Really Watching the Refs These Next Few Weeks

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hear me out....

The storyline of Rodgers returning Christmas Eve would be HUGE for this league (and for us).

But we have to win 2 of these next 3 games to even really think about actually playing Rodgers this year.

With the NFL likely wanting Rodgers back on the field (for ratings and such).... I could very well see some calls that have generally gone against us all year... go our way these next few weeks. To give us that small push to even be in these games and a chance to win them late.

I'll be watching and paying close attention to see how these games are called by the stripes for us these next few weeks.

If you want to watch the Refs Sunday is the day Eagles vs 49ers.

Nobody will think twice at the 49ers beating the Eagles, but it’s in the leagues best interest for that to happen and I wouldn’t be shocked to see the refs nudge the game the 49ers way.

• Upvote 1

Hear me out....
The storyline of Rodgers returning Christmas Eve would be HUGE for this league (and for us).
But we have to win 2 of these next 3 games to even really think about actually playing Rodgers this year.

With the NFL likely wanting Rodgers back on the field (for ratings and such).... I could very well see some calls that have generally gone against us all year... go our way these next few weeks. To give us that small push to even be in these games and a chance to win them late.

I'll be watching and paying close attention to see how these games are called by the stripes for us these next few weeks.
Bingo

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody will think twice at the 49ers beating the Eagles, but it’s in the leagues best interest for that to happen and I wouldn’t be shocked to see the refs nudge the game the 49ers way.

Interesting, why is this in the league's best interest? 

46 minutes ago, Trotter said:

so that would mean if the stars align and the jets beat the falcons and texans, the nfl decides on the 11th?

Yep, but I mean, we probably get our doors blown off in Miami the following week. So, even if we somehow won the next two weeks (something that I personally think is unlikely - this team feels dead), we are 6-8 at best heading into that Commanders game. How "alive" are we really going to be at 6-8?

The other issue is, there is no guarantee Rodgers will even be cleared, regardless of what our record is. It just seems like the NFL would be taking a big chance - The Jets vs. Commanders is an AWFUL game without Rodgers. 

• Post of the Week 1

I hear what you're saying....good take actually.

First, I've always said if a ref (acting alone) or even a gaggle of refs, the easiest/best way to influence the outcome is by flags they DONT throw. It's ez for them to say "yes, it was a foul, but, well, we just didn't see it in real time, so we didn't throw a flag". Non flags can be just as influential as actual flags.

Whereas bogus flags ALWAYS draw a ton of scrutiny. Tons of replays in the days following.

But they don't even have to be bogus flags to influence the outcome. Just call real fouls against one team, even ticky tack fouls so the announcers say "it was a good call", but let the other team slide.

Also the type of flags thrown (or not thrown) Fans will compare number of flags thrown against each team, like "Both teams had 6 penalties, so the refs were fair". But one team had 3 PI and 3 RTP flags for 138 yards, while the other had 6 false starts.

And don't forget, they aren't necessarily changing the outcome, just influencing the outcome a little bit. That's more than enough. Especially with point spreads....follow the money.

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, but I mean, we probably get our doors blown off in Miami the following week. So, even if we somehow won the next two weeks (something that I personally think is unlikely - this team feels dead), we are 6-8 at best heading into that Commanders game. How "alive" are we really going to be at 6-8?

The other issue is, there is no guarantee Rodgers will even be cleared, regardless of what our record is. It just seems like the NFL would be taking a big chance - The Jets vs. Commanders is an AWFUL game without Rodgers. 

i hear ya - and yes without Rodgers there is no way

right now it is pats at broncos - broncos playing better but that is a pretty bad game 

2 hours ago, JagsFanJif said:

Interesting, why is this in the league's best interest? 

Cowboys just got to 9-3.

Eagles lose to 49ers they go to 10-2

Next weeks Sunday Night Football National TV game is you guessed it………

Philly vs Dallas

So IMO it’s in the league’s best interest for that game to be dubbed the battle for the NFC East.

Eagles win go to 11-1 not as much juice as a game with winner taking the division lead for the moment.

• Upvote 1

Vegas has San Fran as a three point favorite on the road. They know.