How the rest of the season plays out.

Wit

20 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don’t see them winning another game and there is no way rodgers can remotely think about stepping on the field with this line.

Not just the line… there was time. Just terrible play design and terrible players. By far the worst offense in history. Everyone sucks! All of them! Players coaches - the guy who cleans the porta John’s and trims the bushes! They all need to go!

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rooting for 4-13 and a new coaching staff/front office. 

expecting a meaningless win in week 18 that costs us 5 draft spots and 3 future hall of fame players

With rodgers here, I doubt it.  But, you would have to figure they’re on double secret probation now.  I would still scout the hell out of the qbs, esp. Daniels and mccarthy.  

We are going to pass on a QB with a top 5 pick cuz of Rodgers …and JD/Saleh needing to win next year to save their jobs . In reality we should take a QB with the top pick and then double down and  take another one in the 4th 5th round . 

39 minutes ago, Wit said:

We should lose out at this point, but will

Win just enough to miss out on an all time hall of fame player… to the pats….

Worst part is the QB we need to draft will be available but we won’t be able to take him because the coaching staff and JD have to save their jobs. Will have to draft an o linemen because it’ll make the team better next year.

• Upvote 1

You'd have to assume if Zach doesn't play at all rest of the season he is finished with the Jets. If Jets org still thinks he can play even as a backup and his contract in year 4 is still guaranteed they'll give him a few more starts. It could be a money decision they just don't want to pay another backup QB.

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Worst part is the QB we need to draft will be available but we won’t be able to take him because the coaching staff and JD have to save their jobs. Will have to draft an o linemen because it’ll make the team better next year.

This is where i disagree.  I think qb is more important to this team’s survival than OL.  They have no backup qb either, and it’s going to be difficult to obtain one in FA b/c so many qbs have been hurt and good backups are extremely valuable. 

I’d rather address OL in FA and on day 2 and figure out how which qb is worth taking.  It is the only way these guys are going to save their jobs, finding good qbs.  

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This is where i disagree.  I think qb is more important to this team’s survival than OL.  They have no backup qb either, and it’s going to be difficult to obtain one in FA b/c so many qbs have been hurt and good backups are extremely valuable. 

I’d rather address OL in FA and on day 2 and figure out how which qb is worth taking.  It is the only way these guys are going to save their jobs, finding good qbs.  

This teams survival yes, for this coaching staff and front office, no. As a fan, we all know we need the qb of the future. We care about the long term success for the team. This coaching staff and front office, they need help at o line to protect the guy they went all in on. Their priority is to win in 2024, they don’t care about 2025 and beyond. They can’t get to 2025 without a successful 2024. They don’t get an immediate starter for 2024 by drafting a qb. It’s win with Rodgers in 2024 or look for new jobs.

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

This teams survival yes, for this coaching staff and front office, no. As a fan, we all know we need the qb of the future. This coaching staff and front office, they need help at o line to protect the guy they went all in on. Their priority is to win in 2024, they don’t care about 2025 and beyond. They can’t get to 2025 without a successful 2024 They don’t get an immediate starter for 2024 by drafting a qb. 

But to win in 2024, they’re going to need more qbs.  They’re competing with all other teams for these backup qbs and why would any of them come here?  The jets have 1 qb and need 3.  It’s easier to find OL in FA and the draft.  They can’t be in a position where rodgers misses a game and they put in boyle.  They didn’t do anything at the deadline and seemingly threw wilson out there knowing he would eventually fail as if they needed to prove it to woody so they could move on this offseason. 

Rodgers could get hurt in training camp.  Who starts opening day?  B/c if they can’t score tds next year it is assuredly a major house cleaning

13 minutes ago, Jolot said:

We are going to pass on a QB with a top 5 pick cuz of Rodgers …and JD/Saleh needing to win next year to save their jobs . In reality we should take a QB with the top pick and then double down and  take another one in the 4th 5th round . 

The Jets can’t do that. You don’t draft a rookie QB before a regime change and since we are stuck in AR purgatory, we can only hope for trading down or hitting on a pick that will help the next regime.

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets can’t do that. You don’t draft a rookie QB before a regime change and since we are stuck in AR purgatory, we can only hope for trading down or hitting on a pick that will help the next regime.

You can take one in the 3rd round too.  They just need to start trying.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

But to win in 2024, they’re going to need more qbs.  They’re competing with all other teams for these backup qbs and why would any of them come here?  The jets have 1 qb and need 3.  It’s easier to find OL in FA and the draft.  They can’t be in a position where rodgers misses a game and they put in boyle.  They didn’t do anything at the deadline and seemingly threw wilson out there knowing he would eventually fail as if they needed to prove it to woody so they could move on this offseason. 

Rodgers could get hurt in training camp.  Who starts opening day?  B/c if they can’t score tds next year it is assuredly a major house cleaning

You assume we can just go out and sign players to fill holes. That’s not the case. Have you not noticed that all the high profile free agents we’ve been linked to always go else where? There is a reason for that. These agents know that not many guys who sign here pan out. Throw in some of the worst tax rates in the NFL and signing here is a bad bet. We get the guys who want to take the highest offers. You’re arguing in the perspective as what a fan would want. I’m arguing in the perspective of what a desperate coaching staff will do when they know that it’s a do or die season. There will be no next year to run it back with their highly drafted qb. This group chose to roll with Rodgers, it’s either win with him or get fired. Look at it like your saleh and JD. Are you really going into possibly your last draft, using your last bit of resources to save your job on a player that won’t help you save your job? Only way we go qb in rd 1 is if everyone gets fired, or we trade down and have multiple first round picks.