lead game....everyone knew he needed work after not pitchin all week. But to shame all mets fans...that is wrong.

LL

LL, Just keepin it real ... I have never encoutered a Met fan who doesn't get every bit as giddy over a Yankee loss as he does over a Mets win, and I know a slew of Met fans

Having said that, I wouldn't bring up the post season if I were you .. does the 2000 WS ring a bell? ;)

But I don't wanna beat that drum because I like you ... for real ... I think you're a bigtime Yankee hater too, like any other Met fan I have ever known, but I still think you're a good guy

Because they are so envious of the Yankees, so consumed with jealousy, that all rationality has been relegated to dust ... they just live day to day, hoping they can walk in a Yankee world without shame, day by day, and if the Mets don't give them that on a daily basis, just the ability to feel no shame in a Yankee world on that given day, even on opening day, the Met fans feel personally betrayed

THINK AGAIN

Look who's back after the Yankees win a game.

Look who's back after the Yankees win a game.

Common GS, you are the supreme Yankee hater ... can barely figure out who to root for more, the Mets or the Red Sox ... so you know I'm telling the truth

Honest truth, I hate the Mets ... I admit it ... but only because I know too many Met fans not to know how consumed with hatred they are for the Yankees, and that makes me hate the Mets ... not for any petty reasons like jealously and envy, which is why Met fans detest the Yankees

Just telling it like it is, my friend

LL, Just keepin it real ... I have never encoutered a Met fan who doesn't get every bit as giddy over a Yankee loss as he does over a Mets win, and I know a slew of Met fans

Having said that, I wouldn't bring up the post season if I were you .. does the 2000 WS ring a bell? ;)

But I don't wanna beat that drum because I like you ... for real ... I think you're a bigtime Yankee hater too, like any other Met fan I have ever known, but I still think you're a good guy

Hammer,

yes, I must admit...I hate the Yankees. However, I do begrudingly respect a few of them...namely Jeter and Rivera. Why? They show class, they aren't arrogant and they are dependable in the clutch. While the yankee paychecks are huge, to me...Jetes and Mo are the only ones who have earned the money on the current team. You have to admit that since 2000, the yanks have brought in some guys who arent really yank material...you know Paul Oneill and Brosius would have balked at A Rod and his attitude. A-rod is as anti-clutch as their is.

Bottom line, yes, I hate the yanks, but as a baseball fan I do respect what they did from 1996-2000. They were unbeatable then....now, the flaws pop out due to age and the lack of leadership outside of Jeter and Mo.

However, I am happy that the Mets are doing well (initially)and everyone here knows...I dont hide my allegiance to the Mets. As long as I have been a poster here or at the evil empire of JI.com, I have always been forthcoming with my allegiance...HOWEVER, I have respected the yank fans who are knowledgable like MBN007, smizz and you hammer.

So, while i do enjoy your commentary, I will defend what I see as wrong from time to time. I know you can't argue that certain Mets fans like myself and Faba love the mets but we try to keep it as civil as possible..

LL

Common GS, you are the supreme Yankee hater ... can barely figure out who to root for more, the Mets or the Red Sox ... so you know I'm telling the truth

Honest truth, I hate the Mets ... I admit it ... but only because I know too many Met fans not to know how consumed with hatred they are for the Yankees, and that makes me hate the Mets ... not for any petty reasons like jealously and envy, which is why Met fans detest the Yankees

I used to hate the mets because they were good and the Yankees were terrible back when I started watching. But for well over a decade the mets have been an insignificant blurb on the baseball radar. One trip the the series and they were clearly overmatched, went through the motions and came away with a result that was inevitable.

Now this Mets team has some damn good young players on it and in order to get the most out of that talent the Mets FO did the right thing, they hired a Yankee.

My guess is that the Mets will be a dominant NL team for years to come if they just add a couple of legit starters. Not superstars, just good starters. They could start by putting Heilman in the rotation IMO.

Maybe one day I'll have a reason to hate the Mets again but for now they've been upgraded from insignificant to insignificant with potential.

I also think that joining the military and getting out of New York (not having to listen to jealous Met fans while the Yankees are winning) has helped me just a bit as far as easing up and not having so much hatred for the Mets.

No jealousy here sport.

Since Mets inception Yanks have 6 rings to our 2. That 4 ring lead came off your last run which has been over for 5 years.

I don't hate the Yanks or their fans.

You however, were the first guy jumping off the Yankees bandwagon in May of last year only to resurface once back in contention.

Explain to me what type of fan is that?

No jealousy here sport.

Since Mets inception Yanks have 6 rings to our 2. That 4 ring lead came off your last run which has been over for 5 years.

I don't hate the Yanks or their fans.

You however, were the first guy jumping off the Yankees bandwagon in May of last year only to resurface once back in contention.

Explain to me what type of fan is that?

Passionate ;)

And at least I waited till May, which is a month later than Met fans who crucified Beltran on opening day :eek:

Hammer,

yes, I must admit...I hate the Yankees. However, I do begrudingly respect a few of them...namely Jeter and Rivera. Why? They show class, they aren't arrogant and they are dependable in the clutch. While the yankee paychecks are huge, to me...Jetes and Mo are the only ones who have earned the money on the current team. You have to admit that since 2000, the yanks have brought in some guys who arent really yank material...you know Paul Oneill and Brosius would have balked at A Rod and his attitude. A-rod is as anti-clutch as their is.

Bottom line, yes, I hate the yanks, but as a baseball fan I do respect what they did from 1996-2000. They were unbeatable then....now, the flaws pop out due to age and the lack of leadership outside of Jeter and Mo.

However, I am happy that the Mets are doing well (initially)and everyone here knows...I dont hide my allegiance to the Mets. As long as I have been a poster here or at the evil empire of JI.com, I have always been forthcoming with my allegiance...HOWEVER, I have respected the yank fans who are knowledgable like MBN007, smizz and you hammer.

So, while i do enjoy your commentary, I will defend what I see as wrong from time to time. I know you can't argue that certain Mets fans like myself and Faba love the mets but we try to keep it as civil as possible..

LL

That's why I like you, LL, you're up front about your Yankee hatred and you don't make it personal ... the feeling is mutual, my friend ... I respect the talents of individual met players, but I root for the mets to flop, and I can like MET FANS as friends while I hate their baseball team

I have a ton of friends who are met fans, and we ride one another mercilessly, but we remain friends and it's all in good fun

Im not mad. I find it amusing how many bandwagon Mets fans have come out of the woodwork to storke off the mets because they started off well.

I've been going to Mets games with T-Mac for several years, now. I didn't just "jump on the bandwagon".

After the strike, I couldn't bring myself to root for the Evil Empire. To me, they were systemic of not only what was wrong with MLB, but what was wrong with professional sports. I rooted for the Yanks all through the 70's and 80's, through all 5 Billy Martin hirings and firings, through the Danny Tartabulls, Andy Lapoints, and Eric Kerplunks; through the stump Merrills and Bucky Dents-

I went to Yankee stadium when nobody was there.

After the strike, I swore I'd never go back. I swore I would never watch another MLB game. But I couldn't help watching the Mets Yanks series in 2000. And for whatever reason, I found myself pulling for the Mets.

I don't regret it.

:cheers:

Jetmo,Please go back to the NFL forum before you embarrass yourself any further. I can count on 1 hand how many times you visited this forum in the last yr.

"embarrass myself further"?

Moi?

I've been going to Mets games with T-Mac for several years, now. I didn't just "jump on the bandwagon".

After the strike, I couldn't bring myself to root for the Evil Empire. To me, they were systemic of not only what was wrong with MLB, but what was wrong with professional sports. I rooted for the Yanks all through the 70's and 80's, through all 5 Billy Martin hirings and firings, through the Danny Tartabulls, Andy Lapoints, and Eric Kerplunks; through the stump Merrills and Bucky Dents-

I went to Yankee stadium when nobody was there.

After the strike, I swore I'd never go back. I swore I would never watch another MLB game. But I couldn't help watching the Mets Yanks series in 2000. And for whatever reason, I found myself pulling for the Mets.

I don't regret it.

Care to elaborate what the Yankees were doing in 1994 that was so bad?

I mean the Mets were signing guys like Bobby Bonilla and Ricky Henderson, what were they do that was so right for baseball?

Care to elaborate what the Yankees were doing in 1994 that was so bad?

I mean the Mets were signing guys like Bobby Bonilla and Ricky Henderson, what were they do that was so right for baseball?

I wasn't a Mets fan in 1994. I was still a Yankees fan.

I wasn't a Mets fan in 1994. I was still a Yankees fan.

You said after the strike you could root for the "evil emipire" anymore and became a Mets fan, right?

You said after the strike you could root for the "evil emipire" anymore and became a Mets fan, right?

1994? I thought that was 1996? Damn...

I lost some years, there. :confused:

OK, so the Yanks signed Jimmy Key, Wade Boggs, Charlie Hayes, Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez and few other guys and then beat Atlanta in the World Series.

That was a great series, too.

But for whatever reason, I always thought that season was strike shortened. I guess my long term memory isn't any good.

The only thing else I can think is, after the strike, It was the Yanks/Braves series that I couldn't help but watch. I rooted for the Yanks. Then I stopped watching again until the Yanks/Mets series.

When was the year the guy from the CArdinals and Sammy Sosa had a home run race? I know I made an effort to intentionally not watch any games during that season. I knew that was a load of sht. Thats the year I think I really, really, started to hate baseball. Why I blamed the Yankees for it, I still don't recall.

I just know that they make me sick to my stomach and alot of there fans really turned me off, too.

In any event, I've been down with the Mets since 2000. Why is any of this important?

Fck the Yankees.:cheers:

Ham, Smizzy, here is what you don't understand.

Life is all about "self-fulfilling prophecies". What I mean by this, is that when you act like everyone hates you, they WILL hate you because of your attitude towards them.

Yankee fans ASSUME that everyone is out to get them. This paranoia causes "fans" like Smizzy to create threads bashing the Mets. (This goes both ways though, obviously. I'll readily admit that).

So, it's all one big cycle of hatred. Want to keep us quiet? Stop worrying about us! Find it funny that we're "coming out of the woodwork" (when most of us are around all baseball season)? IGNORE US. If, like you say, the Mets go into the dumps and the Yankees end up in first, the teams will have done the talking for you.

So again, if you think we're all just pathetic pests, the best thing to do is worry about your own damn team. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my team's decent start as much as I'd like.

The reason so many Met fans hate the Yankees and their fans-arrogance that some of them display

Ham, Smizzy, here is what you don't understand.

Life is all about "self-fulfilling prophecies". What I mean by this, is that when you act like everyone hates you, they WILL hate you because of your attitude towards them.

Yankee fans ASSUME that everyone is out to get them. This paranoia causes "fans" like Smizzy to create threads bashing the Mets. (This goes both ways though, obviously. I'll readily admit that).

So, it's all one big cycle of hatred. Want to keep us quiet? Stop worrying about us! Find it funny that we're "coming out of the woodwork" (when most of us are around all baseball season)? IGNORE US. If, like you say, the Mets go into the dumps and the Yankees end up in first, the teams will have done the talking for you.

So again, if you think we're all just pathetic pests, the best thing to do is worry about your own damn team. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my team's decent start as much as I'd like.

Holy crap 80. What courses did you take last semester? Me need some of that. Check you out.

haha, nice thread.

It only takes simple math to figure out why the yankees fans are steaming...

4-1 > 2-4

:badmood:

I agree 100% littlejermaine

26 > 2

The reason so many Met fans hate the Yankees and their fans-arrogance that some of them display

See but that's a great misconception, faba

Are Yankee fans prone to bragging incessantly? ABSOLUTELY

But dig this, and I'm being dead honest ... it's not arrogance, it's defiance

It's defiance in the face of incessant hatred ... it's a way of stickin it to the haters

Speaking for myself, I don't have an arrogant bone in my body ... that's the gospel truth ... but I am as defiant as they come when under attack, and as a Yankee fan being under attack in a way of life ... I'm not crying about it, comes with the territory, it is what it is, but from that hatred defiance {not arrogance} is borne, and the haters mistake defiance for arrogance

It's pretty funny. However I suspect they will all crawl back into their holes soon enough.

I guess things have come around full circle again.

In the late 60s-early 70s, when the Yankees sucked, you could shoot a cannon down 5th Avenue at rush hour and not hit a single Yankee fan. Same in the mid-late 80s.

Every team has bandwagon fans. The Yankees, Cowboys and Notre Dame just have more of them.

See but that's a great misconception, faba

Are Yankee fans prone to bragging incessantly? ABSOLUTELY

But dig this, and I'm being dead honest ... it's not arrogance, it's defiance

It's defiance in the face of incessant hatred ... it's a way of stickin it to the haters

Speaking for myself, I don't have an arrogant bone in my body ... that's the gospel truth ... but I am as defiant as they come when under attack, and as a Yankee fan being under attack in a way of life ... I'm not crying about it, comes with the territory, it is what it is, but from that hatred defiance {not arrogance} is borne, and the haters mistake defiance for arrogance

Re-label it anything you want. Defiance. "Compassionate dislike". Whatever term you want. But it still stems from paranoia. If you're paranoid of Yankee haters, then the number of Yankee haters will only grow.

If you want us to stop the incessant hatred, then you have to look in the mirror and tell yourself to either be objective or ignore us all. You can't have your cake and eat it too (i.e. hate on other teams and expect the reverse in treatment).

Holy crap 80. What courses did you take last semester? Me need some of that. Check you out.

Social psychology is the ****.

Re-label it anything you want. Defiance. "Compassionate dislike". Whatever term you want. But it still stems from paranoia. If you're paranoid of Yankee haters, then the number of Yankee haters will only grow.

How comical is this ... a devout Yankee hater, perhaps the king of all haters, telling Yankee fans they are paranoid about Yankee haters ... now that's what I call brilliant comedy

How comical is this ... a devout Yankee hater, perhaps the king of all haters, telling Yankee fans they are paranoid about Yankee haters ... now that's what I call brilliant comedy

It's ****ing hilarious.

That's exactly my point. I am a Yankee hater. I used the words "us" and "we" when I said you should ignore Yankee haters. If you don't want us "idiots" or "pathetic Mess fans" hating on Yankee fans so much, you should be ignoring us, not igniting the fire.

Just giving you some advice Ham, take it or leave it. But Yankee haters are not going to be gone anytime soon. So being "defiant" will not fix anything.

Besides, tell me one thing that I said that isn't the truth?

In any event, I've been down with the Mets since 2000. Why is any of this important?

So you're a bandwagon Mets fan who decided to join the baseball forum and blast Yankee fans after a good start by the mets 6 yrs later.

awesome!