Let's talk QBs

Let's talk QBs   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the the worst QB overall?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Sam Darnold
    • Zach Wilson
  2. 2. Who was most overdrafted?

3. 3. Who impacted the Jets most negatively?

4. 4. Which QB failed the most with available resources?

• Christian Hackenberg
    • Sam Darnold
    • Zach Wilson

Zach had the most talent but all other answers are Hackenburg.   We drafted hackenburg and then mccagnan decided we did not need Mahomes or watson the next year.
Zach Wilson was over drafted but hackenburg was an UDFA quality player drafted in the 2nd round.
Spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The only hard question was who was most overdrafted. I went with Zach on a coin flip. Hackenberg was clearly the worst, and also set the team back the most (Mahomes, led to Darnold instead), Zach had easily the most talent.

Fun QB thread thanks for posting this, lol.

All of the answers were easy for me except most over-drafted.  Hackenberg is the worst, Zach did the most damage and failed worst with the most resources.  

Over-drafted is the interesting one.  Hackenberg was a 6th round caliber prospect taken 40th overall.

Meanwhile, regardless of what the stupid analysts or “consensus” takes had to say, Zach was a 3rd round caliber prospect taken 2 overall.

Kind of a coin flip call there.  Zach got my vote based on the opportunity cost we surrendered by taking him rather than moving down or taking someone else in a loaded draft class.

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hack was my answer for the first three questions (worst QB I’ve ever seen , most over-drafted QB of all time, and his presence prevented us from drafting Mahomes or Watson in 2017), but Zach failed with the best roster. 

As bad as Hack was he wasn’t drafted second overall and we weren’t forced to watch him 3 full seasons and probably going to have to endure another season 2024

The Hack n Zach Connection 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fun QB thread thanks for posting this, lol.

All of the answers were easy for me except most over-drafted.  Hackenberg is the worst, Zach did the most damage and failed worst with the most resources.  

Over-drafted is the interesting one.  Hackenberg was a 6th round caliber prospect taken 40th overall.

Meanwhile, regardless of what the stupid analysts or “consensus” takes had to say, Zach was a 3rd round caliber prospect taken 2 overall.

Kind of a coin flip call there.  Zach got my vote based on the opportunity cost we surrendered by taking him rather than moving down or taking someone else in a loaded draft class.

Hack was a 6th round qb drafted in round 2.  Zach was a 6th round qb drafted 2nd overall 

ZW did the most damage because he saw the field. Hackenberg was the worst. 

Mac is the cautionary tale for people who think the Jets should draft a QB annually. You can only have so many QBs on the roster at a given time. Mac took Petty, then Hackenberg, then took a gap year, then took on Darnold. In 2016 the team sported four QBs (Fitz, Geno, Petty, Hackenberg), dumped two and then picked up McCown to have a vet presence at starter. Mac was bad at drafting but the whole point of drafting a QB annually is thinking you're bad at it and that's ok because the odds will eventually fall in your favor. Mac played that game in 2015 and 2016 and ended up with two QBs who weren't starters. It would have been a disaster for him to draft a third QB and potentially have no starter. He had no real choice but to stop drafting QBs in 2017, get a vet to replace Fitz and wash out his two bad picks before 2018. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zach had the most talent but all other answers are Hackenburg.   We drafted hackenburg and then mccagnan decided we did not need Mahomes or watson the next year.

Zach Wilson was over drafted but hackenburg was an UDFA quality player drafted in the 2nd round.

Hackenburg was the least talented but Zach hurt this franchise the most 

it was the highest pick (a 2 overall) is like 2800 points a 3rd rounder like Hack is 110 or something 

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it was the highest pick (a 2 overall) is like 2800 points a 3rd rounder like Hack is 110 or something 

If the jets do not draft hackenburg they draft a QB the next year.    Mahomes, watson.

1. Who was the the worst QB overall?

Christian Hackenberg

2. Who was most overdrafted?

Christian Hackenberg

3. Who impacted the Jets most negatively?

Difficult to say.

4. Which QB failed the most with available resources?

I can't answer this because the Jets badly mishandled both Sam and Zach.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The problem is two fold, one, they still draft qbs based on terrible criteria and two they never admit a mistake until it’s time to clean house

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets do not draft hackenburg they draft a QB the next year.    Mahomes, watson.

if the jets don't draft Zach they don't trade for aaron 

we're talking about the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson and the most expensive player in franchise history, both worthless

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if the jets don't draft Zach they don't trade for aaron 

we're talking about the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson and the most expensive player in franchise history, both worthless

What if we took Lamar or Josh Allen instead of Darnold?  What if we took Mahomes instead of Jamal?

The scapegoating of Zach Wilson is out of control.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What if we took Lamar or Josh Allen instead of Darnold?  What if we took Mahomes instead of Jamal?

The scapegoating of Zach Wilson is out of control.

Zach was a 2

Darnold was a 3

Jamal was a 6

To whom much is given much is expected