Sign in to follow this  
Smizzy

Name a more pathetic Fanbase than NY Mess fans

Spankees 3

Twins 4

.................and this is just the Beginning

Bump this thread at the end of this year Please!!!!

You might want to try that when the Mutts actually win a game

Nats 5

Mutts 3

Did you hear the rumor about Pedro shi*ting on a paper plate and smashing it in the face of that little freak show ,midget he carries around in his backpack after an all night Cuervo binge?

How classy of you. He died in October. Typical Yankee class.

How classy of you. He died in October. Typical Yankee class.

Pedro dies every october :rl:

I would suggest that the Yankees have a pretty pathetic fanbase. Yank fans have the pleasure of supporting of the best teams in the history of sports, with so much history that their team is a part of Americana itself.

They have an owner who will do anything to win, and to 'stick it' to rival teams. Save for a stretch in the late 80's and early 90's many of todays Yankee fans have known nothing but success.

Apparantly, this isn't enough for them. Yankee fans feel the need to shove their teams success in the face of fans of every other team out there. As if they had something to do with this success.

Stay classy, Yankee fan.

Apparantly, this isn't enough for them. Yankee fans feel the need to shove their teams success in the face of fans of every other team out there. As if they had something to do with this success.

losing to a wildcard while having the biggest payroll in baseball is called success? I have to get a new Webster's.;)

I would suggest that the Yankees have a pretty pathetic fanbase. Yank fans have the pleasure of supporting of the best teams in the history of sports, with so much history that their team is a part of Americana itself.

They have an owner who will do anything to win, and to 'stick it' to rival teams. Save for a stretch in the late 80's and early 90's many of todays Yankee fans have known nothing but success.

So what do you suggest? I tell my son that even though his Father is a Yankee fan the franchise is too successful for you to be a "legit" fan by " real fan" standards so root for the Brewers?

How many Yankee fans do you honestly believe only picked the Yankees to root for because they have the most WS titles? That is what it boils down to.

Why did you become a fan of the Redsox? because they are losers? or because their was something about the team that made you root for them? Every Yankee fan has something that made them root for the team. From Players to just being from NY or doing it because your family did it. The few that did start rooting for this franchise because they could use " we have more rings " in an argument ,you can have. That number is FAR LESS than the number of Yankee haters who hate the Yankees for the fact they have more rings.

losing to a wildcard while having the biggest payroll in baseball is called success? I have to get a new Webster's.;)

Relative success, when compared to the rest of the league.

You know what I mean.

Where are you going to get a Webster's from? There aren't any in the entire state of North Carolina.;)

So what do you suggest? I tell my son that even though his Father is a Yankee fan the franchise is too successful for you to be a "legit" fan by " real fan" standards so root for the Brewers?

First, I suggest you tell your son who his real father is. I'm still not picking up the tab, though.

How many Yankee fans do you honestly believe only picked the Yankees to root for because they have the most WS titles? That is what it boils down to.

Why did you become a fan of the Redsox? because they are losers? or because their was something about the team that made you root for them? Every Yankee fan has something that made them root for the team. From Players to just being from NY or doing it because your family did it. The few that did start rooting for this franchise because they could use " we have more rings " in an argument ,you can have. That number is FAR LESS than the number of Yankee haters who hate the Yankees for the fact they have more rings.

I think you're missing my point. I have no problem with most Yankee fans. Maybe I generalized a bit much. However, I'm talking about the fan who feels that they are better than someone else because of the team they root for. You know exactly what I am talking about.

I became a 'filthy' ;) Sox fan in 84. I had been actually a Mets fan until then. This around the time the Mets started playing well, and in NY all the bandwagoners came out in force. I didn't want anything to do with them, and there was no way I was going to be a Yankee fan. So I decided on the Sox, which may have been a mistake, but 2004 was so worth it.

You knew it was coming. Eat a bag of poop!

Does it have to be in a bag? That's pretty tough to do, I like to blend it and drink it like a shake.

A fan base that counts playoff wins. The only thing that matters in the playoffs is whose standing at the end.

Jeez, c'mon Mets fans, it has been 20+ years.:yawn:

Does it have to be in a bag? That's pretty tough to do, I like to blend it and drink it like a shake.

It's just a raw ingredient, make what you want with it as long as you eat it.

A fan base that counts playoff wins. The only thing that matters in the playoffs is whose standing at the end.

Jeez, c'mon Mets fans, it has been 20+ years.:yawn:

:good: I guess Mets fans realize that the Yankees only care about winning the World Series. Comparing playoff wins is just weak, unless you have 11 of them.

Also, I don't think you can compare the Yankees, a team in the major leagues, to the Mets, a team in the minor leagues.

• Upvote 1

:good: I guess Mets fans realize that the Yankees only care about winning the World Series. Comparing playoff wins is just weak, unless you have 11 of them.

Also, I don't think you can compare the Yankees, a team in the major leagues, to the Mets, a team in the minor leagues.

Except a team from the Minor Leagues as you call it crushed the team in the WS that was able to dismiss the Yanks without so much as breaking a sweat.

I have zero problems with Yankee fans unless they become TX like in their posting due to past accomplishments.

Except a team from the Minor Leagues as you call it crushed the team in the WS that was able to dismiss the Yanks without so much as breaking a sweat.

hahaahah...OWNED!!!!

POTW Nominee

hahaahah...OWNED!!!!

POTW Nominee

I was owned SJ? You might want to go back and check again. You are the one actually bragging about the amount of wins the Mets got in the playoffs, probably one of the most irrelevant statistics in baseball. I know you're jealous of how the Yankees manage to put together a great team every single year but if you're going to try to tell me that the Mets are a better team :rl: then you're gonna have come up with a better argument than that.

I have zero problems with Yankee fans unless they become TX like in their posting due to past accomplishments.

The Cardinals were the one team in NL last year that could perhaps be successful in the AL. Take the Mets out of the NL East and put them in the AL East and they would be a 4th place team.

The Cardinals were the one team in NL last year that could perhaps be successful in the AL. Take the Mets out of the NL East and put them in the AL East and they would be a 4th place team.

As a lifelong Braves fan..I hate the Mets, but your statement here is quite ignorant.

Put your hatred aside for a moment to be a realist.

As a lifelong Braves fan..I hate the Mets, but your statement here is quite ignorant.

Put your hatred aside for a moment to be a realist.

You think the Mets would do better than the Yankees, Sox, and Blue Jays? Maybe I was being a bit harsh. They could finish in 3rd.

I was owned SJ? You might want to go back and check again. You are the one actually bragging about the amount of wins the Mets got in the playoffs, probably one of the most irrelevant statistics in baseball. I know you're jealous of how the Yankees manage to put together a great team every single year but if you're going to try to tell me that the Mets are a better team :rl: then you're gonna have come up with a better argument than that.

Yessiree,,

OWNED!!!

You are all conjecture,,, not facts,,.

103 to 98,,,

OWNED!!!!

If this and if that,, only fact is 103 to 98 and a WC loss to the team that lost to the NL team that eliminated the Mets..

Pedro dies every october :rl:

Does he? I must have missed your R.I.P thread on that one. Damn, I've got to do a better job of keeping track of your wit.

amen smizzy MET FANS SUCK

What a riveting response! How can anyone argue with that? That's the problem with a lot of the yankees fans I have the misfortune of knowing. If you'd like to have an intelligent debate, bring it on. Otherwise, making silly statements in all caps just makes you look foolish.

SouthernJet has no credibility until he admits the 2006 Mets lost more games than the 2006 Yankees did.

That being said, I don't get the hating on Mets fans. Sure, there were a lot of bandwagon riders last year, but there are plenty of diehard Mess fans - especially among Jets fans. yeah, their jealousy of the Yanks gets tiring, but it's understandable.

SouthernJet has no credibility until he admits the 2006 Mets lost more games than the 2006 Yankees did.

That being said, I don't get the hating on Mets fans. Sure, there were a lot of bandwagon riders last year, but there are plenty of diehard Mess fans - especially among Jets fans. yeah, their jealousy of the Yanks gets tiring, but it's understandable.

I can only speak for myself, a Mets (you seem to have misspelled it in your post) fan since birth. As a sports fan, I can appreciate the recent success that the yankees have enjoyed. But, I am not jealous of them at all. Are you jealous of the pats?

Are you jealous of the pats?

Three Super Bowls in five years and an excellent shot at another one?

You're damned right I'm jealous of the Pats.

You think the Mets would do better than the Yankees, Sox, and Blue Jays? Maybe I was being a bit harsh. They could finish in 3rd.

Mets split with the Yanks and destroyed the Jays in Toronto.

If the Mets were a AL team the roster would be configured much differently to support the DH inspired beer league softball type play of the AL. You cannot compare how the teams would fair otherwise up until WS play at which time the DH rule is split.

The NL won the WS.

Three Super Bowls in five years and an excellent shot at another one?

You're damned right I'm jealous of the Pats.

Well, you're a better man than me because I cannot get past my hatred and evolve to jealousy. Appreciation is as far as I will go.

If the Mets were a AL team the roster would be configured much differently to support the DH inspired beer league softball type play of the AL. You cannot compare how the teams would fair otherwise up until WS play at which time the DH rule is split.

The NL won the WS.

Very true. The Mets' offense is very similar to an AL team.

No Credibility??? Bob my boy, why are you still so pissed and trying to spin it away from where it was? For the 1,000th time, my April 2006 tick, tick, tick thread's 1st post said :

tick tick tick

mets will win more games this year than yanks

tick tick tick

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16435&highlight=tick%2C+tick%2C+tick

Is that not what happened? Did I say in my tick, tick, tick that the Mets would lose less than the Yanks? No. It said , for the 1,001st time :

tick tick tick

mets will win more games this year than yanks

tick tick tick

Was I wrong???? Why are you obsessed with changing the tick, tick, tick title???? its no big deal, you were wrong, ,no bigee...

Agian Bob, why is my credibility harmed when MY thread stated 'Mets would win more',,THEY DID.. Was I not right???????

The tick survives...

Join the believers..;)

Yessiree,,

OWNED!!!

You are all conjecture,,, not facts,,.

103 to 98,,,

OWNED!!!!

If this and if that,, only fact is 103 to 98 and a WC loss to the team that lost to the NL team that eliminated the Mets..

Um ok. The Mess still didn't win the World Series and as I have already said, that is all that matters. And try this on for size: 154-98. The AL's record against the NL last year.

The American League was clearly a far superior league to the National League last year, and one series hardly proves anything.

And SJ, I still can't believe you're using this regular season wins thing. It's such a pathetic argument. First of all, AL>>>NL. Second of all, like OMG THE MESS WON 5 MORE GAMES OMG LIKE WOW!! Not. If the Mets played in the AL, the Yankees would have a hell of a lot more wins than the non-playoff team the Mets would be. But then again, I'm sure you don't even want to think about how badly the Mess pitching staff would get raped on a nightly basis by AL lineups.

Um ok. The Mess still didn't win the World Series and as I have already said, that is all that matters. And try this on for size: 154-98. The AL's record against the NL last year.

The American League was clearly a far superior league to the National League last year, and one series hardly proves anything.

Uh yeah, since it is the WORLD SERIES and the only one that matters!!!!! :Nuts:

The NL won the WS.

How about checking the larger statistics of how the AL fared against the NL. The AL was 154-98. They owned the NL. As madmike would say, one series is hardly a large enough sample. The Cardinals did win the World Series. The Mess did not. The Mets did split with the Yanks overall and "destroyed" the Jays 2-1 in their series. They were also 0-3 against Boston and 1-2 against Baltimore. That adds up to a 6-9 record overall against the AL. Even the Cardinals were only 5-10 against the AL in the regular season, and 4 of those wins came against the Royals.