Jets with #6 pick - As of now - MOCK top 10?

Jdeet

Passing the Giants, due to SOS and facing the Commanders and the Patriots will help lower that percentage. The Chiefs losing tonight helped the Jets pass the Giants.

Losing to the Commanders and the Cardinals playing much better with Kyler Murray, will help the Jets possibly get as high as #3. The Bears will not be taking a QB with both of their picks, even if they are ahead of us. Cardinals and Commanders aren't taking a QB.

So its Chicago's 1st pick and New England's pick, and still a chance to pass Chicago.

From my view, there are 3 no brainer QB picks, in Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels, with Nix, Pennix and McCarthy all being there, whenever we pick

Here is what I see for the top 10 -

#1 - Chicago Bears (Carolina) - QB) Caleb Williams

#2 - New England Patriots - QB) Drake Maye

#3 - Arizona Cardinals - WR) Marvin Harrison Jr

#4 - Chicago Bears - OT) Olu Fashanu

#5 - Washington Commanders - EDGE) Laiatu Latu

#6 - New York Jets - QB) Jayden Daniels

#7 - New York Giants - QB) Bo Nix

#8 - Tennessee Titans - TE) Brock Bowers

#9 - New Orleans Saints - OT) Joe Alt

#10 - Tampa Bay Bucs - QB) Michael Penix Jr

If we climb further, I don't see us changing this pick, unless we are able to snag Marvin Harrison Jr. That would mean a lot of losing and its quite possible.

Thoughts.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

6 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Passing the Giants, due to SOS and facing the Commanders and the Patriots will help lower that percentage. The Chiefs losing tonight helped the Jets pass the Giants.

Losing to the Commanders and the Cardinals playing much better with Kyler Murray, will help the Jets possibly get as high as #3. The Bears will not be taking a QB with both of their picks, even if they are ahead of us. Cardinals and Commanders aren't taking a QB.

So its Chicago's 1st pick and New England's pick, and still a chance to pass Chicago.

From my view, there are 3 no brainer QB picks, in Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels, with Nix, Pennix and McCarthy all being there, whenever we pick

If we climb further, I don't see us changing this pick, unless we are able to snag Marvin Harrison Jr. That would mean a lot of losing and its quite possible.

Thoughts.

Jayden going at 6 seems like a big reach.  And are the Bears giving up on Fields? I dont thnk so. They could trade that # 1 pick for a gold mine. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Thoughts.

I'd take Bowers but if a QB either Nix or Penix over Daniels. 

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

We would take Alt as is, I'm pretty sure.  If Daniels is the guy they want I think they'd rather move down a bit.  Especially since they're missing a 2nd.

When it's all said and done though I think we could end up 3rd overall.  Maybe even 2nd if New England manages to win one other game.  If we get in the top-3 it's gotta be Caleb, Maye, or MHJr, whichever one is there.  I would definitely listen to offers though.  If you can move down to like 6 or 7 and get an early 2nd this year and a 1st next year, you could still probably walk away with Alt or Fashanu.  If both are gone, then definitely Bowers or even Daniels if you want to go that route.  Then take your WR2 in the early 2nd.  There will be some good ones there.  

Just keep losing at this point though.  This season is a dud.  Obviously no one is going anywhere either.  I'd be open to replacing Saleh but they're not gonna replace Hackett since Rodgers is the guy next year, and no coach will take this job if he can't bring in his own staff.  BUT if we walk away from the draft with Caleb or Marvin Harrison Jr it'll make me feel a lot better about this disaster of a year.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Thoughts.

Ugh. Isn’t there a DL we can snap at #6?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Thoughts.

The Jets aren’t picking a QB as  they expect Rodgers back. Also Saleh & Douglas will need to win next season, they will pick a player with immediate impact to win in the tight Rodgers window.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Thoughts.

They won't pass on the OT for a QB

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

While I’m not crazy about using a top 9 pick on a QB because history shows it to be a fools errand, IMO Daniels has the highest floor of this QB draft class. And having him behind Rodgers for a season or 2 would be ideal.

And is there any doubt the Jets will release ZW, and that eventually he will find himself starting against the jets in a must win for the jets situation .,,, after all that is the Jet Way.

• Upvote 2

Jayden Daniels is the only acceptable QB at the top of this draft.  The rest are busts waiting to happen.  That said, I cant see your team taking a QB w/ Rodgers still in the building for a few years and arguably the most absurd back up QB situations under a single regime in the history of the NFL.  I also cant imagine putting a rookie LT out there and hoping he's ready to go from jump street.  So your best bet is to franchise Becton or find a LT in FA and go get a legitimate back up QB that can actually complete a forward pass in an NFL game.  You cant do another season w/ Rodgers and some unknown hopeful to back up a 40 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury.  That is the definition of insanity and literally setting up the season for another disaster in the making if Rodgers goes down.  And who's developing this QB?  Hackett?  lol  Take a flier at a mid-rounder and let him redshirt for the his rookie season.

The Jets will end up w/ pick 3 or 4 after they lose out, you just hope you can land Marvin Harrison Jr. in that situation.  If he's gone, Alt is acceptable but only if you've somehow attracted and can afford, DeVante Adams or Mike Evans.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you're picking 6 and there's a QB you like you HAVE to take him. 

I'm sorry Rodgers.

In FA's you go use ALL of whatever money you have on OL and the best WR you can find....Make a one year run with this coaching staff and Rodgers...let the QB sit a year...

And then move on.  Rodgers isn't playing more than a year.

Even if Rodgers is playing 2-3 more years, we still have to take a QB with our 1st rounder if a top one is available to us.  AR8 sat a couple of years behind Favre.  And Jordan Love sat like 3 years behind AR8.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Assuming what you wrote is true (and I question that it is), they could still easily trade back (for a haul) to some team that wants one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you're picking 6 and there's a QB you like you HAVE to take him. 

I'm sorry Rodgers.

In FA's you go use ALL of whatever money you have on OL and the best WR you can find....Make a one year run with this coaching staff and Rodgers...let the QB sit a year...

And then move on.  Rodgers isn't playing more than a year.

I don’t know why people keep suggesting we draft a QB high when there will be a regime change. That’s the worst time to draft a QB. Bolstering the OL/WR group will help both Rodgers and a future QB when there is a new regime. This current regime absolutely cannot draft another QB high. It would be a total waste of a pick since the new regime would want their own QB.

This team is in a bad spot and if there is a QB on the board, TRADE DOWN and start filling the many holes that were created by idiot JD. I don’t trust him to make anymore moves to be honest but would prefer that over another QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even if Rodgers is playing 2-3 more years, we still have to take a QB with our 1st rounder if a top one is available to us.  AR8 sat a couple of years behind Favre.  And Jordan Love sat like 3 years behind AR8.

This....at this point, try something different....take the QB, let him sit behind rodgers for a year or 2...Love looks like he has figured it out and has looked great for a month now.

Man, the packers had favre, went to rodgers, and in the first year after rodgers, love looks like he can be their guy. Talk about a fan base that hasn't struggled through this hellfire 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t know why people keep suggesting we draft a QB high when there will be a regime change. That’s the worst time to draft a QB. Bolstering the OL/WR group will help both Rodgers and a future QB when there is a new regime. This current regime absolutely cannot draft another QB high. It would be a total waste of a pick since the new regime would want their own QB.

This team is in a bad spot and if there is a QB on the board, TRADE DOWN and start filling the many holes that were created by idiot JD. I don’t trust him to make anymore moves to be honest but would prefer that over another QB. 

They can trade back, address OL and take a qb on day 2.  Day 2 qbs become starters and some become good ones.  It’s a good way to hedge and also fix the OL hopefully

8 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Thoughts.

I would be really mad if we didn't take Alt but I do think Daniels is the best QB. We would need an incredible offseason for me to be okay with another pick for the future.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I'd ammend that to weapon, I'm reluctant to take a TE in the first but if he is the best weapon with immediate impact, that's a fine pick.

It’s not good use of a pick that high.  It should be ol or qb, te is not a premium position and rarely, rarely does a te that high come in and justify draft position.  

8 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Thoughts.

If that's how the board falls, and JD is the one making the pick.....I don't see him passing on Alt for a QB. I'd be willing to bet anything he doesn't pick a QB in the 1st.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They can trade back, address OL and take a qb on day 2.  Day 2 qbs become starters and some become good ones.  It’s a good way to hedge and also fix the OL hopefully

That’s fine. Essentially the QB is gravy at that point if a trade down is pulled off. I have ZERO faith in JD. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s not good use of a pick that high.  It should be ol or qb, te is not a premium position and rarely, rarely does a te that high come in and justify draft position.  

Agreed, which is why I said it's not my preferred route. Bowers is considered up there with MHJ with the "generational" label. Rodgers loves his TEs and we need a Redzone target, that's all I'm implying.

If Fashanu, Alt, and MHJ are all gone, 'd take a hard look at Keon Coleman, if possible, trade down and try like hell to pair Jordan Tavis with him in the 3rd or 4th round. Give your guys that Burrow/Chase chemistry immediately.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, which is why I said it's not my preferred route. Bowers is considered up there with MHJ with the "generational" label. Rodgers loves his TEs and we need a Redzone target, that's all I'm implying.

If Fashanu, Alt, and MHJ are all gone, 'd take a hard look at Keon Coleman, if possible, trade down and try like hell to pair Jordan Tavis with him in the 3rd or 4th round. Give your guys that Burrow/Chase chemistry immediately.

If the jets are top 5-6 they can take a tackle, probably alt or Fashanu.  But the best use of that pick would be a trade back.  They can turn a top 5 pick into the 10 pick and a day 2 pick thats good use, they still take a tackle in round 1.  

Ultimately they could pick 3rd, which would probably mean hey could trade out and sell the wr to the highest bidder.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If the jets are top 5-6 they can take a tackle, probably alt or Fashanu.  But the best use of that pick would be a trade back.  They can turn a top 5 pick into the 10 pick and a day 2 pick thats good use, they still take a tackle in round 1.  

Ultimately they could pick 3rd, which would probably mean hey could trade out and sell the wr to the highest bidder.  

I think you'll need to be top 5 for one of MHJ, Fashanu, or Alt - if one of them is there, that's the pick IMO.

Trading down is definitely an option but I'd have to see what the trade is. I'd want a 2025 first but I don't know it Douglas does that if he's got his back against the wall this year.

• Upvote 1