Jets | Team to have pre-draft visit with Whitehurst

Jets | Team to have pre-draft visit with Whitehurst

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:38:39 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports the New York Jets will conduct a pre-draft visit with Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst sometime next week.

I like Whitehurst. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben. I don't know why, but he does.

Grab Whitehurst and teach him how to play QB Schotty! You have two years, make him a star.
I Agree ,if we are not going to grab a QB at#4 that we should take charlie in the late rds .he's better than croyle IMO and less injury prone too.this kid is big ,nice arm needs a little more meat on his bones but we'll take care of that in the gym.he could be a great one if they bring him in slowly.

I Agree ,if we are not going to grab a QB at#4 that we should take charlie in the late rds .he's better than croyle IMO and less injury prone too.this kid is big ,nice arm needs a little more meat on his bones but we'll take care of that in the gym.he could be a great one if they bring him in slowly.

Agreed.

Whitehurst is a big dude in the mold of Big Ben like I said. He's 6'5, 225 lbs. He's got a lot of talent and for the most part played behind a ****ty line in college (much like Cutler). He's also like Big Ben in the way that they both are big dudes who have the ability to move around a little in the pocket and escape 1 on 1 sacks. He was a 3 year starter at Clemson too so he's got plenty of starting expierence. If you give Whitehurst 2 years to groom and have him ready for 2008 he could be a good starter for us.

this guy looked like horse-sh|t in the SB practices - seriously horrible - fumbles, ints - in the game he looked great.

The scouting reports say he chokes in pressure situations my experience supported that.

PASS.

Agreed. He played in a stupid system at Clemson too. Whitehurst never lived up to his expecations in college.

Agreed. He played in a stupid system at Clemson too. Whitehurst never lived up to his expecations in college.

Please elaborate on the stupid system if you have some time as I'm not a huge CFB fan. If you have any other info on Whitehurst at Clemson that would be great too but I seriously don't know what you're talking about when you say stupid system and not living up to potential.

this guy looked like horse-sh|t in the SB practices - seriously horrible - fumbles, ints - in the game he looked great.

The scouting reports say he chokes in pressure situations my experience supported that.

PASS.

Once again.....probably never seen him play in games

One thing about Charlie

The guy has a swaggar about him.....he's a real ****y SOB

I like that in a QB

Bit....I know you're a #'s guy.......had Tom Brady been in this years draft you probably wouldn't have drafted him at all

Sometimes you have to look past the #'s, and look at the pedigree

PASS.

Hey guys. First post here. I'm a regular over on the Gang Green boards....

I totally agree with you. Whitehurst definitely finds ways to lose games. He's awful. Sure he's got the size, but when the scouting reports say he's a poor decision maker, that's a HUGE understatement.

By the way... great boards you guys have going here. I've lurked for a while, but felt it was almost too much to belong to two Jets boards. So much for that!

Archived