Why Joe didn't bring in any other QB's

Once again Joe Douglas the savant and excellent GM that he is correctly evaluated the situation and made the right call.

The truth is it doesn't matter what we we would have brought in to replace Zach, or replace Boyle now. The problem is not the QB it is the play calling. 

Boyle and Zach like him were executing the system as designed. For all their short comings, any other guy you bring would be the same result. Boyle is executing the system perfectly as called and we cant score. Joe knows this.

That is why no one was brought in, Zach and Boyle knew the system, they look trash because of the system.

Too late to replace hackett system altogether after spending an off season implementing it, yeah sure he could fire him and let some underling take over but he is hoping that hackett turn it around.

The truth is Aaron Rodgers has common sense and like football 1000 IQ. When jacket calls a stupid play rodger just changes it, no QB we have or we can bring in can do that.

Say what you want but Joe Douglas once again is making the best move for the Jets .

Siemiens is coming in right now. I expect much of th same

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

So as the series has progressed more play called well short of the sticks and behind the line of scrimmage.

Siemians a limited qb😊, arguably worse that boyle for not knowing system as good and Zach, Zach is just more talented, will hopefully be able to do some thing, but we are seeing the exact same things. Qbs doing what they are asked to do, best result is just 3 and outs.

Hacketts play calling is a atrocious

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Million $$$ question, should’ve been done after week 1. Should be the first question presented to JD in his post season press conference.

Woody Johnson is cheap, and he cheerleads for Zach Wilson like a 14 year old girl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

How many back up QBs in the league could make anything out of this sh*t offense? Or for that matter starting QBs?

Did you see Hackett's presser explaining the offensive struggles where he said the players need to play better, but the team needs better plays, but he's being too aggressive calling two runs up the middle followed by a three yard pass play? 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately our owner looks at Rodgers like my 13 year old daughter looks at Taylor Swift....Rodgers didn't want anything close to a competent qb on this roster other than him....Why?...So he reaches elite hero status when he returns.....even if it's next year.....there is no doubt in my mind JD has been handcuffed with certain decisions since bringing in Rodgers. Sucks for idiots like us who continue to invest time and money into this absolute garbage

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I genuinely don't think our team was going to be good enough to make the playoffs with who was on the market. I think the shotcallers knew that. 

We could've brought in someone like Dobbs and gone 8-9, but come draft day I'm sure we'll be happy we didn't do that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grandy said:

I genuinely don't think our team was going to be good enough to make the playoffs with who was on the market. I think the shotcallers knew that. 

We could've brought in someone like Dobbs and gone 8-9, but come draft day I'm sure we'll be happy we didn't do that. 

True and also with that first rounder, the jets know they’re going to be in a position to take a qb either in round 1 or 3.  So i get not trading for one.  

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Old Rodgers wasnt doing anything with this offense, the offensive roster sucks, as does the scheme and the playclaling. The whole thing is rotten to the core, its way deeper than the QB

Rodgers can run any scheme he wants but not all qbs can.  These guys are going to have to figure out if catering the entire o to rodgers is worth their paychecks 

54 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Once again Joe Douglas the savant and excellent GM that he is correctly evaluated the situation and made the right call.

The truth is it doesn't matter what we we would have brought in to replace Zach, or replace Boyle now. The problem is not the QB it is the play calling. 

Boyle and Zach like him were executing the system as designed. For all their short comings, any other guy you bring would be the same result. Boyle is executing the system perfectly as called and we cant score. Joe knows this.

That is why no one was brought in, Zach and Boyle knew the system, they look trash because of the system.

Too late to replace hackett system altogether after spending an off season implementing it, yeah sure he could fire him and let some underling take over but he is hoping that hackett turn it around.

The truth is Aaron Rodgers has common sense and like football 1000 IQ. When jacket calls a stupid play rodger just changes it, no QB we have or we can bring in can do that.

Say what you want but Joe Douglas once again is making the best move for the Jets .

Siemiens is coming in right now. I expect much of th same

The great and wise JD recognized that the offensive coordinator he hired was so incredibly bad that it didn't matter what QB he had.. 

Truly a genius.