*** College Game Day 12/01-02 ***

Beerfish

Pac two championship today, will have major effect on the playoff with #5 Oregon vs #3 Washington.  Oregon favored by 9.5

Undefeated #20 Liberty also playing today.

Huge games tomorrow:

#8 Bama, who are playing their best vs #1 Georgia

#2 Michigan vs #18 Iowa (how can Iowa possibly score enough points?)

#4 FSU vs #15 Louisville

#7 Texas vs #19 Oklahoma State

Will there by any upsets?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So big question if FSU wins do they deserve to get in with a backup QB?   Deserve?  Maybe but they will get crushed in the actual playoff without their QB.

If Bama beats Georgia what happens?  

FSU backup may not play because of a head injury. If not they will be starting a freshman. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So big question if FSU wins do they deserve to get in with a backup QB?   Deserve?  Maybe but they will get crushed in the actual playoff without their QB.

If Bama beats Georgia what happens?  

I look at both Bama-Georgia and Washington-Oregon as elimination games. 

Bama beats us and we are probably on the outside looking in.  Assume Michigan beats Iowa, then Bama and OU-UW winner makes three of four.  4th team is between FSU, Texas, UGA and I think OSU still has a shot.  FSU may very well lose to Louisville, which could leave the committee choosing between us, a 1 loss non-conference Champ who has been ranked #1 part of the season, a 1-loss former top-ranked OSU, and Texas (assuming they beat Okla State), a 1 loss conference champ (assuming they beat Okla State) with a win over Bama.

If that happens, I have no idea which way the committee will go.  In my mind, Texas, the 1-loss Conference Champ would have earned the right to play for the Championship.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's times like this that as one of the top dogs.....or dawgs wish they had played a tougher schedule.

Honestly, I don't look at it that way at all.  Beat Bama, and we are in.  Lose tomorrow and there are likely to be enough 0 or 1 loss Conference Champs so we are probably out. 

We were originally supposed to play a non-conference game in Norman against OU.  I am not sure it would change things if we had played and beaten Oklahoma.

I want tomorrow's game more than I want another Natty.  Even though we beat Bama two years ago, I still feel like we are the little brother.  They have owned us in recent years.  The Championship two years ago was our first win against them in about 15 years -- they had won 7 straight including 3 SEC Title matchups.  I want that game tomorrow so badly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Pac two championship today, will have major effect on the playoff with #5 Oregon vs #3 Washington.  Oregon favored by 9.5

Undefeated #20 Liberty also playing today.

Huge games tomorrow:

#8 Bama, who are playing their best vs #1 Georgia

#2 Michigan vs #18 Iowa (how can Iowa possibly score enough points?)

#4 FSU vs #15 Louisville

#7 Texas vs #19 Oklahoma State

Will there by any upsets?

What will be interesting is if FSU wins, but Alabama. Texas, Oregon win, as well as Michigan, does FSU get in over the one loss teams?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Kinda bizarre watching these PAC 10 teams knowing that Rutgers starts playing all of them beginning next year. 

I'm taking UW in that one. And very bizarre, the turn of events,  No more "PAC-10 After Dark" which was always pretty entertaining. 

Larry Scott gave a primer on how to take a prestigious conference and just destroy it due to ineptitude and incompetence. 

6 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I'm taking UW in that one. And very bizarre, the turn of events,  No more "PAC-10 After Dark" which was always pretty entertaining. 

Larry Scott gave a primer on how to take a prestigious conference and just destroy it due to ineptitude and incompetence. 

We have a 5 week stretch where 4 of those games are UW, Wisconsin, USC, and UCLA. It's going to be a bloodbath. 

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We have a 5 week stretch where 4 of those games are UW, Wisconsin, USC, and UCLA. It's going to be a bloodbath. 

I haven't looked at the schedules, but UCLA, you never know who is going to show up, so there is a potential win there. And if 'SC doesn't fix their defense this innaugural season could be a nightmare scenario.

Odunze should absolutely be in consideration for our pick. What's not too like about his game?

Big, fast, soft as butter hands, and after watching him for multiple games I can't recall him dropping a pass. He's a natural.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I haven't looked at the schedules, but UCLA, you never know who is going to show up, so there is a potential win there. And if 'SC doesn't fix their defense this innaugural season could be a nightmare scenario.

A break from Michigan, PSU, and Ohio State for a season will be nice. I also wonder how a lot of these kids are going to handle so many coast-to-coast weeks mid-semester, so we'll see. Unprecedented territory for sure. I just have zero confidence in Schiano against anyone ranked at this point.

• Upvote 1

The NCAA football committee is a bunch of drunks suffering form long term CTE making prank phone calls in a hotel bar. It's 4 teams; probably by the close of business tomorrow, it will sort itself out. May be 1 or 2 teams will whine, but really win your game this weekend and go from there. When it expands will start to look more like the hoops committee.

Contrast the basketball committee, who have some mega algorithm  and a team of MIT computer geeks inputting strength of schedule and good win/bad loss values.