Jets Open 21-day Practice Window for Rodgers

Lith

17 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

1 - Why bother?  Another injury and there goes 2024 too.

2 - He comes back and wins us games............costing us a high draft pick as well.

3 - 40 year old coming back quick from this injury.  What could possibly go wrong?  SOJ

Everyone's motivations are 100% completely in their own self interests.

JD looks like a buffoon for 5 years on the job to assemble the NFL's worst offense, so is desperate to have Rodgers make him not look completely clueless.

Saleh is getting most of the heat for JD's continual failures, so wants to be able to show what it's like if having an offense that is able to utilize the forward pass.

Rodgers has made it pretty clear he wants to be able to go out as the Jets' savior, and being the guy who turns the entire team around this season would be a great first step in that glory.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The team is gonna rush Rodgers back and let him play to keep the locker room intact and stop a mutiny.....

I personally wouldn't. I'd just let him practice. It's not worth it at this point. 

The Jets also believe their getting McGovern and Schweitzer back at some point so they're def gonna give it a try...

I don't really care if Rodgers plays again, but in a ****ed up way, I kinda wish that by either practicing and or playing he comes really soon to the realization that he doesn't want to play next year, and he lets the Jets know real soon. That way the house can get cleaned and everyone get the sword.

I am convinced that Rodgers won't play again, but I feel he will , as usual, drag his effin feet to make that decision. If by either practicing and or playing, the decision comes faster, I'm all about it. He knows the state of the offensive line, if he doesnt care, why should I?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

The team is gonna rush Rodgers back and let him play to keep the locker room intact and stop a mutiny.....

I personally wouldn't. I'd just let him practice. It's not worth it at this point. 

The Jets also believe their getting McGovern and Schweitzer back at some point so they're def gonna give it a try...

I think it’s more of an intentional distraction of the current on the field product. Maybe Rodgers wants to play, but this is a ploy by the Jets I think to distract the fanbase of another horrid season. It’s a carrot. The Jets want to bring everyone back (probably including Zach) and the current Rodgers circus provides cover for 4-13.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Win the next two, upset Miami and 7 and 7 for Aaron. Let's go.  :)

interesting thing is when you look at secondary market for tickets to atl, hou and wash, wash is about 15-20% higher than the other two in some of the lowers I looked at.

Coincidence, other theories - who knows but interesting.

39 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I just want to see if so it puts a spotlight on the atrocious offense that JD is responsible for. 

If you want to see what the Jets look like with a mostly healthy OLine and Aaron Rodgers back under center then just watch the first drive from Week 1 where he was running for his life and chucking balls out of bounds.

It was the trailer to the movie that is the Jets 2023 season.

Since then all we've had is 3 months of watching less capable QBs doing the same thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I don't really care if Rodgers plays again, but in a ****ed up way, I kinda wish that by either practicing and or playing he comes really soon to the realization that he doesn't want to play next year, and he lets the Jets know real soon. That way the house can get cleaned and everyone get the sword.

I am convinced that Rodgers won't play again, but I feel he will , as usual, drag his effin feet to make that decision. If by either practicing and or playing, the decision comes faster, I'm all about it. He knows the state of the offensive line, if he does care, why should I?

I think the opposite actually I think it's a lock he plays....next season at the latest.....Rodgers coming back and proving everyone wrong is the type of things egomaniacs like him thrive on.....

I don't know how effective he'll be....but I'd bet anything he's gonna play football again

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1