Mike Vrabel

Francesa said he thinks Vrabel is on the way out in Tennessee.  I know the Pats have talked about wanting him to be their next HC but, if I'm JD, I'd want to see if he'd have any interest in the Jets' job.  

Of course, he'll probably go to the Pats and they'll also probably get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  In other words, the year they finally fall apart, the cornerstones of their rebuilding plan will go perfectly (upper tier HC and FQB in place).

Wild story from one of the long time Titans beat reporters (Jim Wyatt?) that Vrabel wants out from the Titans because he resents the GM hire (Ran Carthon) whom the league reportedly pushed on the team as part of its minority hiring program. Kinda odd because Carthon has a great resume and, by most accounts, put together a nice draft and offseason. Drafted Skoronski and Levis, and useful depth pieces, and got Nuk Hopkins on the cheap. Could be Vrabel is pissed that they’re moving off Tannehill and Derrick Henry this year and feels that he’d have full control in New England. 

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wild story from one of the long time Titans beat reporters (Jim Wyatt?) that Vrabel wants out from the Titans because he resents the GM hire (Ran Carthon) whom the league reportedly pushed on the team as part of its minority hiring program. Kinda odd because Carthon has a great resume and, by most accounts, put together a nice draft and offseason. Drafted Skoronski and Levis, and useful depth pieces, and got Nuk Hopkins on the cheap. Could be Vrabel is pissed that they’re moving off Tannehill and Derrick Henry this year and feels that he’d have full control in New England. 

Go get laid. 

• Haha 1

Not a coordinator, has a coaching tree, has success in the playoffs, familiar with a run-oriented offense. Checks all my boxes. I would not be pissed at this hire. I don't know if I would be pounding the table for him though.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

Not a coordinator, has a coaching tree, has success in the playoffs, familiar with a run-oriented offense. Checks all my boxes. I would not be pissed at this hire. I don't know if I would be pounding the table for him though.

To me, Vrabel would be a home run.  We'd be such a better organization instantly.  He's not just competent, he's an upper echelon HC.  We haven't had a quality HC with experience since Parcells. 

Does anyone remember this move in a playoff game?

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

To me, Vrabel would be a home run.  We'd be such a better organization instantly.  He's not just competent, he's an upper echelon HC.  We haven't had a quality HC with experience since Parcells. 

True. I would certainly prefer him over any coordinator and maybe even some other former HCs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

he probably hates us like every other Pat. 

we need to have some pride and not ask people who hate us and going to turn us down anyway. like that rumor with TB 12 being asked to come here. he would laugh in our face if we called him and then laugh even more when he told the story every year for the rest of his life. ..

can you believe the Jets called me to play for them?? hahahahaha

cant wait till Bill gets let go and you start a "should he hire Belichick " thread. 

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Francesa said he thinks Vrabel is on the way out in Tennessee.  I know the Pats have talked about wanting him to be their next HC but, if I'm JD, I'd want to see if he'd have any interest in the Jets' job.  

Of course, he'll probably go to the Pats and they'll also probably get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  In other words, the year they finally fall apart, the cornerstones of their rebuilding plan will go perfectly (upper tier HC and FQB in place).

I don't pay too much attention to Pats news but strikes me maybe they will give Belicheat 1 more shot with Maye

1 hour ago, doitny said:

we need to have some pride and not ask people who hate us and going to turn us down anyway. like that rumor with TB 12 being asked to come here. he would laugh in our face if we called him and then laugh even more when he told the story every year for the rest of his life. ..

cant wait till Bill gets let go and you start a "should he hire Belichick " thread. 

Guy hasn't been in NE for many years now. I don't know why you would call him a Pat any more than you could call BB a Giant.

57 minutes ago, Hex said:

Guy hasn't been in NE for many years now. I don't know why you would call him a Pat any more than you could call BB a Giant.

he played 8 years there and won 3 SBs. in Tenn he coached 6 years and won 2 playoff games.

and he is one of there best defensive guys in there history. 7th in sacks, 4th in FF and 3rd in TFL. he will be in there ring of honor someday.

he will always be a Pat.

4 hours ago, doitny said:

The truth is you're probably not wrong.  But I still think we should try.  We did get Mangini at one point (though he was looking for his first job, while Vrabel already has a strong resume).

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I don't pay too much attention to Pats news but strikes me maybe they will give Belicheat 1 more shot with Maye

If I were the Pats I would absolutely let BB get another shot.  But I really get the feeling there's some issue between him and Kraft and this is going to be his last year.  

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Vrabel goes to New England he would be the first coach there in ten years that had full control over his own bladder.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If I were the Pats I would absolutely let BB get another shot.  But I really get the feeling there's some issue between him and Kraft and this is going to be his last year.  

The stories involving Kraft usually have a happy ending.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The New York Jets are not in the market for a coach or a GM.

Put that notion to bed.

Vrabel should avoid the Pats, a team on the serious downside for years to come.

Most teams can figure out how to get out of the hole in a year or two maximum. It's taken the Jets 10 plus years, but the Patriots, like most teams , will rebound quickly.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have some family and friends up there who are all die hard Pats fans and you get the impression they could go either way.  If he is fired they will be like fine he sucked anyway but if they keep him they will all be onboard and be normal obnoxious as usual :)

• Haha 1