YES Commentators... is this a joke?

BigJermaineFromQnz

These guys ever heard of doing work with a objective viewpoint?

It makes it even worse that there is 3 of them.

Basically 3 Prostitute-Reporter c***suckers up there working as hard as they can to keep earning checks from GrimeBrenner.

If I was a yankee fan I would be embarressed, and no it's not just becase I am not a yankee fan.

Fran Healy used to make me gag with his homer-ness, but this crew is like 500% worse.

its no different from any other teams local tv/radio announcers, does this shock you?

Actually it's completely different?

try listening to the mets game, you will not hear stuff like that going on. You can tell they are Mets fans, but they dont make it obvious...

better than that listen to WFAN Mets games... they are completely subjective, they just give more color commentary on the mets than the opposition.

why are the yankees commentators like this? Because GrimeBrenner threatens firings if they dont comply... this has been in the papers.

its no different from any other teams local tv/radio announcers, does this shock you?
I get to see games from all around the US as the North American sports channel I subscribe to takes their feed direct from the local networks. I can honestly say that the biggest homer of them all is Michael Kay on YES. Listening to him is painful.

The only other announcer I can't stand to listen to is the guy who does the Dodgers games, because he talks so slowly that he puts you to sleep by the end of the first inning.

Typical Mess/Sawx fan....I'm going to call this guy BlowSux' little son

He is more interseted in what the Yanks do....he is happier when the Yanks lose.....he is a wannabe Yankee

A mets fan with an inferiority complex ? Do they come any other way?

I agree that Kay is a bigtime homer...but to claim that the Yankees announcers are any more biased than any other local TV/Radio person for any team is a joke and just goes to show how desperate you are to rip on anything Yankees. Its pretty pathetic.

I agree that Kay is a bigtime homer...but to claim that the Yankees announcers are any more biased than any other local TV/Radio person for any team is a joke and just goes to show how desperate you are to rip on anything Yankees. Its pretty pathetic.

???

I never said that, read my original post.

I said the commentary was disgustingly biased, whatever anyone else said after that is their own opinion.

It is far more biased then both the SNY Mets TV broadcasting crew and the WFAN Mets Radio crew though.

???

I never said that, read my original post.

I said the commentary was disgustingly biased, whatever anyone else said after that is their own opinion.

It is far more biased then both the SNY Mets TV broadcasting crew and the WFAN Mets Radio crew though.

Your right,you never said that in your original post...it was your 2nd post in this thread:

Actually it's completely different?

try listening to the mets game, you will not hear stuff like that going on. You can tell they are Mets fans, but they dont make it obvious...

better than that listen to WFAN Mets games... they are completely subjective, they just give more color commentary on the mets than the opposition.

why are the yankees commentators like this? Because GrimeBrenner threatens firings if they dont comply... this has been in the papers.

Seems like you are of the opinion that the Mets' commentators are less biased than Yankees commentators.

but in fact you only achieved pointing out a very small flaw in an irrelevant comment I made, in response to a person's severely incorrect accusation.

aka nitpicking.

which does nothing to further an argument.

What is nitpicking? I have never heard of it.

Is it like starting a thread to bitch about another team's announcers?

but in fact you only achieved pointing out a very small flaw in an irrelevant comment I made, in response to a person's severely incorrect accusation.

aka nitpicking.

which does nothing to further an argument.

I guess expecting you to know what you said in the thread and to be honest can be nitpicking. In that case,I'll stop "nitpicking" and restate my original opinion:

"To claim that the Yankees announcers are any more biased than any other local TV/Radio person for any team is a joke and just goes to show how desperate you are to rip on anything Yankees. Its pretty pathetic."

"To claim that the Yankees announcers are any more biased than any other local TV/Radio person for any team is a joke and just goes to show how desperate you are to rip on anything Yankees. Its pretty pathetic."

your statement is false though

watch SNY or listen to WFAN, and you will find out they are not nearly as biased.

thats your homework for tonight, ok?

I guess expecting you to know what you said in the thread and to be honest can be nitpicking. In that case,I'll stop "nitpicking" and restate my original opinion:

BigJermaine, ever hear White Sox announcers on WGN? They call the players by their first names, call the White Sox the "good guys", and have queer little sayings like "you can put it on the board....YES!!" when the White Sox hit a home run and "be gone" when a White Sox opponent strikes out.

It's pitiful. I have to put games on mute the few times I have any interest in watching a White Sox game.

BigJermaine, ever hear White Sox announcers on WGN? They call the players by their first names, call the White Sox the "good guys", and have queer little sayings like "you can put it on the board....YES!!" when the White Sox hit a home run and "be gone" when a White Sox opponent strikes out.

It's pitiful. I have to put games on mute the few times I have any interest in watching a White Sox game.

Every team's local guys are like that. There's at least 1 Michael Kay working for every team in sports.

but this is New York... we should demand better...

The Mets commentators are not like that, and if they were, like Fran Healy sorta was, i would be disgusted.

The fact that yankee fans enjoy that their threatens firings if commentators are not "pro-yankee" enough is just sad.

but this is New York... we should demand better...

The Mets commentators are not like that, and if they were, like Fran Healy sorta was, i would be disgusted.

The fact that yankee fans enjoy that their threatens firings if commentators are not "pro-yankee" enough is just sad.

Whats really sad is you give a **** and have to be a whiny b#tch and complain about something that shouldnt matter to you.

Thats sad.

While this wouldn't shock me with Steinbrenner,this thread is the first I've ever heard of threatening the YES commentators. Do you have a link to back that up or are you just assuming its happened because of your blind hatred for all things Yankees?

Archived