The Jets cannot afford another year of Joe Douglas

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It would be the smart thing to do. Clean house.

Unfortunately they will run it back next season under the delusion a 41 year QB solves all their problems.

Even if they make the playoffs if they don’t win, it’s not as if rodgers is improving.  They still need a qb.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

There is only one thing that can save Douglas long term imo.

He has to call Saleh and Rodgers into his office and have the balls to lay down the law and tell them the following.

Hackett is out, all of the green bay rodgers buddies hangers on are out.  

I am the GM I will provide the players you make them work.

I have zero confidence he will have the balls to do this, the more likely scenario is he will double down with the stupdidity by chasing after Davante Adams and David Bahktiari etc

So this Salehs and Rodgers fault? Lol. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

OP is absolutely correct, of course. Douglas was given six years to correct the mistakes of Idzik and Maccagnan because the bald, bearded snake oil salesman (backed up by Adam Gase, don't forget) told Woody that it would take that long to turn the Jets into a contender.

Approaching the five year mark, and we're arguably worse off now than we were when Douglas took over the reigns. Still have no quarterback. There is no depth to the skill position players behind Wilson and Hall, and Hall looks a shadow of himself right now. The offensive line are five turnstiles leading direct to the QB.

The defence is good but overrated, and that's after throwing millions of dollars and lots of high draft picks at it, as well as hiring a defensive-minded head coach.

Time to clean house, again.

Douglas makes defending his job harder each week but I don't know how you can seriously argue the roster now is as bad or worse than the turd roster the Jets fielded in 2019. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is only one thing that can save Douglas long term imo.

He has to call Saleh and Rodgers into his office and have the balls to lay down the law and tell them the following.

Hackett is out, all of the green bay rodgers buddies hangers on are out.  

I am the GM I will provide the players you make them work.

I have zero confidence he will have the balls to do this, the more likely scenario is he will double down with the stupdidity by chasing after Davante Adams and David Bahktiari etc

Nope. JD already lost his balls and bent over by making a desperate trade for AR. He cannot go from one extreme decision to another. He is out of major moves and needs to be gone 100%. This is the bed that he helped make and he can’t be part of fixing any of it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Douglas makes defending his job harder each week but I don't know how you can seriously argue the roster now is as bad or worse than the turd roster the Jets fielded in 2019. 

Elements of the roster are better, that's true. But there's zero depth on the roster. The tight ends room is a debacle. We don't have a decent second wide receiver (I'll concede that Davis' retirement after the draft hurt that, but let's not forget that under Douglas, the Jets have spent two second round picks on two wide receivers, only to trade them for peanuts a couple of years later). The offensive line has little depth and can't block.

Starters on the 2019 offence

QB: Sam Darnold (273 for 441, 3024 yards, 19 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 33 rushes for 62 yards and 2 TDs)

RB: Le'Veon Bell (245 rushes for 789 yards, 3 TDs, 66 catches for 461 yards, 1 TD)

WR1: Robbie Chosen (52 catches for 779 yards, 5 TDs, 1 rush for 4 yards)

WR2: Jamison Crowder (78 catches for 883 yards, 6 TDs, 1 rush for 4 yards)

WR3: Demaryius Thomas (RIP) (36 catches for 433 yards, 1 TD)

TE1: Ryan Griffin (34 catches for 320 yards, 5 TDs)

LT: Kelvin Beachum

LG: Alex Lewis

😄 Jonathan Harrison

RG: Brian Winters

RT: Brandon Shell

To me, that far exceeds what the Jets have put up on offence so far this year. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Seems clear they should clean house and only move on with Rodgers if he’s willing to do it on our terms.

Seems clear they will run it back.

That would be the best strategy.  Ask him what his thoughts are if they do this and draft a guy behind him knowing his age and injury history

We've had fans give JD the highest of grades for his drafts acquisition of Rodgers etc. But the bottom line is Ws and Ls and in that category he isn't a winner. I'd keep him one more year to see what could happen with a healthy AR. But no matter who the QB is you have to have a good OL and smart blocking schemes. 

Some of you are so shortsighted. How about a little patience? We're on year 5 of a 12 year rebuild.

All joking aside, it doesn't look like things are going to end well for Joe Douglas. He did a fine job of tearing things down and building a solid defense. But his complete botching of the offense is certainly a firable offense. His list of accomplishments at this point are dwindling by the week. And his W-L record speaks for itself. This isn't a situation of a small sample size.

I worry the Jets won't hire anyone better, but it's just about time to start over. Again.

• Post of the Week 2

57 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Elements of the roster are better, that's true. But there's zero depth on the roster. The tight ends room is a debacle. We don't have a decent second wide receiver (I'll concede that Davis' retirement after the draft hurt that, but let's not forget that under Douglas, the Jets have spent two second round picks on two wide receivers, only to trade them for peanuts a couple of years later). The offensive line has little depth and can't block.

Starters on the 2019 offence

QB: Sam Darnold (273 for 441, 3024 yards, 19 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 33 rushes for 62 yards and 2 TDs)

RB: Le'Veon Bell (245 rushes for 789 yards, 3 TDs, 66 catches for 461 yards, 1 TD)

WR1: Robbie Chosen (52 catches for 779 yards, 5 TDs, 1 rush for 4 yards)

WR2: Jamison Crowder (78 catches for 883 yards, 6 TDs, 1 rush for 4 yards)

WR3: Demaryius Thomas (RIP) (36 catches for 433 yards, 1 TD)

TE1: Ryan Griffin (34 catches for 320 yards, 5 TDs)

LT: Kelvin Beachum

LG: Alex Lewis

😄 Jonathan Harrison

RG: Brian Winters

RT: Brandon Shell

To me, that far exceeds what the Jets have put up on offence so far this year. 

Darnold stats are 10x than zach. Darnold had almost as many tds in 1 then Zach did his entire 3 yr career. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

78th game as GM 24 and 54 record. How can ANYONE defend that? He is abysmal and the Jets cannot afford to give him another season and more importantly,  another draft.

JEts can't afford another year of Woody meddling in things and making them worse

• Upvote 1