Is Ramsey so terrible....

That we HAVE to draft one of the big three QB's in round 1? Seriously, what is the deal with people ASSUMING that our guy is either Leinart or Cutler?

Ramsey was a 1st round pick for a reason, guys. Furthermore, was he really ever given much of a shot in Washington? I'm not saying he'll light it up, but he has to be better than Pennington, and I don't think we need to be spending more money on another QB in round 1. I'm all for scooping one up in the middle rounds, but I think we can do better at # 4.

Williams. Ferguson. Hawk. Trade down. I like those options way better.

Ken,

1st off, Welcome Back

2nd off, Go UNCW

3rd off, Where have you been

4th off, Say hello to the biggest Patrick Ramsey fan (me) while we were trying to get him. Most of the people here don't believe in him like us.

Ken,

1st off, Welcome Back

2nd off, Go UNCW

4th off, Say hello to the biggest Patrick Ramsey fan (me) while we were trying to get him. Most of the people here don't believe in him like us.

1st off, gracias.

2nd off, glad to see you jumping on the UNCW bandwagon. It will soon be filled to the brim.

3rd, I have been insanely busy (double major, 2 jobs, high ranking position in an organization, etc.)

4th, don't make me out to be a Ramsey believer yet. I just don't think we need to be overpaying an overhyped QB at pick # 4 when we have $64 million no-armed Pennington to pay.

Want to get scared...Patrick Ramsey scared?

I heard he's sensitive. Always aiming to please. Gets too upset when he fails. I swear I read it somewhere.

Last week I had a nightmare he was starting, then had a Ryan Leaf hissy fit after the first game. You remember that feeling in your gut after Vinny went down?

Scary **** right there. A sensitive QB. God help us all.

Ken,

1st off, Welcome Back

2nd off, Go UNCW

I'd like to see them give the guy a shot while we rebuild the rest of the team. He's got the physical gifts and a very strong arm.

Sometimes a change of scenery does wonders.

Ask Brett Favre.

Not saying Ramsey is Brett, but sometimes a new team and a new system can be a very good thing.

Want to get scared...Patrick Ramsey scared?

I heard he's sensitive. Always aiming to please. Gets too upset when he fails. I swear I read it somewhere.

Last week I had a nightmare he was starting, then had a Ryan Leaf hissy fit after the first game. You remember that feeling in your gut after Vinny went down?

Scary **** right there. A sensitive QB. God help us all.

It would be scary. If we'd wasted a 1st rounder, and not a 6th rounder, to pick him up. We're playing with house money when it comes to Ramsey.

True, an attitude like that, if he really does act like that, could be contagious in the locker room. But in any case, the only place for the Jets to go is up, so I feel it's worth a shot. He certainly has the talent.

I would rather build the offense around Ramsey and see what he can do. I'm not sure if he'll ever be great, but he has the tools. When he gets time, you can see that he possesses the arm and accuracy to make all the throws. That's the problem, though. He stays in the pocket with the football a little too long, and when you combine that with the awful OL that Spurrier gave him, it's a recipe for disaster. If Mangini puts a priority on building up the OL, one that will give Ramsey the time, I think he can be good.

I would rather build the offense around Ramsey and see what he can do. I'm not sure if he'll ever be great, but he has the tools. When he gets time, you can see that he possesses the arm and accuracy to make all the throws. That's the problem, though. He stays in the pocket with the football a little too long, and when you combine that with the awful OL that Spurrier gave him, it's a recipe for disaster. If Mangini puts a priority on building up the OL, one that will give Ramsey the time, I think he can be good.

Exactly. In the meantime, pick up a QB in the 3rd round or so and develop him on the side.

Either way, Pennington is no longer the leader of this team in any way, shape, or form. When players on offense are saying "anonymously" that they want Pennington out, there's no going back to the way things were. And things weren't that good anyways, so.....why is Pennington still on the roster?

The guy does have all the tools but most importantly he's got a ton of heart and isn't a meathead. How many QB's have failed to cut the mustard in the NFL because they didn't have good coaching to make the transition? I'd suspect more than a few. This will be good trial by fire experience for Schott. Good coaching can elevate him mentally. I think he's got the physical skills. How many of the top five QB's in this draft will ever go to a probowl? One? Maybe? Lets get some solid protection in place or we'll never have doink at QB.