Aaron Rodgers used the NY Jets as puppets

Bronx

This is reality, Rodgers single handly destroyed the 2023 season. I believe that he had major input on leaving Zach Wilson as his backup. His narcissistic and egotistical  behavior interrupted Joe Douglas plans. 

He played the role of GM and used "sleeepy, off-center nipples" Joe Doulgas as a puppet. There is no possible way that Joe had all the following Packers' off casts on his wish list: Lazard (abomination), Cobb (youth movement hinder) the RG (useless garbage, I can't even remember his name) and the biggest turd of all, Hackedd Hackett. 

Yes, you stoned old-fart, you ruined the 2023 NY Jets while undermining the authority of your big dorky puppet Joe Douglas..

Yes, I am back with my pathetic threads...eat me.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 3
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This is reality, Rodgers single handly destroyed the 2023 season. I believe that he had major input on leaving Zach Wilson as his backup. His narcissistic and egotistical  behavior interrupted Joe Douglas plans. 

He played the role of GM and used "sleeepy, off-center nipples" Joe Doulgas as a puppet. There is no possible way that Joe had all the following Packers' off casts on his wish list: Lazard (abomination), Cobb (youth movement hinder) the RG (useless garbage, I can't even remember his name) and the biggest turd of all, Hackedd Hackett. 

Yes, you stoned old-fart, you ruined the 2023 NY Jets while undermining the authority of your big dorky puppet Joe Douglas..

Nice finish. 

Here is what really happened. JD had a mission to land Rodgers. They started to assemble the Packers East to get him here. This was the Jets plan. The Jets probably asked him which players he would like to play with and Rodgers told them. I doubt it played out the way you are saying. This was what the Jets wanted to do and they got input from Rodgers. The Jets did this to themselves. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

I’m too lazy to go back and look but I doubt you had these feelings three months ago.

Everyone is a genius with the benefit of hindsight.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wanted Carr all the way with another backup as well. Jet Blue truly has some influence on this team, stupid corporate and political team, leaving Wilson as a backup was a total failure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Nice finish. 

Here is what really happened. JD had a mission to land Rodgers. They started to assemble the Packers East to get him here. This was the Jets plan. The Jets probably asked him which players he would like to play with and Rodgers told them. I doubt it played out the way you are saying. This was what the Jets wanted to do and they got input from Rodgers. The Jets did this to themselves. 

Of course Rodgers had the input, but I guarantee you that Lazard wasn't on his list for example, no freaking way.

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You are simply guessing that it was AR who prevented the signing of a legitimate NFL back up.  I'm pretty confident it was JD defending his atrocious #2 pick from a couple years ago.  The stubborn mule won't admit that he blew it.  49ers did when they traded LAnce.  But not JD.  His ego and arrogance trump the team needs.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Larz said:

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

here we go more crying in the shower crap

Being pissed is a different emotion, maybe you like crying. People have the tendency of highlighting their own weaknesses, phobias, etc through a form of bully behavior. 

I suggest that you purchase handkerchiefs, they are handy my sentimental friend.

• Ugh 1

Just now, Dcat said:

You are simply guessing that it was AR who prevented the signing of a legitimate NFL back up.  I'm pretty confident it was JD defending his atrocious #2 pick from a couple years ago.  The stubborn mule won't admit that he blew it.  49ers did when they traded LAnce.  But not JD.  His ego and arrogance trump the team needs.

Maybe.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Nice finish. 

Agree except I think Woody was pushing for Rodgers and JD complied.  There is a track record under his ownership for going after splash QB's later in their careers regardless of the GM.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Agree except I think Woody was pushing for Rodgers and JD complied.  There is a track record under his ownership for going after splash QB's later in their careers regardless of the GM.

What happened with redshirting Zuck Wilson? This was a total failure, I called it, from the day he was drafted,  the Jets found a way to Fkit up.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

This fanbase is the worst!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This is reality, Rodgers single handly destroyed the 2023 season.  His narcissistic and egotistical  behavior interrupted Joe Douglas plans. 

Joe Douglas's desperation to salvage his flailing GM career is what "interrupted Joe Douglas's plans".

He was a huge loser, with a very thin resume of success in anything beyond trades and the top of one draft class, heading into the 5th year of his 6 year deal, knowing he was in "must win now" territory.  So he sold out for the quick fix and the quick fix blew up in his face.  But lucky for him and Saleh, our Owner seems to like flashy moves with big names, and he's going to let this inept duo "run it back" one more year.

But make no mistake, JD and Saleh are working for their futures in 2024.  Win, the may get extended.  Lose, they're both done at the end of their mutual deals at end of the 2024 season.

Joe is the authority.  He made the deals, they're on him, no matter who else wanted them.

A GM who lets himself get run over by his desperation QB choice is a weak, and unworthy GM.

Yes, you stoned old-fart, you ruined the 2023 NY Jets while undermining the authority of your big dorky puppet Joe Douglas.

His injury sure did, yes.

But the poor work of GM Joe Douglas is the real problem. 

This team he's built after 5 years may look better on paper, but it's just as sh*t or worse than the low-talent teams he inherited in the W/L column.

No thanks, I already had a Pop Tart with my coffee this morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When a GM drafts a bust QB, the end result is that doing so normally results in everybody getting fired. The reason you normally fire everyone is because the only way back from that bust is via a desperation move corrective that compromises the org years into the future. 

It's the Jets way and if anyone thinks that Rodgers 2024 will be any good, think again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Had some Frosted Flakes but tossed fresh raspberries in to make it keto

Frosted Flakes are very underrated 

If you want to crash on sugar, mix Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Puffs and sugar smacks

possibly thin slices of bananas and whole milk

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Frosted Flakes are very underrated 

If you want to crash on sugar, mix Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Puffs and sugar smacks

possibly thin slices of bananas and whole milk

Already regretting eating Frosted Flakes. The Special K was right there in the pantry. 

40 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I love he how used them when he gave up, what 40 million in guaranteed money?

• Sympathy 1

Good grief. Re-trodding the same old ground.  I’m sure Rodgers had some influence but he did think he’d only last four plays.  And Zach has been qb for all four wins thus far and has shown improvement over the last two seasons.  Maybe a different qb should’ve been brought in at the break but then there’s also a reason why they’re going with Boyle over semian.  As for Douglas I don’t think there were many head scratchers.  Even Lazard showed some promise and hardman was supposed to be an upgrade from berrios.  And most of the free agents were counting on Rodgers being qb.  There was a huge let down when he went down.  Assuming the team doesn’t implode and finish with only four wins they’ll come back stronger next seasons as many of the personnel issues will be addressed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Some of you guys dig way deeper than you need to. What happened this season was the luck of the jets. We went after a HOF QB, we brought in the HOF QBs guys, and then we lost that HOF QB after 4 plays. The signing and what was done in 2023 was always about building the offense around Rodgers. Sprinkle in the non stop injuries along the o-line and you have the season that we are seeing today. Rodgers wanted to win here, the jets wanted to win with him. It didn’t work out this year. At the end of the day, you can point the fingers at whoever you want but when you simplify it, it comes down to not having the players we needed to compete this year.  That’s what happened.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Yeah, this is a stupid take. Woody wanted Hackett to lure Rodgers, not the other way around. Lazard actually looked pretty good with Rodgers the year before. Cobb and Turner? Backup players. And Rodgers gave up a good deal to play for the Jets. He was all in and trying to make the transition as smooth as possible. He got injured. He was a puppet of fate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I remember threads here encouraging the Jets / Joe D to go “all-in” to win a championship.  Acquiring Aaron Rodgers and surrounding him with everything he felt he needed to be successful was an all-in strategy.

But here’s the thing about going all-in: if you go all-in and lose the hand, you literally have nothing left for the next hand.  Aaron Rodgers (and all that came with him) was a full house, but the football gods had 4 of a kind.  Game over for 2023.

You can certainly criticize the strategy (and as @Jack Straw pointed out, hindsight is 20-20).  Me, I was on board with it, and I’ll just continue to ponder how improbably bad this team’s luck is.

• Sympathy 1