Carton- “Woody told Saleh and Douglas they are 100% back in 2024”

Matt39

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just heard on my drive in fwiw. Obviously it’s Carton but I believe he had the Gase firing first. Also the belief the Jets would be competing for the division with Rodgers playing.

Also if true, it’s clear Woody controlled the QB room after Rodgers got hurt. 

i mean was anything different expected? did you think they were going to bring back Rodgers with a new coach and GM? Hackett as HC? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

Woody was behind the whole Rodgers thing from the end of last year. Not even Woody is aloof enough to fire people for his 100% mess. Maybe he had one more vertebrae left in his spine after all.

Agreed. Which is why he was willing to throw this year away. He wants Rodgers playing.

• Upvote 1

Not that there's any reason to believe Carton has any real sources on this, it's also exactly what is to be expected, regardless of how much we all hate the thought. JD's lone success of this year was building the team in such a way that literally no one but him would want the job, with the Rodgers deal and others surrounding it having the roster handcuffed for next year. So if stuck with his roster and nowhere to go, making him stick with it is unfortunately the only real option.

So of course with that being the case, the coaching jobs need to be safe, as short of some sort of miracle next year we'll be seeing a full house cleaning, so it's pointless to make a change now that would be a horrific job that no one would want, while only building in more excuses for the incompetent GM that in no way deserves to be given that opportunity.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Aside from it helping our draft position, it would be fascinating to hear Woody try to sell the fanbase on bringing everybody back after 10 straight losses to end the season.  I can't help but root for it!  lol

The Achilles injury itself is enough TBH 

and Rodgers is gonna come back and the O will be at least halfway functional.....cementing that excuse 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Woody has always been pulling the strings for these high profile QB signings  Favre, Vick, Tebow, Rodgers.  Like a kid… Ooh look shiny new toy that will get headlines, sell tickets, jerseys, and PSLs.  I am sure he wants to win, I just think his approach is way off… quick wins (media and sales) with long term consequences (losing team and cap hell).  Hopefully AR8 can pull a rabbit out of his hat because right now the team is built with one peg holding the stack and as we’ve witnessed, we lose that peg, the team topples.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Aside from it helping our draft position, it would be fascinating to hear Woody try to sell the fanbase on bringing everybody back after 10 straight losses to end the season.  I can't help but root for it!  lol

Knowing Woody he’d read the criticism and accidentally use the tanking excuse as a cover, thus getting us docked a high pick.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

not going to finish 4-13, they will beat the Falcons rather easily, beat Washington, and possibly squeak out another win somewhere, maybe the pats. They will finish 7-10 or so. No way Rodgers was going to let a new regime come in next year, he has his hand picked OC and controls the roster and team, why woud he let that go? Oh, and Woody is a moron and numero uno reason we suck every year

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

An owner telling a coach and a GM that they are automatically safe regardless of future outcomes with over 1/4 of the season left is absolute malfeasance. So, I believe it.

I believe this was probably said as soon as Rodgers went down. I know we heard that wasn't the case but I don't really buy that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

not going to finish 4-13, they will beat the Falcons rather easily, beat Washington, and possibly squeak out another win somewhere, maybe the pats. They will finish 7-10 or so. No way Rodgers was going to let a new regime come in next year, he has his hand picked OC and controls the roster and team, why woud he let that go? Oh, and Woody is a moron and numero uno reason we suck every year

It doesn't seem likely that we'll finish 4-13 but I think we have a real shot to lose any game where Tim Boyle is our starter. 

I Boylieve!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Eh I dont think they beat Atlanta. Pats yeah but it will be Belichick last game. Washington toss up.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, section314 said:

Woody was behind the whole Rodgers thing from the end of last year. Not even Woody is aloof enough to fire people for his 100% mess. Maybe he had one more vertebrae left in his spine after all.

JD should be thanking woody he did, otherwise he would be out of a job. Now we need to know if woody instructed JD to stick with Zach while Aaron was down. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tbh, if we're sticking with the AR8 approach then it probably makes sense to bring everybody back for 1 more year.  If it blows up then you can make a clean break with all of them (JD, Saleh, AR8, the CS) and bring in an entirely new regime, rather than mixing and matching people from the prior regime (e.g. new GM but HC from prior regime).

This is The Aaron Rodgers Show.

If he wants a new coach then he will get one. If he does not then we will "run it back" or more appropriately "limp it back."

43 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

An owner telling a coach and a GM that they are automatically safe regardless of future outcomes with over 1/4 of the season left is absolute malfeasance. So, I believe it.

Yeah? Wait till they announce Zach as the back up again next year and he does an interviewing wearing a necklace that matches Woody’s “ZachEY and the Jets!!” 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2