Jets | Incumbent Hobson to face competition for starting spot

TaborJet

Jets | Incumbent Hobson to face competition for starting spot

Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:24:33 -0700

NewYorkJets.com reports New York Jets OLB Victor Hobson will face stiff competition for the starting spot from newcomer Matt Chatham. They feel that Chatham's speed and athleticism are better suited for the team's new look 3-4 defensive alignment.

Good. I was a big fan of the Hobson pick but he hasn't played as well as he should have.

He's been going thru the motions since day 1.

Nothing better than guys being held accountable for poor play. Another great move by Coach Mangini.

I love Hobson as well and it's great to know he'll have competition. Best players should play and it also shows that there should be really good depth at OLB behind Kassell & Hobson / Chatham with the loser a back-up on the Hobson / Chatham side and BT backing up Kassell. McClover is another OLB type of guy. Now we need some depth at ILB with Barton / Vilma the starters.

Good. I was a big fan of the Hobson pick but he hasn't played as well as he should have.

He's been going thru the motions since day 1.

Nothing better than guys being held accountable for poor play. Another great move by Coach Mangini.

Exactly. And people were happy with the development of players under herm?

Please, Mangini has been a godsend so far. I still think Hobson can be a good LB. Him, like a few others on the defense needs a kick in their ass.

Exactly. And people were happy with the development of players under herm?

Please, Mangini has been a godsend so far. I still think Hobson can be a good LB. Him, like a few others on the defense needs a kick in their ass.

hobson is better suited at i.l.b. edwards had no choice because he had vilma at middle line backer.

Archived